Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- oldpainless - 2010-04-12

steelman1991 Wrote:Sorry but is that one of those Big Shiny things with lots of wheels Laugh

Lol...Laugh...bugger - posted fixed.

K

- Zodler - 2010-04-13

When using DSPlayer the Bookmarks don't work anymore. The internal player can work with the bookmarks however. Shocked

- blinkseb - 2010-04-13

Zodler Wrote:When using DSPlayer the Bookmarks don't work anymore. The internal player can work with the bookmarks however. Shocked

Yeah, it's not implemented so it's normal it doesn't work Smile

- RequiemTCE - 2010-04-13

Sorry in advance, I dug through the last several pages and didn't see an answer:
Will this use DXVA under XP for h264 on an ION yet?

I'd really like to use xbmc remote on an ipad for my HT, but my HTPC is a single core/1gb revo (atom/ion) that came with XP, and with the build I installed pretty recently DXVA doesn't work with the internal player under that configuration. I set up MPC-HC as an external player, which works great, but as far as I can tell there is no way to pass commands given via xbmc remote on the ipad to MPC-HC. From what I can tell EventGhost is useless in this scenario since XBMC would have to perform the roll of EventGhost since nothing else is in contact with the ipad. Since the system has only 1gb of ram to share between the GPU and the system and only a single atom core I'm pretty skeptical about installing Windows 7 on it.

- wolfram9999 - 2010-04-13

OK, two questions, and please don't blast me for asking them because I've installed so many revs of xbmc I've completely borked my install and had to redo it.

Soooo...

1) No matter how many different revs I downloaded and installed, I never saw the options on my screen that are listed in the screenshot in the front page (the one that lists MPA decoder, FFdshow decoder, etc.). Is that screenshot from a really old version? Or do I need to do something special to enable them?
2) I've seen several posters saying something to the effect of "I downloaded the newest build and everything just worked right off the bat!" so I am still not sure if the XML editing is supposed to be necessary in the current builds (XBMCSetup-Rev28016-dx.exe) and beyond, for instance.

Thanks in advance...hoping to do things right this time and just reading TFM didn't work so well last go-around, so I'm hoping some of ya'll can help. Smile

- crackerbear - 2010-04-13

wolfram9999 Wrote:1) No matter how many different revs I downloaded and installed, I never saw the options on my screen that are listed in the screenshot in the front page (the one that lists MPA decoder, FFdshow decoder, etc.). Is that screenshot from a really old version? Or do I need to do something special to enable them?
Press O on keyboard and you'll get that info panel. The information layout is slightly different on DVDPlayer and DSPlayer, but they're generally the same.
wolfram9999 Wrote:2) I've seen several posters saying something to the effect of "I downloaded the newest build and everything just worked right off the bat!" so I am still not sure if the XML editing is supposed to be necessary in the current builds (XBMCSetup-Rev28016-dx.exe) and beyond, for instance.
I've had to edit the dsfilterconfig.xml file a few times (i.e. changing mkv/mp4 source filters and video filter as MPC Decoder gives me funny colours or FFDShow DXVA plays up for me so I use CoreAVC) but nothing particularly major, it should generally work as the most common codecs/filters are pre-listed. I've also made DSPlayer the default player (except for rmvb files) as written by Tiben20 on the first post.

Expect to do some editing anyway given this is an alpha.

- wolfram9999 - 2010-04-13

crackerbear Wrote:Expect to do some editing anyway given this is an alpha.

Coolio. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try it out again tonight. I have no prob with editing the XML file, I just wanted to make sure that was still necessary, before I went ahead and did that, in case doing so would have frakked up my system (if it had been unnecessary).

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-13

wolfram9999 Wrote:OK, two questions, and please don't blast me for asking them because I've installed so many revs of xbmc I've completely borked my install and had to redo it.

Soooo...

1) No matter how many different revs I downloaded and installed, I never saw the options on my screen that are listed in the screenshot in the front page (the one that lists MPA decoder, FFdshow decoder, etc.). Is that screenshot from a really old version? Or do I need to do something special to enable them?
2) I've seen several posters saying something to the effect of "I downloaded the newest build and everything just worked right off the bat!" so I am still not sure if the XML editing is supposed to be necessary in the current builds (XBMCSetup-Rev28016-dx.exe) and beyond, for instance.

Thanks in advance...hoping to do things right this time and just reading TFM didn't work so well last go-around, so I'm hoping some of ya'll can help. Smile

That's the beauty of the dsplayer branch, for some people it does just 'work right off the bat', but for those where it doesn't they are not tied to the config and can change to suit their system abd codec needs.

Note there is a user support thread where this type of question might have been more suitable - in essence this a development and not a support thread Wink - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71825

- ashlar - 2010-04-13

Considering the fact that this is a development thread and with the clear separation from the support thread... shouldn't this be moved in the development section?

Leaving it here only contributes to the confusion.

- hsinchu308 - 2010-04-13

blinkseb Wrote:That's it.

Actually, subtitle resolution are set on desktop size, maybe i'll need to set an option to set that.

That would be great. Actually I found from MPC-HC that subtitles drawn at 800x600 look better to me anyway, because the characters look "softer", while at desktop resolution (1920x1200) the characters look too sharp (not to mention too slow, which sometimes causes stuttering on my Nvidia 8400GS w/ PCI bus, as well as the Revo R3610 w/ single channel RAM.

:o

- liquidskin76 - 2010-04-14

Hi Tiben and Seb,

You may be planning on tweaking however thought it best to point out. On build 29166, even on the lowest subtitle size settings of 16, dsplayer subs are looking a little large.

Otherwise all is sweet from my end!! New renderer introduced in build 28980 is a massive improvement! Loving dsplayer! Big Grin

Cheers

P.S. On a few mkv's i'm seeing the video speeding up for a few seconds after chapter seeking. Doesn't happening when using haali, only mkvsplitter. Turns out the same issue exists on mpc-hc when using mkvsplitter, so it mpc-hc's mkv splitter thats the issue, not dsplayer!

- blinkseb - 2010-04-14

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi Tiben and Seb,

You may be planning on tweaking however thought it best to point out. On build 29166, even on the lowest subtitle size settings of 16, dsplayer subs are looking a little large.

Otherwise all is sweet from my end!! New renderer introduced in build 28980 is a massive improvement! Loving dsplayer! Big Grin

Cheers

P.S. On a few mkv's i'm seeing the video speeding up for a few seconds after chapter seeking. Doesn't happening when using haali, only mkvsplitter. Turns out the same issue exists on mpc-hc when using mkvsplitter, so it mpc-hc's mkv splitter thats the issue, not dsplayer!

For the subtitle font size, I think I'll need to tweak that, in deed. I need to find what conversion rule use dvdplayer and it's on Smile

- metaltimo - 2010-04-14

Sorry for DOUBLE POSTING but I didn´t know in which Thread it is better to post that...:confused2:

Hi Folks!!!

First sorry for my bad English, I´m German and I will try it...
I´m an absolutely Newbie at XBMC and I´ve got some problems to get it work, but at first I have to say, that XBMC is an absolutely COOL and POWERFUL Media Center, better than anyone I tested, i. e. Media Portal or the internal MCE of XP...! GREAT STUFF!!!

The main Problem is my Hardware in order to play HD Video... I have the latest intel P4 (one core hyperthreading) CPU 3,2 GHz and I didn´t want to invest 500 Euros for new PC Equipement, so I decided to buy a Graphicscard with GPU Acceleration, it´s Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3450 AGP 512MB GDDRII.
Anywhere I learned after the buy, that I need a player using hardwareacceleration otherwise I can´t play HD and so it is...
Only mpc-hc is the one and only player that plays my HD material without any bugs!
Since I heard, that the dsplayer uses dxva1 for XP, I wanted to try it out...
I installed the latest dsbuild here from the forum...
BUT it doesn´t work... I just get a black screen with audio, when I click the option "play with" If I change the videodec in the dsfilterconf.xml, i.e. coreavc, I get an occured error in "rendering the file", if I use ffdshowvideodec, I get a blackscreen with audio, also if I use mpcvideodec...
I´m so frustrated, because I first want to try dsplayer, because I heard so many good things and I can use the whole option from xbmc, i. e. change the videosize or the audio...
I stored the xml in the "userdata folder" under the local folders of Windows (right path)
Even when I don´t change Anything, I get no videoscreen...
Can somebody post here a dsfilterconf.xml that works well?!
By the way...
I Just want dsplayer to work ONLY on HD videofiles mkv, mov, ts, mp4... and open automatically if filetype is one of these...
I have already tried a advancedsettings.xml with rules for that from the wiki, but it doesn´t work, so would be fine, if anybody could help me there...!

The other way for me was, to built in mpc-hc player as an externalplayer...
That works so far...
Now, if I use the option "play with" and chose the mpc-hc, mpc-hc starts and play my video in fullscreen mode...
I have written a new playercorefactory.xml also stored in the Userdata and I tried out <args>{1} fullscreen/shutdown... So I wanted that mpc-hc quit automatically after playing the videofile...
The problem is, that I have little problems with the args "forceontop" and "hidexbmc" I don´t know when I have to set false or true...
Allthough I tried the rules for starting the mpc-hc automatically, when filetype is mkv,... etc.
I DIDN´T GET IT...
I NEED HELP!!!
My wish at least is this...:

1.I use xbmc
2.I play a video when it´s SD the normal dvdplayer should start
3.I play a HD video... MPC-HC should start in fullscreen automatically AND (!!!) if I press the "stopp" button or if the video has finished, MPC-HC should shutdown AND xbmc should AUTOMATICALLY be on top of the screen (now I get only the desktop and I have to use the "alt/tab" combi)
4.I use xbmc

WHICH CONTENT MUST HAVE THE PLAYERCOREFACTORY AT LEAST?!?
Please send me an exampel... or Help...
I tried out so many ways but I didn´t get a solution...

BUT the better way should be that the dsplayer will work and give me a videoscreen and of course the best way using completely GPU Acceleration just as MPC-HC does...

Please don´t tell me that I´m dreaming...
Thanks for SUPPORTING!!!
greets from Germany
Timo

- oldpainless - 2010-04-14

metaltimo Wrote:Sorry for DOUBLE POSTING but I didn´t know in which Thread it is better to post that...:confused2:

Hi Folks!!!

First sorry for my bad English, I´m German and I will try it...
I´m an absolutely Newbie at XBMC and I´ve got some problems to get it work, but at first I have to say, that XBMC is an absolutely COOL and POWERFUL Media Center, better than anyone I tested, i. e. Media Portal or the internal MCE of XP...! GREAT STUFF!!!

The main Problem is my Hardware in order to play HD Video... I have the latest intel P4 (one core hyperthreading) CPU 3,2 GHz and I didn´t want to invest 500 Euros for new PC Equipement, so I decided to buy a Graphicscard with GPU Acceleration, it´s Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 3450 AGP 512MB GDDRII.
Anywhere I learned after the buy, that I need a player using hardwareacceleration otherwise I can´t play HD and so it is...
Only mpc-hc is the one and only player that plays my HD material without any bugs!
Since I heard, that the dsplayer uses dxva1 for XP, I wanted to try it out...
I installed the latest dsbuild here from the forum...
BUT it doesn´t work... I just get a black screen with audio, when I click the option "play with" If I change the videodec in the dsfilterconf.xml, i.e. coreavc, I get an occured error in "rendering the file", if I use ffdshowvideodec, I get a blackscreen with audio, also if I use mpcvideodec...
I´m so frustrated, because I first want to try dsplayer, because I heard so many good things and I can use the whole option from xbmc, i. e. change the videosize or the audio...
I stored the xml in the "userdata folder" under the local folders of Windows (right path)
Even when I don´t change Anything, I get no videoscreen...
Can somebody post here a dsfilterconf.xml that works well?!
By the way...
I Just want dsplayer to work ONLY on HD videofiles mkv, mov, ts, mp4... and open automatically if filetype is one of these...
I have already tried a advancedsettings.xml with rules for that from the wiki, but it doesn´t work, so would be fine, if anybody could help me there...!

The other way for me was, to built in mpc-hc player as an externalplayer...
That works so far...
Now, if I use the option "play with" and chose the mpc-hc, mpc-hc starts and play my video in fullscreen mode...
I have written a new playercorefactory.xml also stored in the Userdata and I tried out <args>{1} fullscreen/shutdown... So I wanted that mpc-hc quit automatically after playing the videofile...
The problem is, that I have little problems with the args "forceontop" and "hidexbmc" I don´t know when I have to set false or true...
Allthough I tried the rules for starting the mpc-hc automatically, when filetype is mkv,... etc.
I DIDN´T GET IT...
I NEED HELP!!!
My wish at least is this...:

1.I use xbmc
2.I play a video when it´s SD the normal dvdplayer should start
3.I play a HD video... MPC-HC should start in fullscreen automatically AND (!!!) if I press the "stopp" button or if the video has finished, MPC-HC should shutdown AND xbmc should AUTOMATICALLY be on top of the screen (now I get only the desktop and I have to use the "alt/tab" combi)
4.I use xbmc

WHICH CONTENT MUST HAVE THE PLAYERCOREFACTORY AT LEAST?!?
Please send me an exampel... or Help...
I tried out so many ways but I didn´t get a solution...

BUT the better way should be that the dsplayer will work and give me a videoscreen and of course the best way using completely GPU Acceleration just as MPC-HC does...

Please don´t tell me that I´m dreaming...
Thanks for SUPPORTING!!!
greets from Germany
Timo

Prehaps Seb or Tiben will help this time, but its not hard to figure which thread to post in:

Confirmed bug reports, or dev requests - post in this thread (dev thread)

How do I? or general help...post in the USERS support thread.

K

- liquidskin76 - 2010-04-14

blinkseb Wrote:For the subtitle font size, I think I'll need to tweak that, in deed. I need to find what conversion rule use dvdplayer and it's on Smile

Thanks mate! Looking forward to it... next build i hope!! Wink