Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- zoing - 2010-05-01

blinkseb Wrote:Fixed in r29712

thanks blinkseb!!!

- oldpainless - 2010-05-01

Seb,

Are you guys waiting for the dvdplayer team to fix the dx issues before another dsplyer build is out?

K

- blinkseb - 2010-05-01

oldpainless Wrote:Seb,

Are you guys waiting for the dvdplayer team to fix the dx issues before another dsplyer build is out?

K

Not really, but with scool & exams, i don't have the time to release a new build. And nothing really important in latest commits!

- tiben20 - 2010-05-02

blinkseb Wrote:Not really, but with scool & exams, i don't have the time to release a new build. And nothing really important in latest commits!
Im working a lot too and the change i did are not currently used by the player so the only thing that would be good is the external filters update.

- uncertainty - 2010-05-02

blinkseb Wrote:Fixed in r29712

Looking forward to the next release for default bilinear shaders....Big Grin

Double entries in default dsfilterconfig.xml - zilexa - 2010-05-03

Hey devs, your dsfilterconfig.xml file contains doubles:

ffdvideodxvadec and ffdshow_dxva are both declared but they are actually the same.
Also, it seems all rules for every file extension or file type uses FFDShow Audio filter for audio playback except IFO (dvd) wich uses mpaaudiodec. I assume it's suppose to be ffdaudiodec as well?

And secondly a small request, could you please add Arcsoft to the video decoder filters list? Cyberlink is in the list, just like CoreAVC. So I would say Arcsoft also earns its place? Since it's suppose to give better compatibility with various hardware compared to Cyberlink. This way the end user only has to edit the rules <video filter /> section.

Here's the correct filter for Arcsoft, succesfully tested:

Code:
<filter name="arcsoftvideodec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{B793E9A8-C53E-4845-9DE9-C32326EACCAD}</guid>
      <osdname>ArcSoft Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>

- tiben20 - 2010-05-04

Yeah finally got connection of my new source filter based on the demuxer from dvdplayer Big Grin

- liquidskin76 - 2010-05-04

tiben20 Wrote:Image
Yeah finally got connection of my new source filter based on the demuxer from dvdplayer Big Grin

Will this mean in the future we can scrap Haali and MPC Matroska Splitter?!! If so, will the xbmc demuxer be able to pass TrueHD and DTS-MA to ffdshow for bitstreaming via ATI 5xxx, etc?

Thanks!

xbmc filesource - metaltimo - 2010-05-04

Hello Tiben!

That´s interesting!
Can You tell us, how to implementate this to the dsfilterconf?!
Could I play any fileextension with it even HD Material with mpcvideodec and dxva!?
That would probably solve some heavy problems I have...
Thanks!

- tiben20 - 2010-05-04

liquidskin76 Wrote:Will this mean in the future we can scrap Haali and MPC Matroska Splitter?!! If so, will the xbmc demuxer be able to pass TrueHD and DTS-MA to ffdshow for bitstreaming via ATI 5xxx, etc?
Thanks!
What do you mean by we scrap. The main goal of this is having a built-in source, splitter. Because when the player will get merged no standalone filters will be coming with the installation so forget about the splitters that are in the current package.
@metaltimo i still have a lot of work to do on this before anyone can use it. Tetsuo asked me if i could develop a splitter based on ffmpeg for mpc-hc so im doing it for xbmc and it might get added after that in mpc-hc. The splitter in the final stage will handle dvd from iso like the dvdplayer do.
Anyway i didn't post an update to get questionned, i was only doing a public update on what im currently doing.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-05-04

tiben20 Wrote:What do you mean by we scrap.

Hey tiben,

I mean not use anymore! Stupid question really as i can see that the XBMC demuxer is doing what Haali/matroska splitter normally does. Ignore this question.

What about the second question regarding XBMC demuxer passing TrueHD and DTS-HD to ffdshow? Will it be on the to-do list? I see you mention that you didn't post to be questioned on this... if you can anwser the second one i'll be really grateful and will leave you alone!!

Thanks again.

- tiben20 - 2010-05-05

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey tiben,

I mean not use anymore! Stupid question really as i can see that the XBMC demuxer is doing what Haali/matroska splitter normally does. Ignore this question.

What about the second question regarding XBMC demuxer passing TrueHD and DTS-HD to ffdshow? Will it be on the to-do list? I see you mention that you didn't post to be questioned on this... if you can anwser the second one i'll be really grateful and will leave you alone!!

Thanks again.
Yeah it should work for passing right info to ffdshow. Technically what the ffdshow those is converting the inputpin to a usable codec for ffmpeg
(http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~ismail/ffmpeg-docs/structAVCodec.html)
What i need to do for my project is the opposite. I have to take the avformatcontext(http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~ismail/ffmpeg-docs/structAVFormatContext.html) and convert it into a usable outputpin.
It wont be hard at the end to add the correct parameters to pass the truehd flags to the ffdshow audio decoder

- baxtermedic - 2010-05-05

Ok Guys I have one question.

I rip Blurays using Clown BD, so that I can get my HD audio as well. I rip them as m2ts files. Everything works great on my rig (audio & hardware accel.). The only problem I have is with the forced subtitles showing up on my rips.

For example, on Avatar ( the native language) and on Angels & Demons (the latin parts). I don't want the english subs on the whole time just the required part.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Thanks.

*EDIT*
Sorry for that found out the movies I was trying are just retardedly unique that way. Disregard.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-05-05

baxtermedic Wrote:Ok Guys I have one question.

I rip Blurays using Clown BD, so that I can get my HD audio as well. I rip them as m2ts files. Everything works great on my rig (audio & hardware accel.). The only problem I have is with the forced subtitles showing up on my rips.

For example, on Avatar ( the native language) and on Angels & Demons (the latin parts). I don't want the english subs on the whole time just the required part.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

Thanks.

You *definitely* posted this in the wrong place! It has nothing to do with DSPlayer, nor with XBMC for that matter. You're on the wrong forum entirely.

Try the Doom9 forums for help with ripping and encoding.

Cheers,
The REAL Joe

- zilexa - 2010-05-05

How I Met Your Mother issss..... <wait for it...> AWESOME!

Big Grin