Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- dondre - 2010-04-23

Thanks! Yet, even after reading & re-reading all the wikis, I'm left with one single question...

Since I use your yesterday birthday's release based on rev29433, again, I have a perfect average 0.7% CPU usage at 1920x1080 @ 24.00 fullscreen 48.00HZ which is brilliant.

I wonder, what advantage moreover can we (I) take from activating, say DSPlayer (manually add the 4 principal filters to use) VS the actual DVDPlayer/DXVA2 based solution we (I) have or moreover other MPC-HD ideology?

Thanks again and two thumbs up as usually..

- blinkseb - 2010-04-23

dondre Wrote:Thanks! Yet, even after reading & re-reading all the wikis, I'm left with one single question...

Since I use your yesterday birthday's release based on rev29433, again, I have a perfect average 0.7% CPU usage at 1920x1080 @ 24.00 fullscreen 48.00HZ which is brilliant.

I wonder, what advantage moreover can we (I) take from activating, say DSPlayer (manually add the 4 principal filters to use) VS the actual DVDPlayer/DXVA2 based solution we (I) have or moreover other MPC-HD ideology?

Thanks again and two thumbs up as usually..

Best argument in dsplayer favor is picture quality & customization. You can read every file you want as soon as there's a filter able to handle it. You can also add filter processing with ffdshow, etc...

As a sumary :
  • dvdplayer: ffmpeg decoding, you click, it plays
  • dsplayer: directshow decoding, you need filters which do the job

- dondre - 2010-04-23

PERFECT thanks so much again Smile Fear enough, now all makes sense to me. I guess I'll try right away some experimentations with DSPlayer activated on a fresh installation and adding one by one the filters & see for myself...

If I may abuse of your kindness... And with the thread's topic in mind not willing to get off-topic too much... Do you have any idea why the frame rate is not stable when playing a video (say NTSC 23.976) and switches between as low as 23 up to 25FPS (in O option) which reflects directly on the display frequency who also switches from 47HZ to 48.xxHZ is this a normal behavior that you're experiencing like it's a normal behavior that it switches or should it (in an ideal situation) be stable and NEVER moves...

Again sorry but I sailed all the forum without finding anything relevant to this Smile

- oldpainless - 2010-04-23

dondre Wrote:PERFECT thanks so much again Smile Fear enough, now all makes sense to me. I guess I'll try right away some experimentations with DSPlayer activated on a fresh installation and adding one by one the filters & see for myself...

If I may abuse of your kindness... And with the thread's topic in mind not willing to get off-topic too much... Do you have any idea why the frame rate is not stable when playing a video (say NTSC 23.976) and switches between as low as 23 up to 25FPS (in O option) which reflects directly on the display frequency who also switches from 47HZ to 48.xxHZ is this a normal behavior that you're experiencing like it's a normal behavior that it switches or should it (in an ideal situation) be stable and NEVER moves...

Again sorry but I sailed all the forum without finding anything relevant to this Smile

Not sure what OS you are running...but the FPS issue has been reported many, many times.

I guess the logical thing to do is - rule out the OS?, what the ref-frames of the file are?, hardware - like GFX card etc?, or, if it's a main trunk issue?

So, to start the process of elimination - what’s your hardware and OS spec?...does the same thing happen with the native dvdplayer?...have you tried it with MPC?...

It does take a little work to narrow down the potential cause of the issue....and....as I have found tonight....portable or normal install.

Just my 2cents.

K

- blinkseb - 2010-04-23

dondre Wrote:PERFECT thanks so much again Smile Fear enough, now all makes sense to me. I guess I'll try right away some experimentations with DSPlayer activated on a fresh installation and adding one by one the filters & see for myself...

It's alright to have fps change during playback. There's always (for a reason or another) frames which are late, so we need to correct that. Also, the "sleep" method isn't millisecond-accurate : there's always the need to correct framerate to keep vid & audio sync!

On my computer, with lastest release, I've very few variation of fps (25 fps -> 24.8 / 25.2)

- PantsOnFire - 2010-04-23

the latest build (rev 29443), has no option to add Last.FM as a music source...

Am I able to add it myself somehow, or do I need a different build?

thx

- kimp93 - 2010-04-24

kimp93 Wrote:Thanks for quick response.
You can find couple of subtitles that I uploaded before.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6285

sample.smi - I made this to be self explanatory. (color, font, even multi language subtitle), just English

real-world_single_color_custum_class.smi - some color tags with korean encoding

I just want to note that multi-language subtitle in a single smi file is supported by dvdplayer but not in mpc-hc. I would not worry at this stage.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8798

@blinkseb

Would you test these subtitles again? they were displayed properly previously. With the 29443 (possibly other recent versions), I can not make them displayed. I could not find any obvious errors in debug log.

- dondre - 2010-04-24

oldpainless Wrote:Not sure what OS you are running...but the FPS issue has been reported many, many times.

I guess the logical thing to do is - rule out the OS?, what the ref-frames of the file are?, hardware - like GFX card etc?, or, if it's a main trunk issue?

So, to start the process of elimination - what’s your hardware and OS spec?...does the same thing happen with the native dvdplayer?...have you tried it with MPC?...

It does take a little work to narrow down the potential cause of the issue....and....as I have found tonight....portable or normal install.

Just my 2cents.

K

Hi, thanks for your experience contribution, well I am using a rev29443 build with the in-house DVDPlayer using DXVA2 with an nvidia VP type B VGA all this under W7 X64 and I've tryied every possible combinations with or without vertical blank sync, video sync on video with audio dupe/drop, resampling or audio based & so on, also I am connected to my HDTV through a DVI => HDMI converter (high end golden contacts) and a 1 meter HDMI cable (also high end) perhaps a native HDMI connection would be better...

I would eventually post a complete debug for further investigations but honestly perhaps it's just inevitable as told by seb, I don't know if there really is a way (either with DVDPlayer, DSPlayer, MPC-HD or whatever) to get a fixed 24fps without any error and/or frames drop (I would also enjoy to know if an original bluray played in a high end bluray reader would also have the same situation),

Thanks!

- DaveG - 2010-04-24

Quote:As a sumary :
  • dvdplayer: ffmpeg decoding, you click, it plays
  • dsplayer: directshow decoding, you need filters which do the job

May a question to that:
which filter or codec or codecpack is recommended to use?
Only ffdshow or more? What should be installed first to get in working, the filters or XBMC?

Thanks

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-24

DaveG Wrote:May a question to that:
which filter or codec or codecpack is recommended to use?
Only ffdshow or more? What should be installed first to get in working, the filters or XBMC?

Thanks

That's the beauty of DSPlayer - you choose - its a personal preference. The initial download, which has mpcvideo as its core component, should be sufficient to achieve playback, without making any changes, whether that is then sufficient for your playback needs is up to you. Then you can decide what other codecs/filters might benefit you. What works for you might not for others.

Filters or XBMC - no specific order. Have fun Big Grin

- DaveG - 2010-04-24

steelman1991 Wrote:That's the beauty of DSPlayer - you choose - its a personal preference. The initial download, which has mpcvideo as its core component, should be sufficient to achieve playback, without making any changes, whether that is then sufficient for your playback needs is up to you. Then you can decide what other codecs/filters might benefit you. What works for you might not for others.

Filters or XBMC - no specific order. Have fun Big Grin

Thanks for explanation, but should I register the filters somehow manually? By now I just see MPCcodec in the menu, but I would like to use ffdshow (it is already installed).

- neurosis13 - 2010-04-24

DaveG Wrote:Thanks for explanation, but should I register the filters somehow manually? By now I just see MPCcodec in the menu, but I would like to use ffdshow (it is already installed).

xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/dsfilterconfig.xml

at the buttom of the file you have the rules for filter, i replaced the default mpcdecoders with ffdshow because i like the 1080p upscaling of SD and 720p Movies i hope this helps a little:

</filters>

<rules>
<!-- DVD RULES -->
<!-- Iso still return a crash on this filter. -->
<rule filetypes="iso">
<source filter="tsfilesource" />
<splitter filter="mpeg2demultiplexer" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>
<!-- If you want to play a dvd select the file /dvdfolder/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.ifo -->
<rule filetypes="ifo">
<source filter="dvdnavigator" />
<splitter filter="dvdnavigator" />
<audio filter="mpaaudiodec" />
</rule>
<!-- END DVD RULES -->
<rule filetypes="avi|divx">
<source filter="avisource" />
<splitter filter="avisplitter" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="ogm">
<source filter="oggsource" />
<splitter filter="oggsplitter" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="flv">
<source filter="flvsource" />
<splitter filter="flvsplitter" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="mp4">
<source filter="mp4source" />
<splitter filter="mp4splitter" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="ffdvideodec" />
</video>
</rule>
<rule filetypes="mov|m4v">
<source filter="mp4source" />
<splitter filter="mp4splitter" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="m2v">
<source filter="mpegsource" />
<splitter filter="mpegsplitter" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
<source filter="mpegsource" />
<splitter filter="mpegsplitter" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="ffdvideodec" />
</video>
<!--<extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>-->
</rule>
<rule filetypes="wmv">
<source filter="wmasfreader" />
<splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
<video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
<audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
</rule>

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-24

DaveG Wrote:Thanks for explanation, but should I register the filters somehow manually? By now I just see MPCcodec in the menu, but I would like to use ffdshow (it is already installed).

Yes do as neurosis13 has explained, but then also make sure that you set-up ffdshow correctly as well - a default installation may not be sufficient for all your playback needs for example mpeg playback is not turned on by default and has to be added manually.

The format is explained in the wiki page - perhaps time to check it out and get an understanding of the process involved - see 1st post for a link to it.

wmv & ifo isn´t declared in dsfilterconf.xml - metaltimo - 2010-04-24

Hi folks,

back again...
I still use the 28016 build, because for me the best build playing HD without tearing...

But I posted two problems already... I also would like to play wmv (espacially wmvhd) and normal DVDs ifo from DVD or HDD with dsplayer...

BUT everytime I want open such files I get this error displayed: "ifo/wmv isn´t declaired in dsfilterconf"

BUT I think I HAVE declaired them...
This is in my dsfilterconf...:

<filters>
<!-- You dont need a path if your filter is registered -->
<!-- Sources -->

<filter name="cyberlink Dvdnavigator" type="source">
<path>C:\Programme\Home Cinema\PowerDVD\NavFilter\CLNavX.ax</path>
<guid>{9BEEF243-8140-429E-AE6D-13953D1E3BE6}</guid>
<osdname>PDVD6 Navigator</osdname>
</filter>
<filter name="wmasfreader" type="source">
<guid>{187463A0-5BB7-11D3-ACBE-0080C75E246E}</guid>
<osdname>WM ASF Reader</osdname>
</filter>

<!-- Video decoders-->
<filter name="cyberlinkvideodec" type="videodec">
<path>C:\Programme\Home Cinema\PowerDVD\VideoFilter\CLVSD.ax</path>
<guid>{8ACD52ED-9C2D-4008-9129-DCE955D86065}</guid>
<osdname>CyberLink Video/SP Decoder</osdname>
</filter>

<!-- The wmvideodecoder is a dmo filter-->
<filter name="wmvideodecoder" type="videodec">
<guid>{82D353DF-90BD-4382-8BC2-3F6192B76E34}</guid>
<osdname>WMVideo Decoder</osdname>
<isdmo>true</isdmo>
<guid_category_dmo>{4a69b442-28be-4991-969c-b500adf5d8a8}</guid_category_dmo>
</filter>

<!-- Audio decoders-->
<filter name="cyberlinkaudiodec" type="audiodecdec">
<path>C:\Programme\Home Cinema\PowerDVD\AudioFilter\CLAud.ax</path>
<guid>{284DC28A-4A7D-442C-BC2E-D7480556E4D8}</guid>
<osdname>CyberLink Audio Decoder</osdname>
</filter>
<!-- a dmo filter need a guid that indicate in which category he is locate0d-->
<!-- guid_category_DMO is the category of this current -->
<filter name="wmaudiodecoder" type="audiodec">
<guid>{2EEB4ADF-4578-4D10-BCA7-BB955F56320A}</guid>
<osdname>WMAudio Decoder</osdname>
<isdmo>true</isdmo>
<guid_category_dmo>{57f2db8b-e6bb-4513-9d43-dcd2a6593125}</guid_category_dmo>
</filter>

<rules>
<!-- For more filetype make a request in the forum thread -->
<!-- Iso extension will be added soon-->
<!-- DVD RULES -->
<!-- Iso still return a crash on this filter. -->
<rule filetypes="iso">
<source filter="tsfilesource" />
<splitter filter="mpeg2demultiplexer" />
</rule>
<!-- If you want to play a dvd select the file /dvdfolder/VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.ifo

-->
<rule filetypes="ifo">
<source filter="cyberlink Dvdnavigator" />
<splitter filter="cyberlink Dvdnavigator" />
<video filter="cyberlinkvideodec" />
<audio filter="cyberlinkaudiodec" />
</rule>
<!-- END DVD RULES -->

<rule filetypes="wmv">
<source filter="wmasfreader" />
<splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
<video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
<audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
<!--<extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>-->
</rule>

So for me ifo and wmv ARE declared...?!Huh
First I tested it with the path but no result, after that I copied CLAud.ax, CLVSD.ax, qasf.dll, WMADMOD.dll, WMVDECODE.dll, CLNavX.ax in the dsplayerdictionary... No result!

PLEASE! Can Anybody help?!
THANKS!!
Timo

- blinkseb - 2010-04-24

No support for old build. Upgrade or make a request in the support thread.

and *PLEASE*, use pastebin