Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- johoja - 2009-12-01

Montellese Wrote:What is the minimum graphics card requirements to be able to use DXVA?
I only have an ATI Radeon HD3470 (128 MB) in my Laptop running Win7 32bit and an ATI Radeon HD3450 (512 MB) in my dev machine running WinXP 32bit and as far as I know these only support UVD+. Would this be enough to be able to use and help developing this "project"?

I have coded in C++ for a few years (nothing big mostly personal projects using Qt) but my partial work as an embedded software developer (e.g. on an ARM7 uC) required me to code in plain old C (and Assembler if it was really needed). Haven't used both programming languages in a while now as I started to get to know C# and I'm currently doing some work on UMM (Universal Media Manager) but I think that I still know how it works Wink

Let me know whether my graphics cards meet the requirements to help you out a bit. If not it might be the right time to look for a newer graphics card (quite hard if you are looking for a passively cooled one which isn't too big).

Both of those should be able to work, you can make sure its up and running by trying MPC-HC first and get DXVA working using that..

Or just try tiben's build.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-01

http://www.easy-share.com/1908579744/XBMCSetup-Rev25129-dx.exe
the build request supporting resume

- Mallet21 - 2009-12-01

Montellese Wrote:What is the minimum graphics card requirements to be able to use DXVA?
I only have an ATI Radeon HD3470 (128 MB) in my Laptop running Win7 32bit and an ATI Radeon HD3450 (512 MB) in my dev machine running WinXP 32bit and as far as I know these only support UVD+. Would this be enough to be able to use and help developing this "project"?

I've got an HD3450 working very well with DXVA in MPC-HC

- xbs08 - 2009-12-01

tiben20 Wrote:http://www.easy-share.com/1908579744/XBMCSetup-Rev25129-dx.exe
the build request supporting resume

Thanks tiben20, this is most welcome.

- tvwatcher - 2009-12-01

I have mpchc running perfect with coreavc with a single core revo, hardware accellerated. I got the beta xbmc from this thread, but cant get it to play hd without stuttering, do i need the dvxa codec, or is it included in the xbmc build? I'm playing videos thru samba on wired ethernet. sorrry I'm a noob.. any help appreciated.

- paco - 2009-12-01

tvwatcher Wrote:I'm playing videos thru samba on wired ethernet. sorrry I'm a noob.. any help appreciated.

DSPlayer at the moment doesn't support SMB (Samba). You could map a drive-letter to your Samba share to allow DSPlayer to see the files as 'local ' (right-click network and select 'Map Network Drive' or use a NET USE command).

From what I've seen in the logs, XBMC uses unix-style paths (/) as opposed to DOS-style (\). Before launching the External player, XBMC changes the source SMB path to use (\), thus allowing MPC-HC to work correctly. If DSPlayer did the same, I imagine SMB would work without drive-letter mappings.

I hope you enjoy your sabbatical tiben20! You've been at this project like crazy for the past little while and you deserve a break.

- johoja - 2009-12-01

tvwatcher Wrote:I have mpchc running perfect with coreavc with a single core revo, hardware accellerated. I got the beta xbmc from this thread, but cant get it to play hd without stuttering, do i need the dvxa codec, or is it included in the xbmc build? I'm playing videos thru samba on wired ethernet. sorrry I'm a noob.. any help appreciated.

Sounds like your stilll using dvdplayer...try using the Play Using : Dsplayer option.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-01

At least i got some people doing a good job with user support for my player thats nice. Tongue

- tiben20 - 2009-12-01

Fixed smb bug and the player dont start if the filters are not inserted correctly Tongue
I know i said i was going to take a break but i wanted to use those functionality during my break Tongue
http://www.easy-share.com/1908581625/XBMCSetup-Rev25142-dx.exe

- gfjardim - 2009-12-01

tiben20, I've bought a GeForce 210 to work with a Sempron processor that I already had, but Linux ALSA doesn't support the embedded audio adapter, so I'm stuck to Windows.

Your player is a nice option to my case, but the lack of subtitle support is a non go for me. I would suggest that you give more attention to the subtitles, as it can benefit more from non English natives.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for bothering.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-01

gfjardim Wrote:tiben20, I've bought a GeForce 210 to work with a Sempron processor that I already had, but Linux ALSA doesn't support the embedded audio adapter, so I'm stuck to Windows.

Your player is a nice option to my case, but the lack of subtitle support is a non go for me. I would suggest that you give more attention to the subtitles, as it can benefit more from non English natives.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for bothering.

Just to let you know i already looked into subtitles and i got someone who also tryed to incorporate them. It sound easier than it is actually

- tvwatcher - 2009-12-01

fixed smb bug, so if I get that version my problem should be solved? for streaming thru the network? Do I need to get a codec or is the codec included in the build of xbmc?

- tiben20 - 2009-12-01

tvwatcher Wrote:fixed smb bug, so if I get that version my problem should be solved? for streaming thru the network? Do I need to get a codec or is the codec included in the build of xbmc?
No if you read the first post you will see everything is built-in

- blei2k - 2009-12-01

thank you tiben, nice job!

hope that audio track selection is working soon. Wink

dsplayer also works fine with coreavc and cuda support

copy coreavcdecoder.ax to xbmc\system\players\dsplayer

edit dsfilterconfig.xml

Code:
<dsfilterconfig>
  <filters>

<!-- Sources -->
    <filter name="wmasfreader" type="source">
      <guid>{187463A0-5BB7-11D3-ACBE-0080C75E246E}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="avisource" type="source">
      <path>AviSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{CEA8DEFF-0AF7-4DB9-9A38-FB3C3AEFC0DE}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="flvsource" type="source">
      <path>FLVSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{C9ECE7B3-1D8E-41F5-9F24-B255DF16C087}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mp4source" type="source">
      <path>MP4Splitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{3CCC052E-BDEE-408A-BEA7-90914EF2964B}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mkvsource" type="source">
      <path>MatroskaSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{0A68C3B5-9164-4A54-AFAF-995B2FF0E0D4}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mpegsource" type="source">
      <path>MpegSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}</guid>
    </filter>

<!-- splitters -->
    <filter name="avisplitter" type="splitter">
      <path>AviSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{9736D831-9D6C-4E72-B6E7-560EF9181001}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="flvsplitter" type="splitter">
      <path>FLVSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{47E792CF-0BBE-4F7A-859C-194B0768650A}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mp4splitter" type="splitter">
      <path>MP4Splitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{61F47056-E400-43D3-AF1E-AB7DFFD4C4AD}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mkvsplitter" type="splitter">
      <path>MatroskaSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{149D2E01-C32E-4939-80F6-C07B81015A7A}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mpegsplitter" type="splitter">
      <path>MpegSplitter.ax</path>
      <guid>{DC257063-045F-4BE2-BD5B-E12279C464F0}</guid>
    </filter>

<!-- Video decoders-->
    <filter name="mpcvideodec" type="videodec">
      <path>MPCVideoDec.ax</path>
      <guid>{008BAC12-FBAF-497B-9670-BC6F6FBAE2C4}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="ffdvideodec" type="videodec">
      <path>ffdshow.ax</path>
      <guid>{04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="mpeg2videodec" type="videodec">
      <path>Mpeg2DecFilter.ax</path>
      <guid>{39F498AF-1A09-4275-B193-673B0BA3D478}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="coreavcdecoder" type="videodec">
      <path>CoreAVCDecoder.ax</path>
      <guid>{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}</guid>
    </filter>

<!-- Audio decoders-->
    <filter name="mpaaudiodec" type="audiodec">
      <path>MpaDecFilter.ax</path>
      <guid>{3D446B6F-71DE-4437-BE15-8CE47174340F}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="ffdaudiodec" type="audiodec">
      <path>ffdshow.ax</path>
      <guid>{0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}</guid>
    </filter>
    <filter name="wmaudiodecoder" type="audiodec">
      <guid>{94297043-BD82-4DFD-B0DE-8177739C6D20}</guid>
    </filter>

<!-- Video renderers-->
    <!--<filter><filter/>-->
    <!-- Audio renderers-->
    <!--<filter><filter/>-->
  </filters>
  <rules>
    <!-- Still need to add the renderers -->
    <!-- TODO  .mpg .m2ts -->
    <rule filetypes="avi" source="avisource" splitter="avisplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
    <rule filetypes="flv" source="flvsource" splitter="flvsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="mp4" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
    <rule filetypes="mov" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
    <rule filetypes="m4v" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
    <rule filetypes="m2v" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="mpeg2videodec" audiodec="ffdaudiodec"/>
    <rule filetypes="ts" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="mpeg2videodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
    <rule filetypes="mpeg" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
    <rule filetypes="mpg" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
    <rule filetypes="m2ts" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="coreavcdecoder" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="coreavcdecoder" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="wmv" source="wmasfreader" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="wmaudiodecoder"/>
  </rules>
  <config>

</config>
</dsfilterconfig>

- johoja - 2009-12-01

I've been trying to add *.wtv file support, but it seems to be a bit harder than i thought....it renders fine in graphstudio, using the streambuffersource, pbda dtfilter, mpeg2 decoder, audio decoder, filters...

I can get it to add the streambuffersource via, the dsplayerconfig.xml, and can add the pbda dtfilter by modfying the source the source code a bit, but can only get it to render the video ...doesn't connect the audio pins...anyone got any ideas...?