Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- jwoolen - 2010-04-14

This is great! I can't wait to move back to WIN from my live box. I can finally use the hardware I wanted!

- ashgotti - 2010-04-14

I was so close to using this over MPC-HC! The sound/video has a slight studder every 2 seconds or so so I had to go back to MPC-HC.

I'm using a dual XEON 3.0 GHZ machine Sad

EDIT: I just noticed that you can use Coreavc with DSplayer. Going to try this as soon as I get home!

- zilexa - 2010-04-14

@ashgotti
@jwoolen
@all others not posting bug reports here... please use the correct topic for comments and questions...

Perhaps this topic should have a prefix [DEVELOPERS ONLY]
ofcourse people with bugreports are welcome but this way you'll at least scare away most non-bug-posting-people.

- tredman - 2010-04-14

ashgotti Wrote:I was so close to using this over MPC-HC! The sound/video has a slight studder every 2 seconds or so so I had to go back to MPC-HC.

I'm using a dual XEON 3.0 GHZ machine Sad

EDIT: I just noticed that you can use Coreavc with DSplayer. Going to try this as soon as I get home!

Check the user thread and comments on scaler....

- ashgotti - 2010-04-14

zilexa Wrote:@ashgotti
@jwoolen
@all others not posting bug reports here... please use the correct topic for comments and questions...

Perhaps this topic should have a prefix [DEVELOPERS ONLY]
ofcourse people with bugreports are welcome but this way you'll at least scare away most non-bug-posting-people.

Great, thanks for the help.

- ashgotti - 2010-04-15

tdw197 Wrote:Check the user thread and comments on scaler....

Well, no matter what I do, I get CPU usage of +97% and the ram usage is 500mb+ and I have to force quit it.

I tried mpc,ffdshow,coreavc and they all produced the same result...

playercorefactory - metaltimo - 2010-04-15

Hello,

thanks for Your Reply...

I wondered about myself... Sometimes shit happens!Big Grin

I got it with mpc-hc... not everything I wanted but a few things are done...:
MPC-HC starts NOT automatically if detected a HD File... I have to use the context menu "play with"...
BUT therefore mpc-hc starts playback in FULLSCREEN and when video is finished, mpc-hc closes itself automatically AND (!!!) XBMC comes back on top automatically!!! Between these two actons you can see the Desktop for half a second that doesn´t matter!!!Big Grin

I´m sooo happy!!! I had tried for a couple of nights...Big Grin

So the only things I can´t get, is the automatic playbackstart of mpc-hc if the following filetypes are being chosen: mkv, mov, ts, mp4, wmv.
It would be very cool, if somebody could give me the rulestructure for that...
The second is, can I close the mpc-hc by pressing the "stop" key?! Now I get a black screen (mpc-hc stays on top, when I press the "play" key again the film starts at the point of stop) only when the video is finished, the player closes... That would be fine!

So here is my "playercorefactory.xml" for MPC-HC...:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-HC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Programme\K-Lite Codec Pack\Media Player Classic\mpc-hc.exe</filename>
<args>/fullscreen /close</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rule video="true" player="dvdplayer">
<rule dvd="true" player="dvdplayer"/>
<rule dvdfile="true" player="dvdplayer"/>
<rule dvdimage="true" player="dvdplayer"/>
<rule video="true" filetypes="mkv|ts|mov|mp4|wmv" player="MPC-HC">
<rule filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rule>
</rule>
</playercorefactory>

At that, if I delete the 4 rule tags player="dvdplayer", mpc-hc is no longer in context menu...Huh
If Somebody have a solution for that... THANKS!!!

The next is following...

Second part... - metaltimo - 2010-04-15

http://pastebin.com/DUY2q05L

I have to say that I installed latest Version of K-Lite Codec Pack to get mpc-hc first, so ffdshow has been already installed on my System... I installed xbmc r29166 without ffdshow...
At the first time I installed xbmc, I installed it completely with ffd but it didn´t work too...

In the rule section of the dsfilterconf.xml I tried several codecs... coreavcvideodec (coreavc isn´t installed), ffddxvavideodec, ffdshowvideodec, mpcvideodec... I only tested on the filetypes named in my playercore... I need it just for HD.
Even I will get the dsplayer started... I also wish to have an automatic playback at chosen filetypes, for playing all the SD stuff, I want to use dvdplayer!

I KNOW IT IS SO MUCH BUT THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!
Greets
Timo

- Zodler - 2010-04-15

I have discovered something maybe strange. I have tried both these versions:
XBMCSetup-Rev29166-dx
xbmc-r28256-trunk

I get the feeling that the default internal player of 29166-dx gives better results than the trunk version. Especially in Lanczos rezise. Have you seen this? I was expecting that both give the same result. Huh

I am so stupid!!! - metaltimo - 2010-04-15

Big Grin

After tipping hours and hours these Texts, I should have read the instructions on the wiki again!!!

KNOCK ME OUT or whatever...Big Grin

I have just forgotten to write <rules action="prepend"> before writing the rules in the playercore...
There is a note in Germany... "Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil!"Big Grin

NOW EVERYTHING STARTS AUTOMATICALLY!!! If I klick a mkv, mov, ts file, mpc-hc starts up without using the contextmenu! Then stops the film and xbmc comes back on top!!!

FU..... GREAT!!!Laugh

So the only thing I need to know is the correct line for closing the player when pressing the "stop" key...!

Everything seems to be happy, but dsplayer still ain´t work...
I just want that player to try out!!!

Thanks for Your Support!
Timo

- metaltimo - 2010-04-15

Hi Zodler!

I have never used the trunk version, but the dx version is the better one because of the dxva gpu acceleration... needs less cpu power, that´s why I need the mpc-hc... The internal Player is a little bit too slow...

Greetz

- Zodler - 2010-04-15

There is a second issue that I wanted to add later but here it is. The DSPlayer is not fluid. It has small stutter or drop frames. So it is not usable for me. Only a trained eye can see it however and a casual viewer will not notice it. But it's there and it's annoying. No matter if I use ffdshow or the MPC with even an SD xvid, it is not as fluid as the internal player. No

- wolfram9999 - 2010-04-15

Apologies for having posted in the wrong thread originally. Just wanted to follow up, though. I did a complete os reinstall (went from win 7 64-bit back to x86) and reinstalled xbmc from the passion mirror (the one mentioned in my last post...sorry, I dint have the rev # in front of me right now). This time, I only had to change the renderer to dxva and now I am one of those people for whom everything "just works".

I dint know if the issue was with the 64-bit os (ugh, sooooooo many issues with codecs in 64-bit windows IMO) or the fact that I had previously installed a codec pack (shark---probably the real culprit) but again, with a fresh install and no codec packs, it all works great. I wonder how many other folks are having issues bc they are in codec hell as I was...

Possible [BUG] using FFDShow and DVDNavigator - zilexa - 2010-04-15

Blinkseb and/or Tiben20, could you take a look at this post, the second one and the response?

Maybe a bug: ffdvideodec is not working when dvdnavigator is the source and splitter filter.

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-15

metaltimo Wrote:Big Grin

After tipping hours and hours these Texts, I should have read the instructions on the wiki again!!!

KNOCK ME OUT or whatever...Big Grin

I have just forgotten to write <rules action="prepend"> before writing the rules in the playercore...
There is a note in Germany... "Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil!"Big Grin

NOW EVERYTHING STARTS AUTOMATICALLY!!! If I klick a mkv, mov, ts file, mpc-hc starts up without using the contextmenu! Then stops the film and xbmc comes back on top!!!

FU..... GREAT!!!Laugh

So the only thing I need to know is the correct line for closing the player when pressing the "stop" key...!

Everything seems to be happy, but dsplayer still ain´t work...
I just want that player to try out!!!

Thanks for Your Support!
Timo

Go into mpc-hc, View\Options\Keys\Exit and change App Command to MEDIA_STOP. Don't worry that the command is already pinned to the 'stop' command, they can work together. I am assuming that you are using either an mce remote. or similar.

Oh and for future postings please do not post filter configs or logs directly to your posts - if required copy to pastebin or a similar site and provide a link in your post - just keeps things a bit tidier and easier to read/follw.

Thanks