Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- metaltimo - 2010-04-24

Hello,

This is not a ery nice answer...
I tried the same with the newest build and I got the same error message!
It´s only just a question about settings in the config no matter which version is running!

But if You won´t help me, please send me the link for the supportthread, where I can make a request...

Thanks!

- liquidskin76 - 2010-04-24

metaltimo Wrote:But if You won´t help me, please send me the link for the supportthread, where I can make a request...

Dude, the link is at begining of this thread!!

- reddevilmeuk - 2010-04-26

okay decided to retry my acer revo r3610 with Win7 again as apose to xbmc-live.....

do i have to read all 289 pages or is there a few tips on me setting up xbmc | dsplayer to test a few 1080p MKV's ?

red

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-26

reddevilmeuk Wrote:okay decided to retry my acer revo r3610 with Win7 again as apose to xbmc-live.....

do i have to read all 289 pages or is there a few tips on me setting up xbmc | dsplayer to test a few 1080p MKV's ?

red
If you are totally unfamiliar with the concept, then a little light reading wouldn't go amiss - try the wiki and the 1st page on the support thread for starters.

A basic download installation should allow playback without amendment to any configuration files etc.

- hannisen - 2010-04-26

Since I haven't seen any mention of PGS subtitles in this thread, I just wanted to check if this is something that you are planning on implementing.

The latest build works very well for me, and the dream of one single media player is getting closer and closer.

- blinkseb - 2010-04-26

hannisen Wrote:Since I haven't seen any mention of PGS subtitles in this thread, I just wanted to check if this is something that you are planning on implementing.

The latest build works very well for me, and the dream of one single media player is getting closer and closer.

If it's supported by mpc, there's a lot of chance that we support it. If not, can you provide a sample file as well as a description of the format?

- hannisen - 2010-04-26

blinkseb Wrote:If it's supported by mpc, there's a lot of chance that we support it. If not, can you provide a sample file as well as a description of the format?

It's supported by MPC, and it's supported in dvdplayer. If you need a sample file, just let me know. FYI, I've tried both the ffdshow and mpcvideodec filters, but none of them worked.

im a complete n00b so please bear with me

ive installed the dsplayer trunk and am testing some of my MKV's which are all 24fps...

apart from the obvious picture quality can you please tell me what info im looking for when pressing O to see if im getting the most out of XBMC | DSPlayer and Win7

? thanks

reddevilmeuk Wrote:im a complete n00b so please bear with me

ive installed the dsplayer trunk and am testing some of my MKV's which are all 24fps...

apart from the obvious picture quality can you please tell me what info im looking for when pressing O to see if im getting the most out of XBMC | DSPlayer and Win7

? thanks

Seb/Tiben are attempting to keep this as a development thread there is a User support forum here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71825 for this type of question. It saves this particular forum from getting clogged with issues not of a development nature thanks.

sorry

reddevilmeuk Wrote:sorry

No apologies necessary, but had you taken the time to even read the pages I recommended then you would have noticed that. Rolleyes

- zilexa - 2010-04-26

Blinkseb & Tiben, I already asked this in the user support thread. No luck.
Maybe you can shed some light on this.
Using the latest build on WinXP SP3, I made 1 modification to dsfilterconfig: I changed the video filter for a few filetypes to cyberlink powerdvd decoder. Didn't modify source and splitter. So for .IFO, the default dvdnavigator is used and as far as I know this is the only possible source/splitter filter for DVD-Video. (even MPC-HC can't play DVD without it, ofcourse playing the actual .VOB files directly is no problem.)

The matter: when playing a dvd (actually a VIDEO_TS folder on hdd), I get sound and a black background in the XBMC gui.
I created a very nice log file... First I test a mkv/h264 file, plays fine with Cyberlink video dec. Then I try dvd, gives me the described result.
http://pastebin.com/T47U1cPh

I am posting this here because oldpainless suggested it might not be possible to change the decoder for videoplayback in DSplayer (well its possible but might not work). But I already know this IS possible since I succesfully tested ffdshow video decoder with an auto-loading MPEG-2 specific profile to test hardware deinterlacing with ffdshow for dvds (conclusion: no difference so don't bother that).
So it should be possible to use cyberlink dvd decoder as well...

- oldpainless - 2010-04-26

zilexa Wrote:Blinkseb & Tiben, I already asked this in the user support thread. No luck.
Using the latest build on WinXP SP3, I made 1 modification to dsfilterconfig: I changed the video filter for IFO files to cyberlink powerdvd decoder.
Source & Splitter are still the default dvdnavigator, because in my knowledge this is the only filter capable of supporting dvd menus (even MPC-HC can't play DVD without it, ofcourse playing the actual .VOB files directly is no problem).

But... when playing a dvd (actually a VIDEO_TS folder on hdd), I get sound and a black background in the XBMC gui.
I created a very nice log file... having trouble locating my old post with this log. Will attach in a minute (I just couldn't wait to post this).

I started typing...then I realised I thought I gave an answer about incompatibility in the support thread.........Seb maybe able to shed more light.

K

- >>X<< - 2010-04-26

zilexa Wrote:Blinkseb & Tiben, I already asked this in the user support thread. No luck.
Using the latest build on WinXP SP3, I made 1 modification to dsfilterconfig: I changed the video filter for IFO files to cyberlink powerdvd decoder.
Source & Splitter are still the default dvdnavigator, because in my knowledge this is the only filter capable of supporting dvd menus (even MPC-HC can't play DVD without it, ofcourse playing the actual .VOB files directly is no problem).

DVD menu navigation is built into mpc-hc it will work with any mpeg2 decoder including its own, cyberlink just decodes the video when used with mpc-hc

- zilexa - 2010-04-26

>>X<<' Wrote:DVD menu navigation is built into mpc-hc it will work with any mpeg2 decoder including its own, cyberlink just decodes the video when used with mpc-hc

Ok, this has nothing to do with my issue or dsplayer, but in MPC-HC, when I play a DVD via File> DVD, select videots folder, I always get ffdshow video decoder. And when I add ffdshow video to external filters only to block it, I get mpeg2 video decoder. When I open a .VOB file, I do get Cyberlink (wich is set to preferred in external filters)...
EDIT: probably a Cyberlink issue, deregistered cyberlink and uninstalled HD Pack, then installed HD pack again with only Arcsoft, now File > DVD works fine using Arcsoft.

Besides my described issue, I have found a bug Big Grin
When playing non dxva material using Cyberlink as video decoder, when I click the Video icon during playback to check Cyberlink settings, the ffdshow audio config is opened, instead of the cyberlink video settings. This does NOT happen when playing DXVA material. Test with mpeg4 avi: