Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- nladas - 2010-04-09

karunelli Wrote:try this..If you installed the latest ffdshow [31/Mar/2010],
start/programfiles/ffdshow/dxva video decoder configuration

There is an item on the left side of the window called 'Hardware Acceleration'.
you need to check the H264 the checkbox.

sorry 4 my bad english iam from germany and using the latest svn from this thread. My question is, is there a Manual for setting up ffdshow in the right way ?
what settings in ffdshow must be done to get the best results an that dxva works fine ?

Thx for your help
best wishes

- oldpainless - 2010-04-09

nladas Wrote:sorry 4 my bad english iam from germany and using the latest svn from this thread. My question is, is there a Manual for setting up ffdshow in the right way ?
what settings in ffdshow must be done to get the best results an that dxva works fine ?

Thx for your help
best wishes

Try this

Or just change the video codec in the xml file to mpc.

K

- nladas - 2010-04-09

ok.

Thats all i have to setup. Fine Wink big thanks.

- nladas - 2010-04-09

uh now i got a problem.

in ffdshow i enable the dxva settings. But in xbmc the dsplayer wont open if i try to play a .mkv file

dvix files i can open the the dsplayer. But on mkv the display blink 1 sec and nothing happens.
Do i have the change something in the dsplayconfig ?

win7 32 bit
780g amd igp
amd athlonxII 4850e

- oldpainless - 2010-04-09

nladas Wrote:uh now i got a problem.

in ffdshow i enable the dxva settings. But in xbmc the dsplayer wont open if i try to play a .mkv file

dvix files i can open the the dsplayer. But on mkv the display blink 1 sec and nothing happens.
Do i have the change something in the dsplayconfig ?

win7 32 bit
780g amd igp
amd athlonxII 4850e

If it has a certain type of sub it will fail (seb is fixing)....try to test an MKV without subs. (tip - use mediainfo to check the mkv)...

K

EDIT - you should change the source and splitter for mkv to mkvsource and mkvsplitter in the dsconfig (double check - but just look at the xml)...as posted on previous page!..

K

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-09

uncertainty Wrote:I can only speak to the ffdshow's AR (sar/par/dar). If I configure MPC to use ffdshow for x264 decoding, it will display incorrect aspect ratios when Dar and Sar have conflicting values. There is a fix for this under VMR but not for EVR.

Your example shows the Dar and Sar having different values

Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Original display aspect ratio : 5:4

Setup MPC or MPC-HC (under options/internal filters, disable any H264 filters), make ffdshows x264 decoder the highest priority and you will see that the AR is not displayed correctly.

Sorry mate missed your post yesterday.

I'm not doubting that to be the case (if you decide to use ffdshow video filters within your configuration), but, with the exception of ffdshow audio - I have no ffdshow video filters in my config, therefore I fail to see the significance. All my media files are set up to use either mpcvideodec, or cyberlink9videodec - nothing else.

From Seb's previous reply I have assumed that there is an issue with dsplayer functionality, though not a high priority fix, so I'm quite happy to wait - thanks anyway. Smile

- nladas - 2010-04-09

oldpainless Wrote:If it has a certain type of sub it will fail (seb is fixing)....try to test an MKV without subs. (tip - use mediainfo to check the mkv)...

K

EDIT - you should change the source and splitter for mkv to mkvsource and mkvsplitter in the dsconfig (double check - but just look at the xml)...as posted on previous page!..

K

oh yes that solved my problem !

screen

- Marjas - 2010-04-09

I've got a general question.
I installed an mirror XBMC version: xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe .
I have some plugins and programs and personal settings in this version.
Now I want to install the Dsplayer version from passion.
Can I install over my version and do I have all settings,plugins and programs from my old version?Or is this unusable.

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-09

Marjas Wrote:I've got a general question.
I installed an mirror XBMC version: xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe .
I have some plugins and programs and personal settings in this version.
Now I want to install the Dsplayer version from passion.
Can I install over my version and do I have all settings,plugins and programs from my old version?Or is this unusable.

Depends on what settings you are talking about (if they are in an advancedsettings.xml, they will remain untouched, though whether they will remain functional I don't know, if in the default location, they will be overwritten) as the dsplayer builds are based on a more recent svn trunk build. Also note that If you upgrade to revision higher than 28720 (which you will if upgrading to the latest dsplayer build) you will not be able to downgrade to a lower revision as the databases are not compatible. - this means you will not be able to go back to the revision you are currently on without rebuilding a brand new database.

Plugin support as far as I can remember is also broken in the current trunk builds, therefore unlikely they will work either.

- tredman - 2010-04-09

steelman1991 Wrote:Depends on what settings you are talking about (if they are in an advancedsettings.xml, they will remain untouched, though whether they will remain functional I don't know, if in the default location, they will be overwritten) as the dsplayer builds are based on a more recent svn trunk build. Also note that If you upgrade to revision higher than 28720 (which you will if upgrading to the latest dsplayer build) you will not be able to downgrade to a lower revision as the databases are not compatible. - this means you will not be able to go back to the revision you are currently on without rebuilding a brand new database.

Plugin support as far as I can remember is also broken in the current trunk builds, therefore unlikely they will work either.

If you take a back up of userdata folder before upgrading you can downgrade, juts use yor backup to overwrite your userdata folder after downgrading - it worked well for me.

Tbh I'd have stayed at the newer version, but the native dxva2 implementation wasn't using the gpu and I like to use this for HD content and dsplayer for sd stuff

- moviebuff - 2010-04-09

Anybody else find Xbmc freezes when put in sleep mode? Then have to exit via the keyboard windows button and close by the taskbar.

- relayer35 - 2010-04-09

jknutzen Wrote:I installed r29028 in the non-portable mode. Movies open using the standard DVDPlayer. When I ask XBMC to use DSPlayer, "Working..." appears in the bottom right and does not go away. If I click on XBMC, it says "XBMC is not responding".

I've tried a couple times to install r29028 on two different similarly configured machines and received the same crash. I tried a couple different things, like making sure that I changed "haali" to "mkvsource" in dsfilterconfig, and tried switching to mpcvideodec instead ffdvideodxvadec. Occasionally I could get a mkv play with very high CPU usage, but most of the time I would just hang and would have to end the task. I certainly was not getting video acceleration. When I didn't hang, XBMC would hang while exiting.

I have been using an earlier version for some time now, r28511 I think, with no crashes, low cpu usage, good image quality for 720p and 1080p material so I reverted back (I had backed up my database prior to updating thankfully). I'll try a newer release when available. I just don't have the time to debug when the previous version is working fine. If you do figure out your problem, I'd be interested in the solution.

- tredman - 2010-04-09

Just tried builds 28016 & 28622 off the passion site and have an odd problem - clicking TV to go direct into the TV section of my video library goes to a blank page.

Have tried the standard 28256 build and it works fine, anyone else have this problem with the ds oplayer builds?

Have tried thehigher builds and all works fine, but obviously no plugins...

just using stock confluence skin

- blinkseb - 2010-04-09

tdw197 Wrote:Just tried builds 28016 & 28622 off the passion site and have an odd problem - clicking TV to go direct into the TV section of my video library goes to a blank page.

Have tried the standard 28256 build and it works fine, anyone else have this problem with the ds oplayer builds?

Have tried thehigher builds and all works fine, but obviously no plugins...

just using stock confluence skin

Well, upgrade. If you don't want tp, don't ask support. Thanks

- tredman - 2010-04-09

blinkseb Wrote:Well, upgrade. If you don't want tp, don't ask support. Thanks

I'm not asking for support - i was asking for comments on whether anyone else has seen this or been able to resolve this.

This is part of the problem with this thread, if you want to ask a question about a dsplayer build it has to go in this thread and you end up getting flamed.

As one of the devs you are doing brilliant work and dsplayer is excellent - but you don't need to respond to every post, if we must treat this thread as the only place to discuss dsplayer builds.

We the users can help with most of the issues newbs have, in my case i was simply asking for views from other users, not support from anyone (least of all one the devs).

Thanks!