Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- blinkseb - 2010-04-22

oldpainless Wrote:Seb...why are you looking at this thread 9:45?!

FFS!, it's your birthday dude....go out, have a meal, get a girl, get pissed.....have good time man.

K

It's 11:15 here, and my girlfriend is already sleeping, so, I'll spend some time in bug fixe and next have some free time to watch tv (have lots of stargate atlantis that need to be watched :p)

- blinkseb - 2010-04-22

dondre Wrote:Thank you so much blinkseb you made my day... I was busy compiling it myself with Visual C++ 2010 Express who is totally different and...

Anyway, thanks,

And as a feedback to all, the scrappers problem that some (like me) were experiencing with the before last release are solved!

You shouldn't have any problems building dsplayer with vs2010 with last revision, 'cause it's what i'm using every day Wink

- zilexa - 2010-04-22

Its busy here tonight. Could you perhaps check my previous post? Updated with debuglogs.
2 unrelated issues here: the option "adjust display rate to match video" gives my white screen. It seems I need this option to prevent tearing.

second issue: mkv/dxva files dont play anymore, get black background in XBMC gui.
I installed cyberlink decoder and latest dsplayer build...
Just tried MPC-HC, using DXVA, the movie is not playing (the counter stays at 00:00:00). Using ffmpeg it does play. Using Cyberlink it also plays! First thought a dxva/videocard issue, but cyberlink is working (in MPC HC).

weeeeird! trying pc restart now.

EDIT!
The restart worked! DXVA is working in mpc-hc again.
Now back to XBMC: I play the same mkv file as my earlier post+log, now it does start to play because I also get the white screen+audio, just like avi files. BTW everything plays fine both mkv and avi when I disable "adjust display rate to match video", but I do get lots of tearing...

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-23

zilexa Wrote:Its busy here tonight. Could you perhaps check my previous post? Updated with debuglogs.
2 unrelated issues here: the option "adjust display rate to match video" gives my white screen. It seems I need this option to prevent tearing.

second issue: mkv/dxva files dont play anymore, get black background in XBMC gui.
I installed cyberlink decoder and latest dsplayer build...
Just tried MPC-HC, using DVXVA, the movie is not playing (the counter stays at 00:00:00). Using ffmpeg it does play. Using Cyberlink it also plays! First thought a dxva/videocard issue, but cyberlink is working (in MPC HC).

weeeeird! trying pc restart now.

EDIT!
The restart worked! DXVA is working in mpc-hc again.
Now back to XBMC: I play the same mkv file as my earlier post+log, now it does start to play because I also get the white screen+audio, just like avi files. Everything plays fine when I disable "adjust display rate to match video", but I do get lots of tearing...

Apart from all this I had trouble getting cyberlink decoder to work for dvd but thats because "dvd navigator" causes issues. Will play more with that.
Can't provide an awful lot of insight into either of your problems other than to say that as far as I know the "adjust display rate to match video" is totally broken in all builds and for all os configs, therefore that won't help your tearing issue.

When I was running a win7x86 build with ATI HD4670 gfx in ATI CCC I had the dafult setting in xbmc and Always on in CCC - not sure from your previous post whether you had already tried that combo - but it certainly worked for me.

- zilexa - 2010-04-23

just to be clear my second issue was fixed after a restart. All thats left is tearing issue.

In MPC-HC I thought there was tearing, but I am trying mkv, avi and no tearing Smile
So only in XBMC. Already tried Always On... unsuccessful. But thanks for the info about the broken option. If its not a dsplayer issue than I hope it will be fixed for the 10.05 xbmc release.
Edit: Always On gives me bit less tearing in XBMC.

Tearing - metaltimo - 2010-04-23

Hello Zilexa!
It was just a good tip with the older version of dsplayer build!
I really was getting rid of it all, but then I gave the 28016 a try... And what was this for my surprise?!
After some changings in the dsfilterconf EVERY HD Movie is fluid and has NO tearing at all!!!
Have done with mov, mkv, ts, mp4... It´s GREAT!!!Big Grin

But anyway I always have trouble with my MPEGs... Is as worst as can be... Because I have so many different mpg and mpeg files, all done with different software... some are made directly by reelbox, here only yacota mpegs are played, ps cause trouble anyway with dvd AND dsplayer, some are made with dvr-studio from .rec files (Topfield receiver) and others are recorded with a hardware encoder mpeg capture card... Some with AC3, some without...
dvdplayer plays all of them even the rec files themselves except the ps made mpegs from reelbox.
dsplayer causes trouble on some, so I will decide to write a new advancedsettings, that only HD Files should be played with dsplayer...
I. E. wmv... I changed nothing about the setting wmv in the dsfilterconf and every time I want to play a wmv file by dsplayer, an error is displayed says "ending .wmv isn´t declared in dsfilterconf"!
I Don´t understand that!
Also I wish to integrate Cyberlink DVDNavigator to the config, but everything is typed in the config like in the latest build, but the same error is displayed... "ending .ifo is not declared..." What the hell is that?!

NOW after burning out several nights sitting in front of my PC absolutly gone mad, I solved finally the tearing problem and now coming new problems...
Actually several times XBMC crashes completely when stopping a HD file or what ever...
My head is one minute before exploding...
It´s some kind of wonder that my PC is still standing in Livingroom and not laying outdoor under my livingroom window...Big Grin

Thanks!

And of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY to BLINKSEB!!! Cheers!

- liquidskin76 - 2010-04-23

@tiben
@seb

Have you guys heard any news on how the trunk merge is going? Do the xbmc gang have a rough eta on completion?

Cheers as always, and thanks for the latest build!

- dondre - 2010-04-23

Also, for x64 users, I have WAY better results using ffdshow-tryouts x64 Smile

Works like a charm with seb's latest build 29433!

Also, seb, if you're in here by chance, could you tell me if you use dedicated sourcecode for the DX version or the regular sourceforge SVN with the trunk ?

Can't wait to try 29452 today Smile Cheers!

- blinkseb - 2010-04-23

dondre Wrote:Also, for x64 users, I have WAY better results using ffdshow-tryouts x64 Smile

Works like a charm with seb's latest build 29433!

Also, seb, if you're in here by chance, could you tell me if you use dedicated sourcecode for the DX version or the regular sourceforge SVN with the trunk ?

Can't wait to try 29452 today Smile Cheers!

Not sure what you mean! We use the regular trunk base for dsplayer, with, of course, dsplayer code. There's also some internal change to the trunk code, that's why it's hard to merge Smile

- dondre - 2010-04-23

Understood, perhaps my expression skills are a bit rubbish after a 12 hours shift I need to get some rest ah ah! Anyway, perhaps you could answer a simple question that still fuses all over my minds;

What difference does it make to use the regular XBMC trunk vs the DX in-house version, both are using ffdshow filtering right? I think I'm missing something, merci... Wink

- blinkseb - 2010-04-23

dondre Wrote:Understood, perhaps my expression skills are a bit rubbish after a 12 hours shift I need to get some rest ah ah! Anyway, perhaps you could answer a simple question that still fuses all over my minds;

What difference does it make to use the regular XBOX trunk vs the DX in-house version, both are using ffdshow filtering right? I think I'm missing something, merci... Wink

Well, the xbox trunk isn't here anymore (dedicated project)! There's no distinction between directx, opengl, win, linux or macos in the trunk. All differences appear on build. We release only the directx build because directshow works only when used with directx (i've seem some code using opengl, but it's really bad), that's all.

And not sure why you talked about ffdshow. DSPlayer isn't based on ffdshow in any way. You can use ffdshow as a codec but that's all. However, dvdplayer is based on ffmpeg, and ffdshow use ffmpeg too, but it's not directly related Smile

- hsinchu308 - 2010-04-23

Hi,

I checked out the source code for version 29443, using TortoiseSVN, at https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/dsplayer/, installed VC++ 2010 Express, and tried to compile the Debug (DirectX)/Win32 version, but the compile failed (48 succeeded, 8 failed), saying that file ...\Subtitles\common.props was not found. Does anyone else have this problem, or know the solution? Thanks.

- blinkseb - 2010-04-23

hsinchu308 Wrote:Hi,

I checked out the source code for version 29443, using TortoiseSVN, at https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xbmc/branches/dsplayer/, installed VC++ 2010 Express, and tried to compile the Debug (DirectX)/Win32 version, but the compile failed (48 succeeded, 8 failed), saying that file ...\Subtitles\common.props was not found. Does anyone else have this problem, or know the solution? Thanks.

Thanks, fixed in last commit

- dondre - 2010-04-23

blinkseb Wrote:Well, the xbox trunk isn't here anymore (dedicated project)! There's no distinction between directx, opengl, win, linux or macos in the trunk. All differences appear on build. We release only the directx build because directshow works only when used with directx (i've seem some code using opengl, but it's really bad), that's all.

And not sure why you talked about ffdshow. DSPlayer isn't based on ffdshow in any way. You can use ffdshow as a codec but that's all. However, dvdplayer is based on ffmpeg, and ffdshow use ffmpeg too, but it's not directly related Smile

Thank you so much blinkseb, your constructive answer helps a lot and I'm already sorry about the "XBOX" thing it was a typo, instead of XBMC (old habit since the old XBOX first days I guess),

Perhaps you could help me to answer the biggest question I'm wondering. Running a dx version of XBMC (DSPlayer in the menu but not activated by default) based on the latest trunk, with DXVA2 option set and an average 0.7% CPU usage at 1920x1080 @ 24.00 fullscreen 48.00HZ, what is used to display the video content is it still the in-house DVDPlayer or have you switched to something different ? Does it make use of the ffdshow-tryouts x64 that I've used and is there any interest at all to try to use a x64 filter or am I missing something vital to my knowledge ?

Thanks a lot for your concern already Smile

- blinkseb - 2010-04-23

dondre Wrote:Thank you so much blinkseb, your constructive answer helps a lot and I'm already sorry about the "XBOX" thing it was a type instead of XBMC (old habit since the old XBOX first days I guess),

Perhaps you could help me to answer the biggest question I'm wondering. Running a dx version of XBMC (DSPlayer in the menu but not activated by default) based on the latest trunk, with DXVA2 option set and an average 0.7% CPU usage at 1920x1080 @ 24.00 fullscreen 48.00HZ, what is used to display the video content is it still the in-house DVDPlayer or have you switched to something different ? Does it make use of the ffdshow-tryouts x64 that I've used and is there any interest at all to try to use a x64 filter or am I missing something vital to my knowledge ?

Thanks a lot for your concern already Smile

You have the choice between two players : the standard dvdplayer (unchanged) which has now dxva decoding capatibilities, and dsplayer, based on directshow. DVDPlayer uses ffmpeg for decoding, where as dsplayer use any filters you want to use. If you don't run dsplayer, then you use dvdplayer (you can check with the "o" key). The DXVA option in the GUI is ONLY fo dvdplayer, dsplayer doesn't use it.

If you use dvdplayer, you don't use ffdshow at all. Moreover, the x64 filters are not used by dsplayer since xbmc is a 32bit build, so I guess you've installed it for nothing Smile However, you can use ffdshow x86 with dsplayer, it will work!