Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-27

blinkseb Wrote:Thank you both for the answer. No need of logs & sample because what you describe is an effect of directshow and filters, not dsplayer. As far as I know, there's nothing we can do to prevent that Smile

Sorry can't delete - system's all over the place at the moment - i think the issue regarding pause, might actually be a native dxva playback issue - sorry.

- blinkseb - 2010-04-28

metaltimo Wrote:Hi there!

fortunately the 28016 would do enough for me, if anybody could tell me if there is a way to fix the crashbug when changing an audiostream at ts file in the 28016 or is it defenetely that problem with the renderers?!

I tried several options in the filtersettings... Only mpcvideodec is the possible videodecoder for me, but source and splitter I combined mpegsource, mpegsplitter or haali in different ways... and sometimes xbmc do not crash at the first try of changing the stream, but immediatly if You try another change... or if You stop the video... STRANGE!

Timo

I've already told you THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE! Can't you read? Those kind of discution are for the user thread, so I move the post.

- fr500 - 2010-04-29

Hi

I just read no plugins or visualizations Confused...I upgraded to the latest SVN so now, what version could I use with a working addon manager?

I upgraded because in my earlier build some mono AC3 files were not working, now they are working even if I don't use DSplayer (using DVDplayer) so I guess It was an issolated issue.

Headsup: ATI Catalyst 10.4!!! - therealjoeblow - 2010-04-29

Just released - from the release notes:

Quote:New Features:
This section provides information on new features found in this release of the ATI Radeon™ Display Driver. These include the following:

ATI Catalyst – Video enhancements
  • H.264 Level 5.1 support
  • ATI Catalyst™ can now playback 5.1 level streams on all supported players
  • Allows for playback of high resolutions (4Kx2K)

Oh man! Can it possible be?

If it actually works, now you should be able to playback 1920x1080p with 16 ref. frames in DXVA (previous capability was L4.1 which maxed out at 4 ref. frames)!

I haven't upgraded Cat's in about 8 months because that typically ends up being a big disappointment and exercise in frustration when features that *used* to work don't any more, and new glitches get introduced that were never there; But DAMN, I'm gonna take the plunge and install these when I get home tonight! Here's hoping ATI is finally on par with NVidia with DXVA capability, and that this actually works on IGP's like the HD3200 in the 780G chipset...

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- liquidskin76 - 2010-04-29

@seb
@tiben

Just managed to catch this one. When launching video it plays super crazy fast! If stopped then played again all is back to normal.

http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=DZRF4iuW

Thanks

- zilexa - 2010-04-29

@ The Real Joe, Why this hype, there is almost no material available with this profile and won't be since it's not even possible within bluray specs. If Ati would make sure when using the 780g chipset hdmi is working on all tvs and give bitstream audio support for all dts and dolby formats, then I would party with you Smile

- hoborg - 2010-04-29

therealjoeblow Wrote:Just released - from the release notes:

Oh man! Can it possible be?

If it actually works, now you should be able to playback 1920x1080p with 16 ref. frames in DXVA (previous capability was L4.1 which maxed out at 4 ref. frames)!

I haven't upgraded Cat's in about 8 months because that typically ends up being a big disappointment and exercise in frustration when features that *used* to work don't any more, and new glitches get introduced that were never there; But DAMN, I'm gonna take the plunge and install these when I get home tonight! Here's hoping ATI is finally on par with NVidia with DXVA capability, and that this actually works on IGP's like the HD3200 in the 780G chipset...

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Yes, it is true, but remember - you will need at last ATI 4xxx and DXVA 2.0 (Vista/Win7 EVR renderer.)

- steelman1991 - 2010-04-29

zilexa Wrote:@ The Real Joe, Why this hype, there is almost no material available with this profile and won't be since it's not even possible within bluray specs. If Ati would make sure when using the 780g chipset hdmi is working on all tvs and give bitstream audio support for all dts and dolby formats, then I would party with you Smile

Not in raw Blu Ray, but there's plenty of encoders use it Shocked

- therealjoeblow - 2010-04-29

zilexa Wrote:@ The Real Joe, Why this hype, there is almost no material available with this profile and won't be since it's not even possible within bluray specs. If Ati would make sure when using the 780g chipset hdmi is working on all tvs and give bitstream audio support for all dts and dolby formats, then I would party with you Smile

As noted by steelman1991, not within BluRay specs, but long before I realized there were going to be these kind of limitations, and long before anyone really understood them, I (and countless others) started encoding with x264 and used more than 4 ref. frames with 1080p encodes. Most people use 5 or 6, because that's what just about every guide tells you is the optimal setting. And with 5 or 6 ref. frames, you can't playback that material in DXVA with a L4.1 limitation. And with it taking approx 26 hours to encode a 2 hour movie in x264 at 1080p, I'd rather have a simple driver fix than have to reencode dozens of movies...

With respect to "bitstream audio support for all dts and dolby formats", well, if you're talking about 7.1 Dolby TrueHD and 7.1 DTS-HD/MA, that's just not physically possible with the 780g chipset, the technology just isn't built into the chip, it's got nothing to do with driver limitations. It's kind of like criticizing SmartCar for not being able to pull a trailer with a 20,000 lb sailboat... The hardware was never intended to do that.\

BTW, never got a chance to test the new CAT 10.4's last night due to too many beers consumed at a friend's retirement dinner. Will have to try again for sobriety tonight...

Cheers,
The REAL Joe

hoborg Wrote:Yes, it is true, but remember - you will need at last ATI 4xxx and DXVA 2.0 (Vista/Win7 EVR renderer.)

Hoborg - what language is your website in? I want to try running it thru Google's translator, but don't know what to set the source as...

[EDIT:] Slovak seems to work pretty good...

Thx,
The REAL Joe

- hoborg - 2010-04-29

therealjoeblow Wrote:Hoborg - what language is your website in? I want to try running it thru Google's translator, but don't know what to set the source as...

[EDIT:] Slovak seems to work pretty good...

Thx,
The REAL Joe

Czech Smile

hoborg Wrote:Czech Smile

Thanks!

Just want to confirm - your Samsung SH-S223F, it *does* support speed setting to keep it quiet when reading back discs?

I have an LG drive and it drives me nuts that it won't let me force it to low speed, I want to get rid of it and install something that supports this essential feature.

Thanks
The REAL Joe

- hoborg - 2010-04-30

therealjoeblow Wrote:Thanks!

Just want to confirm - your Samsung SH-S223F, it *does* support speed setting to keep it quiet when reading back discs?

Yes (AnyDVD).

- zoing - 2010-05-01

@Tiben/Seb
i hope you get not mad on me but with the latest changes in TRAC i can not compile XBMC anymore.
The latest rev i can compile is 29673.
any suggestions?
i think the problem lies in basesplitter.h
thanks in advance

- blinkseb - 2010-05-01

zoing Wrote:@Tiben/Seb
i hope you get not mad on me but with the latest changes in TRAC i can not compile XBMC anymore.
The latest rev i can compile is 29673.
any suggestions?
i think the problem lies in basesplitter.h
thanks in advance

Fixed in r29712