Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

Haali Splitter - metaltimo - 2010-04-21

Hello
@liquidskin:
MPC HC uses only its internal filters... I solved the problem with the audiochange in dsplayer, I need to have set ac3filter in dsfilterconf...

@seb:
It was at first a good tip, I looked up the graph at playing an mkv with mpc-hc and I saw that Haalisplitter is in use... And mpcvidedec...
I added the Haalisplitter in dsfilterconf with right path and guid and put it instead of mkvsplitter in the mkv rule.
At least no video is gonna be played!Stare:mad: f*** off

I don´t understand anything more...
Can You give me a right example for the dsfilterconf?! With right implementation of Haali Media Splitter?
I´ve done it like this...:

<filter name="haalisplitter" type="splitter">
<path>C:\Programme\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax</path>
<guid>{55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}</guid>
<osdname>Haali Media Splitter</osdname>
</filter>

and the rule...:

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="haalisplitter" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
</video>
<audio filter="ac3filter" />
<!--<extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>-->
</rule>

What is wrong with it?!
Thanks, I´m at the END defenetely!!!
Greez

- Nedder - 2010-04-21

29334 broke the scrapers for video. I tested on 2 machines that both had working scraper in the previous build (29166) and for both the list of scrapers is empty now in options. The files appear to be in the /system/scrapers/ folder.

.mov trailers have sound in this build unlike 29166.

Playback of a .ts file with h264 video is still odd. In previous builds it raced along at 35fps rather than the 24 it should run at. In this build it plays back at 30fps instead. I'm not using the adjust refresh to display or sync playback to display options.

- tiben20 - 2010-04-21

metaltimo Wrote:Hello
@liquidskin:
MPC HC uses only its internal filters... I solved the problem with the audiochange in dsplayer, I need to have set ac3filter in dsfilterconf...

@seb:
It was at first a good tip, I looked up the graph at playing an mkv with mpc-hc and I saw that Haalisplitter is in use... And mpcvidedec...
I added the Haalisplitter in dsfilterconf with right path and guid and put it instead of mkvsplitter in the mkv rule.
At least no video is gonna be played!Stare:mad: f*** off

I don´t understand anything more...
Can You give me a right example for the dsfilterconf?! With right implementation of Haali Media Splitter?
I´ve done it like this...:

<filter name="haalisplitter" type="splitter">
<path>C:\Programme\Haali\MatroskaSplitter\splitter.ax</path>
<guid>{55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}</guid>
<osdname>Haali Media Splitter</osdname>
</filter>

and the rule...:

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="haalisplitter" />
<video>
</video>
<!--<extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>-->
</rule>

What is wrong with it?!
Thanks, I´m at the END defenetely!!!
Greez
Well sorry for saying that but you wasted your time if you installed haali you only need to modify the rulez. I added the more filters possible already in the dsfilterconfig.xml
its the filter starting like this
<filter name="haali" type="source">
Also if your just too lazy too read the line 3
<!-- You dont need a path if your filter is registered -->
Installing haalli is registering the filter so bottom line you wasted your time because you didnt read.
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="haali" />
      <splitter filter="haali" />
      <video>
      </video>
    </rule>
Thats all its going to work if you just have this for the mkv rule. Remember to install ac3filter and also haali or register them manually. Without putting the path since you dont need it.

Sourcefilter - metaltimo - 2010-04-21

Sorry Tiben...

I´m not quite good with these things....
I thought I must search at splitter filters, but Your filterset for haali is a sourcefilter... And I didn´t know that I can change the sourcefilter for i. e. mkv (mkvsource) to haalisource...

Okay, I have done it Your way and changed the rule for mkv as You have given it to me...
Super, the video is been played, BUT the stairy lines are still there!!! It´s really awesome!
I tried to change the scaling method, no result, I turned the display refreshrate mode on and off, no result!
The dsplayer is now doing the same mpc-hc does, but it ain´t still work.
Is it my screenresolution itself?! I use 1216x684 @60Hz. because 1280x720 has too much overscan...

Thanks for all!
Greez

Scraper - metaltimo - 2010-04-21

Nedder is right!

Where are the scrapers?! I miss my covers for the movies...!

Thanks!

- tiben20 - 2010-04-21

metaltimo Wrote:Nedder is right!

Where are the scrapers?! I miss my covers for the movies...!

Thanks!
no he is not. Like you he didnt read. If you read the first post of the thread
Quote:We are currently trying to keep the branch the closest to the trunk so please dont post bug related with the trunk of xbmc, only the bugs from the player itself. Please also take the time to understand how the dsfilterconfig.xml file works. All non constructive posts will be deleted.
Trunk problem not a dsplayer problem

metaltimo Wrote:Sorry Tiben...

I´m not quite good with these things....
I thought I must search at splitter filters, but Your filterset for haali is a sourcefilter... And I didn´t know that I can change the sourcefilter for i. e. mkv (mkvsource) to haalisource...

Okay, I have done it Your way and changed the rule for mkv as You have given it to me...
Super, the video is been played, BUT the stairy lines are still there!!! It´s really awesome!
I tried to change the scaling method, no result, I turned the display refreshrate mode on and off, no result!
The dsplayer is now doing the same mpc-hc does, but it ain´t still work.
Is it my screenresolution itself?! I use 1216x684 @60Hz. because 1280x720 has too much overscan...

Thanks for all!
Greez
Haali is a splitter and a source filter at the same time

- thejohnny - 2010-04-21

I have a quick question about dsPlayer... is dvd playback planned for it? or XBMC will always use dvdplayer for dvds?

- tiben20 - 2010-04-21

thejohnny Wrote:I have a quick question about dsPlayer... is dvd playback planned for it? or XBMC will always use dvdplayer for dvds?
They are partially working work now. But spending time on getting it working is not really worth it. Dvdplayer is using libdvdnav which is like 10 times better than the directshow dvd playback.

- zilexa - 2010-04-21

uhmm but using DSPlayer as default for DVD playback, you can easily choose a dvd video decoder like Cyberlink Powerdvd decoder, wich has DXVA support for dvd playback.
Can't do that with the standard xbmc dvdplayer Smile

Still TEARING on R29334! - therealjoeblow - 2010-04-21

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TIBEN - can you *please* revert the renderer back to what iw was in 28016 and earlier?

The tearing on WinXP has made this unusable since and I don't get the sense that there's any urgency to fixing it. I hate to be coarse here, but I finally got around to giving the latest build a try on my main rig, thinking that maybe the laptop I've been testing dsplayer on just wasn't up to snuff, but my main rig suffers from horrendous tearing too.

For the record - specs are:

WinXP x86 SP3
ATI Radeon HD3200 (onboard 780G chipset)
Catalyst 9.10

I don't have *any* tearing whatsoever with 28016 or earlier, but *every* build since then has had this problem. So can you PLEASE either revert the renderer, *OR* can you give us the plain old OVERLAY mixer as an alternative? I have no idea why people insist on using VMR9 - it's shit and has no benefit over Overlay, since overlay can do DXVA and subs too and overlay *never* has issues with tearing.

PleaseHuh

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- blinkseb - 2010-04-21

therealjoeblow Wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TIBEN - can you *please* revert the renderer back to what iw was in 28016 and earlier?

The tearing on WinXP has made this unusable since and I don't get the sense that there's any urgency to fixing it. I hate to be coarse here, but I finally got around to giving the latest build a try on my main rig, thinking that maybe the laptop I've been testing dsplayer on just wasn't up to snuff, but my main rig suffers from horrendous tearing too.

For the record - specs are:

WinXP x86 SP3
ATI Radeon HD3200 (onboard 780G chipset)
Catalyst 9.10

I don't have *any* tearing whatsoever with 28016 or earlier, but *every* build since then has had this problem. So can you PLEASE either revert the renderer, *OR* can you give us the plain old OVERLAY mixer as an alternative? I have no idea why people insist on using VMR9 - it's shit and has no benefit over Overlay, since overlay can do DXVA and subs too and overlay *never* has issues with tearing.

PleaseHuh

Cheers
The REAL Joe

It's totally impossible to do, too much things have been done since! And tearing is really hard to solve since tiben & I have no tearing at all.

Can you test with mpc with the same graph if you have tearing? Can you tweak the GPU settings (View, Renderer Settigns, GPU Control). If you have no tearing, can you tell us EXACTLY what settings you have in mpc ? (GPU Control, VSync), and (would be soo nice!) what settings you need to enable to get rid of tearing?

- zilexa - 2010-04-21

I have the same on my htpc.... annoying tearing... but also with dvdplayer and MPC-HC...
on WinXP SP3, Ati HD 3200/780G. Never knew what I could do against it. I blame 780G chipset, its much praised but has a lot of flaws.

Tearing - metaltimo - 2010-04-21

A silly question...

what is tearing?! Probably I just only know the german word...
How can You describe Tearing in a playing video? Probably it is the same thing/problem I have with my videos... (I called it stairy lines because I don´t know how to describe...)
If an elder version of dsplayer should be better, I would give it another chance!

Sorry, but sometime it is very difficuilt to describe such technical things in english, I hope my english is not too bad...Big Grin

THANKS!

- zilexa - 2010-04-21

Here is an example of tearing. Found it via internet, its a game but same thing. It's when the screen 'image' isn't rendered (or whatever you call it) fast enough, you get lines as if the picture is cut.

As far as I understand, VSync or Vertical Synchronisation will prevent any form of tearing, but will take slightly longer for the image to build, so maybe this could cause audio delay when not applied correctly.
I didn't try this option in XBMC yet.

Also I read about people that change the refresh rate (Hz) to the exact frame rate of the video they are currently watching. It is suppose to be a (better?) solution. But that seems a VERY dumb thing to do for me, since video frame rate is VERY low compared to your screens frame rate (60Hz or higher). Any lower might cause headache/flickering screen. But I am not an expert on this part, might be wrong here.

Tearing - metaltimo - 2010-04-22

OH Master!!!Big Grin

Thanks for the example!!! That is what I mean! All my videos played with dsplayer have these tearings! HD videos more and more clearly than SD videos...
Sometimes under each other so it looks like little bit a stair... (stairy lines)Big Grin

So, when You say, that version 28016 has no tearing, I just want it to test!!!
Please can You give me the link, where I can download this old version?!

Thanks a lot!!!
Timo