Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- hades_2100 - 2009-12-01

I know you will not do any further coding. Whenever (if?) you resume, please have a look at this issue.

I tried the latest version (thank you for resume support!). It works great on the 2 Acer REVO systems, but is a no-go on the ATI desktop I mentioned earlier here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=448366#post448366

I tried something else though. I started a movie and just left the machine running. It seems that XBMC does not in fact crash:
http://pastebin.ca/1695809

ENTER is pressed on line 266 of the log and the interface 'crashes' on line 303. However, as you notice, things progress... The player encounters an error 40 minutes into the movie, line 304, and then the interface resumes operations. All during this, I see nothing but the XBMC interface, the debug numbers on top of the interface do not change, for all intents and purposes, the computer has crashed.

Any ideas?

Since there's nothing on the machine but XBMC, I'm going to try to install Win7x64 once more. If that doesn't work, I'll install Win7x32.

Thanks,

hades

EDIT: Reinstalled Win7x64. Just updated the graphics drivers to the latest version. Same problem, interface freezes up when I start playing a movie.

EDIT2: Found the problem. I had no speakers plugged in! As soon as I plugged a pair of speakers in, the movies started playing. As soon as I plugged the speakers out, the interface 'crashed'. Problem solved. The player works great!

- mindweaver - 2009-12-01

smb doesn't seem to be fixed fully? I can only play local files.

07:23:17 T:3144 M:2245607424 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Starting this file with dsplayer "rar:\\smb%3a%2f%2fJOHNTILLY%2dPC%2fMoviesHD%2f9%2eBluRay%2e1080p%2ex264%2dMETiS%2fm%2d9%2d1080p%2erar\m-9-1080p.mkv"
07:23:17 T:3144 M:2245222400 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter
07:23:17 T:3144 M:2242297856 ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed when inserting filters
07:23:17 T:3144 M:2242297856 ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFile failed to start this file with dsplayer m-9-1080p.mkv
07:23:17 T:3144 M:2242297856 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [rar://smb%3a%2f%2fJOHNTILLY%2dPC%2fMoviesHD%2f9%2eBluRay%2e1080p%2ex264%2dMETiS%2fm%2d9%2d1080p%2erar/m-9-1080p.mkv]

EDIT: Seems to be rar:ed files that are not working, sorry.

- ashlar - 2009-12-01

Montellese Wrote:What is the minimum graphics card requirements to be able to use DXVA?
I only have an ATI Radeon HD3470 (128 MB) in my Laptop running Win7 32bit and an ATI Radeon HD3450 (512 MB) in my dev machine running WinXP 32bit and as far as I know these only support UVD+. Would this be enough to be able to use and help developing this "project"?
Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Video_Decoder#Features

You are good to go. The 34xx series fully support DXVA for h264, avc1 and mpeg2 (not that the latter is at the moment involved in what tiben20 is doing).

- scoopy2scoops - 2009-12-01

sorry to be a complete noob with a really dumb question but whats the main advantages to using this over using MPC-HC as an external player for hardware acceleration. I take it this is fully intergrated with the XBMC OSD?

What are the pros and cons?

- gfjardim - 2009-12-01

tiben20, I can imagine how hard is that, many "mature" still lack off subtitles support, so thank you for the excellent job done so far! Nod

blei2k Wrote:thank you tiben, nice job!

hope that audio track selection is working soon. Wink

dsplayer also works fine with coreavc and cuda support

copy coreavcdecoder.ax to xbmc\system\players\dsplayer

edit dsfilterconfig.xml

I've done that with XP but got flickering video. What is your CoreAVC and Windows version?

tnx.

- gfjardim - 2009-12-01

scoopy2scoops Wrote:sorry to be a complete noob with a really dumb question but whats the main advantages to using this over using MPC-HC as an external player for hardware acceleration. I take it this is fully intergrated with the XBMC OSD?

What are the pros and cons?
Not fully integrated yet, but almost. When tiben20 completes his work, we'll have all the MPC-HC features (subtitles and audio switch, hardware video acceleration through DXVA) and all of its flaws (kind of strict video encoding profiles).

IMHO, there'll not be no downsides, as we'll be able to play non DXVA compliant videos with DVDPlayer instead.

- st0nedpenguin - 2009-12-01

Does this mean the MPC-HC shaders will function from XBMC too? They're about the only reason I'm still running as an external player at this point.

- ashlar - 2009-12-01

gfjardim Wrote:Not fully integrated yet, but almost. When tiben20 completes his work, we'll have all the MPC-HC features (subtitles and audio switch, hardware video acceleration through DXVA) and all of its flaws (kind of strict video encoding profiles).

IMHO, there'll not be no downsides, as we'll be able to play non DXVA compliant videos with DVDPlayer instead.
Actually, considering that it uses somehow the MPC-HC stuff, I hope that it will work the same for codec selection. That is, in MPC-HC you can select the codec for DXVA compliant stuff and the codec for non DXVA compliant stuff.

- ashlar - 2009-12-01

st0nedpenguin Wrote:Does this mean the MPC-HC shaders will function from XBMC too? They're about the only reason I'm still running as an external player at this point.
No words have been spent on shaders, so far. But guys, once the cat is out of the bag... I think it's going just to be a matter of when, not if.

- Montellese - 2009-12-01

I just tried the latest version posted in this thread and compared the CPU load between the default DVDPlayer and the DSPlayer and I noticed about 10 - 20% less CPU load using the DSPlayer on the "killa sample".

I will take a look into the branch dedicated to the DSPlayer and see if I can find my way into it. But I have to say that I have no clue about video and audio processing, filters etc but I'm always willing to extend my knowledge. And as tiben takes one or two weeks off I have some time to "get involved".

- bilbon0bud - 2009-12-01

Hello
Nothing appear on screen when trying to play mkv over SMB.
UN der XP SP3

working great here - tvwatcher - 2009-12-01

The latest build is working great for me, I'm using a single core acer revo, 1gig ram. Streaming smb thru the network, I've thrown every file I have at it and the highest cpu level has been about 35%. GREAT WORK!

- Spaceone - 2009-12-01

In some videos i hear double audio track (mphc and coreavc codec).

- ashlar - 2009-12-01

Spaceone Wrote:In some videos i hear double audio track (mphc and coreavc codec).
That's a known problem. Multi audio track files play all of them together. I mentioned this from my HD-DVD rip, where I kept FLAC lossless from TrueHD, DTS for digital only connections (just in case), DTS for my native language and three different audio tracks with commentary from director, etc.
It was a total mess, obviously. Rofl

- tiben20 - 2009-12-01

Montellese Wrote:I just tried the latest version posted in this thread and compared the CPU load between the default DVDPlayer and the DSPlayer and I noticed about 10 - 20% less CPU load using the DSPlayer on the "killa sample".

I will take a look into the branch dedicated to the DSPlayer and see if I can find my way into it. But I have to say that I have no clue about video and audio processing, filters etc but I'm always willing to extend my knowledge. And as tiben takes one or two weeks off I have some time to "get involved".

You dont need to know the actual concept on how dsplayer conception really working to help. Only some c++ knowledge would be ok. I actually need the
g_rendermanager to be splitted in 2 different class instead of using the same as the one for the dvdplayer. If you want to do that it would be easier to add shaders into the the project