Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- therealjoeblow - 2010-05-17

blinkseb Wrote:Thanks for the feedback, you avoid me a long time of trouble! I had an old "dsutilRU.lib" on my libs dir so build was fine. Fixed in r30256.

Seb,

As you know, due to the problems with tearing and VRM9, I'm not able to use any builds newer than 28016, which is fine, But there are a few trunk issues with that older build (no milkdrop, which is minor, but more major is that the music player crashes if you use pause).

I know you said you would take a look at possibly implementing VMR7 sometime in the future in an effort to fix the tearing issues, no rush on that at all - I'm good with staying at DSPlayer 28016 if that's what it takes to keep using it without tearing, but I would love to have a more up-to-date trunk to fix some of the other underlying issues.

Therefore, I was wondering if it's possible to compile 28016 with a newer trunk that has these issues fixed?

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- blinkseb - 2010-05-17

therealjoeblow Wrote:Seb,

As you know, due to the problems with tearing and VRM9, I'm not able to use any builds newer than 28016, which is fine, But there are a few trunk issues with that older build (no milkdrop, which is minor, but more major is that the music player crashes if you use pause).

I know you said you would take a look at possibly implementing VMR7 sometime in the future in an effort to fix the tearing issues, no rush on that at all - I'm good with staying at DSPlayer 28016 if that's what it takes to keep using it without tearing, but I would love to have a more up-to-date trunk to fix some of the other underlying issues.

Therefore, I was wondering if it's possible to compile 28016 with a newer trunk that has these issues fixed?

Cheers
The REAL Joe

I guess it's possible. Just checkout the rev 28016 and merge it against current trunk. It would be long and hard, but I think it's possible Smile

- zilexa - 2010-05-17

r30256?
wow I thought you made a new build!
Got me there.
I don't know anything about compiling and building. Unless you mean Lego Wink
I know all about enjoying a perfectly set up media center, but not the technical details. So building or compiling something myself would not work... looking forward to a more stable build with the known DSplayer bugs fixed.

EDIT: to prevent confusion, with this post I am not begging for a new DSplayer build. Once their is a trunk version released with addons or plugins or whatever they wanna call it working correctly, I will start begging for a DSplayer release Wink

- hsinchu308 - 2010-05-18

zoing Wrote:have you execute the DownloadBuildDeps.bat? it is in the project/BuildDependencies folder.

Yes I did. But thanks anyway.

blinkseb Wrote:Thanks for the feedback, you avoid me a long time of trouble! I had an old "dsutilRU.lib" on my libs dir so build was fine. Fixed in r30256.

Thanks. Will update and try to compile again.

- tiben20 - 2010-05-18

another update about the internal demuxer.
At start i had 43 samples using different audio codecs and 31 samples for video codecs. Right now i have 38 audio codecs working and for the video every single one of them are working(wmv included). I only need to figure out the problems why the audio codecs wont deliver a correct duration on each packet.
Chapters and subtitles codecs are not started yet but they are both way much easier than the audio and video codecs.

- kimp93 - 2010-05-18

@tiben20

Would comment on how to enable internal demuxer ?

- blinkseb - 2010-05-18

kimp93 Wrote:@tiben20

Would comment on how to enable internal demuxer ?

Yeah, checkout latest revs, build, tweak, and run :p

- kimp93 - 2010-05-18

"tweak" is the part that I'm wondering. ;P I noticed internal demuxer and decoder have been added. Aren't they ready for even testing?

- blinkseb - 2010-05-18

kimp93 Wrote:"tweak" is the part that I'm wondering. ;P I noticed internal demuxer and decoder have been added. Aren't they ready for even testing?

Have a look at FGLoader.cpp, lines 71 and ~500. You'll see some #ifdef, that's here you need to tweak to get internal filters working. It's still in dev, so please don't report if it doesn't work!

- kimp93 - 2010-05-18

blinkseb Wrote:Have a look at FGLoader.cpp, lines 71 and ~500. You'll see some #ifdef, that's here you need to tweak to get internal filters working. It's still in dev, so please don't report if it doesn't work!

Thanks Big Grin I won't open my mouth until #ifdef is gone.

therealjoeblow Wrote:Seb,

Cheers
The REAL Joe

FYI: I just compiled dsplayer branch r30266 and Vsync now works under XP! I am still testing but here is a quick summary:

1. Vsync works fine under Windows XP, in both fullscreen window and true fullscreen. From the new onscreen statistics, which look exactly like the statistics screen in MPC-HC, it's using VMR9 w D3D FS w/ gui, Vsync and Accurate Vsync.
2. Default scaling method is now bilinear, so for me the CPU usage is low (<10%) and frame rate is smooth.
3. For MKVs without subtitle (e.g., 720p TV shows), the playback is very smooth. For MKVs with subtitle, there is very slight stutter every few seconds, even if I turn off the subtitle. I get the same stutter when I use MPC-HC, unless I set the subtitle resolution from desktop (1920x1200) to 800x600. I strongly suspect this is caused by the PCI bus used by my Nvidia 8400GS, so others may not have this problem.
4. Had to compile using VC2010. Could not compile with VC2008 - I get the same error that I get when compiling the Trunk w/ VC2008:
..\..\xbmc\RenderSystemDX.cpp(224) : error C2065: 'D3DSWAPEFFECT_FLIPEX' : undeclared identifier
5. Could not use the build-in MPC Video codec for MKVs- video freezes at the first frame but audio keeps going. Had to change the video codec to PDVD codec.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Nice work developers. Thanks. Laugh

- blinkseb - 2010-05-18

hsinchu308 Wrote:FYI: I just compiled dsplayer branch r30266 and Vsync now works under XP! I am still testing but here is a quick summary:

1. Vsync works fine under Windows XP, in both fullscreen window and true fullscreen. From the new onscreen statistics, which look exactly like the statistics screen in MPC-HC, it's using VMR9 w D3D FS w/ gui, Vsync and Accurate Vsync.
2. Default scaling method is now bilinear, so for me the CPU usage is low (<10%) and frame rate is smooth.
3. For MKVs without subtitle (e.g., 720p TV shows), the playback is very smooth. For MKVs with subtitle, there is very slight stutter every few seconds, even if I turn off the subtitle. I get the same stutter when I use MPC-HC, unless I set the subtitle resolution from desktop (1920x1200) to 800x600. I strongly suspect this is caused by the PCI bus used by my Nvidia 8400GS, so others may not have this problem.
4. Had to compile using VC2010. Could not compile with VC2008 - I get the same error that I get when compiling the Trunk w/ VC2008:
..\..\xbmc\RenderSystemDX.cpp(224) : error C2065: 'D3DSWAPEFFECT_FLIPEX' : undeclared identifier
5. Could not use the build-in MPC Video codec for MKVs- video freezes at the first frame but audio keeps going. Had to change the video codec to PDVD codec.

Anyway, hope this helps.

1) It's look like mpc-hc... because it's from mpc-hc Laugh

2) Must have a problem with sharders. Can you try with bilinear with dsplayer and mpc-hc and tell me if only dsplayer hangs?

3) You can set the texture resolution manually if you want to try. File SubManager.cpp from libsubs_dll project. Line 19, change m_texturesize to what you want. Tell me if it solve your issue, I'll add it on the gui when my exams are done.

4) You need to upgrade your DirectX SDK and make sure folders in vs2008 points to the right place.

5) What do you mean by built in? The filter provided with dsplayer or the one tiben is working on?

Ompiling - metaltimo - 2010-05-18

hsinchu308 Wrote:FYI: I just compiled dsplayer branch r30266 and Vsync now works under XP! I am still testing but here is a quick summary:

Anyway, hope this helps.

Hi there!
I´m following this thread every day, but since my last report, I was just waiting...
Having the same problems as "Therealjoeblow" I was looking up when You wrote that You can compile an older Version of dsplayer build with a new trunk...
My English isn´t as good enough to understand everything written here... Is that right that I can use the official xbmc build without dsplayer but build in a version of it or do I have to use a dsplayer build i. e. rev28166 and have to compile it with what?
Same questions like from joeblow, would that fix the hard bugs 28166 has?!
If it is so, can anybody tell me how to compile rev28166 with a latest trunk?

@therealjoeblow:
Are You starting to try out this? I would be very glad, if You can tell me how to do and of course if it works!
This probably would solve all my problems I only have with HD Material without investing in expencive new hardware!

Thanks a lot!

- blinkseb - 2010-05-18

metaltimo Wrote:Hi there!
I´m following this thread every day, but since my last report, I was just waiting...
Having the same problems as "Therealjoeblow" I was looking up when You wrote that You can compile an older Version of dsplayer build with a new trunk...
My English isn´t as good enough to understand everything written here... Is that right that I can use the official xbmc build without dsplayer but build in a version of it or do I have to use a dsplayer build i. e. rev28166 and have to compile it with what?
Same questions like from joeblow, would that fix the hard bugs 28166 has?!
If it is so, can anybody tell me how to compile rev28166 with a latest trunk?

@therealjoeblow:
Are You starting to try out this? I would be very glad, if You can tell me how to do and of course if it works!
This probably would solve all my problems I only have with HD Material without investing in expencive new hardware!

Thanks a lot!

I said it's possible, but it will be *VERY* hard, and you'll need good knowledge in C++ if you want to succeed!