Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- liquidskin76 - 2010-05-21

Hi Seb,

Don't suppose you fancy compiling and posting a new official build containing a merge with trunk and the subtitle size changes to put us who are having compile problems out of our misery!!? Nod

Of course, you'll be my new best mate if do! Wink

- blinkseb - 2010-05-21

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi Seb,

Don't suppose you fancy compiling and posting a new official build containing a merge with trunk and the subtitle size changes to put us who are having compile problems out of our misery!!? Nod

Of course, you'll be my new best mate if do! Wink

Sorry, I don't have the time! But my exams will be over tuesday morning, so I'll be able to compile and upload a new build Smile Just a little more waiting Nod

@hsinchu308:

That's a good news. I commit the changes as soon as I can!

Good man... i can wait!! In the meantime i'll keep trying to compile. I'm sure i will crack it soon!

Good luck with the exams!

hsinchu308 Wrote:Ok, I think I got it this time. Change line 790 and 791 to the following:

style.fontSize = (float) g_guiSettings.GetInt("subtitles.height");
style.fontSize *= 27.1 / 72.0;

I tested under both 1920x1200 (my desktop resolution) and 800x600 and the subtitle font sizes are now identical for dsplayer between the two resolutions, as well as between dsplayer and dvdplayer. Previously, changing the resolution from 1920x1200 to 800x600 changes the font size in dsplayer (by a factor of 2!) but not dvdplayer.

Regards,

Hey hsinchu308,

Where you have changed line 790, have you removed / g_graphicsContext.GetGUIScaleY(); so the code is exactly style.fontSize = (float) g_guiSettings.GetInt("subtitles.height");

Cheers

Stupid question... when i compile, do i build solution or build xbmc? Also, where the hell is the compile saved to?!!

- blinkseb - 2010-05-21

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey hsinchu308,

Where you have changed line 790, have you removed / g_graphicsContext.GetGUIScaleY(); so the code is exactly style.fontSize = (float) g_guiSettings.GetInt("subtitles.height");

Cheers

Don't bother yourself, and just update the svn branche, I've commited the changes Wink (I've not compiled since i'm not at home Nod)

liquidskin76 Wrote:Stupid question... when i compile, do i build solution or built xbmc? Also, where the hell is the compile saved to?!!

Lol Wink You should always build the solution in order to avoid dependencies not being built! The building output is located in "Project/VS2xxx/XBMC/Release (DirectX)/"

- zilexa - 2010-05-21

I would like to test and use the Night skin, but it won't work on the official release 9.11 since there have been changes and fixes lately, necessary for this skin to work correctly.

I've been testing Rev29443 for a while now. Tried compiling today with latest svn but I've never used MS 2010 before. The non-official testbuild uploaded by another user/tester here didn't work on WinXP (green screen), it was tested succesfully on win7 but I don't have that version of Windows.
A new dsplayer build would be great since many here would enjoy the DSplayer fixes that have already been committed as well as the regular trunk fixes. Also I could start testing Night..

- ssip96 - 2010-05-21

hi
using the latest build, in dvdplayer the outline of the subtitles seems to be way thick than usual. anyway to adjust that?.. the configuration in the menu only effects the subtitles in dsplayer, and i'd like it to look the same on both as i'm using dsplayer for certain contents and dvdplayer for others.
thx.

- blinkseb - 2010-05-21

I finaly got some free time, so a new build is available! You'll find it on the dedicated thread, as well as a little changelog. Have fun!

- uncertainty - 2010-05-21

blinkseb Wrote:I finaly got some free time, so a new build is available! You'll find it on the dedicated thread, as well as a little changelog. Have fun!

Thanks Seb...Big Grin

Will give it a try later and report any issues...

blinkseb Wrote:I finaly got some free time, so a new build is available! You'll find it on the dedicated thread, as well as a little changelog. Have fun!

Seb, cheers mate... or should i call you new best friend!! Wink

Cannot play video with release 30385 - zilexa - 2010-05-22

Tested on WinXP SP3. On a 780G mobo. Previous official DSplayer build, video worked fine using either Arcsoft or MPCHC video.

Now, using Arcsoft Video decoder, any video I try gives me this: audio starts playing, 2sec later screen goes black. 2 sec later audio still playing but XBMC is popping up an error message, something about crashlog.
I can only see the popup window in my taskbar.
When I close that window via taskbar, XBMC is also killed. Here is the debug log:
http://pastebin.com/ygWpQW2p
The file I tested for this log is called: The.Big.Bang.Theory.S03E21.The.Plimpton.Stimulation.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi
Except for setting Arcsoft as the video decoder for almost all extensions, I have not changed any video settings.

Also found an already known DSPplayer bug: According to the debug log above, the ffdshow video settings are loaded instead of Arcsoft settings. See line 742.

Unfortunately, when setting video decoder back to MPC videodecoder, the result is: video gives me black or green screen. Audio plays but it's impossible to Stop video, impossible to get XBMC in a windowed screen (using "/"). ALT+F4 isn't working. Taskswitch isn't working. Window key to see taskbar has no effect.
Trying to get the OSD wont work. Unfortunately had to Reset my PC (via hard button, not ctrl alt del).
here's the debug log:
http://pastebin.com/PRPkBSvS

I have not changed any video settings.
Here I also see the known bug, again FFDShow video settings are loaded, this time instead of MPC-HC. See line 730.

Not sure if these are trunk or DSplayer error.

- steelman1991 - 2010-05-22

zilexa Wrote:Tested on WinXP SP3. On a 780G mobo. Previous official DSplayer build, video worked fine using either Arcsoft or MPCHC video.

Now, using Arcsoft Video decoder, any video I try gives me this: audio starts playing, 2sec later screen goes black. 2 sec later audio still playing but XBMC is popping up an error message, something about crashlog.
When I close that window via taskbar, XBMC is also killed. Here is the debug log:
The file I tested for this log is called: The.Big.Bang.Theory.S03E21.The.Plimpton.Stimulation.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi
Except for setting Arcsoft as the video decoder for almost all extensions, I have not changed any video settings.

Also found an already known DSPplayer bug: According to the debug log above, the ffdshow video settings are loaded instead of Arcsoft settings. See line 742.

Unfortunately, when setting video decoder back to MPC videodecoder, the result is: video gives me black or green screen. Audio plays but it's impossible to Stop video, impossible to get XBMC in a windowed screen (using "/"). ALT+F4 isn't working. Taskswitch isn't working. Window key to see taskbar has no effect.
Trying to get the OSD wont work. Unfortunately had to Reset my PC (via hard button, not ctrl alt del).
here's the debug log:

Here I also see the known bug, again FFDShow video settings are loaded, this time instead of MPC-HC. See line 730.

Pastebin your dsfilterconfig as well please mate. What is this known bug you talk about regarding ffdshow. Can't say I've come across it - not to say it isn't known, just that I'm not aware of it.

- blinkseb - 2010-05-22

zilexa Wrote:Tested on WinXP SP3. On a 780G mobo. Previous official DSplayer build, video worked fine using either Arcsoft or MPCHC video.

Well, I don't have windows XP, so I can't test, but it's because of auo refresh-rate turned on. Try with the option turned off please Smile

Quote:Also found an already known DSPplayer bug: According to the debug log above, the ffdshow video settings are loaded instead of Arcsoft settings. See line 742.

It is NOT a bug! Read the above line and you'll see :
Code:
#
00:07:50 T:3372 M:2365435904    INFO: The video filters encountered an error so dsplayer changed the filters currently used.
The video filter refused the connection : we let DirectShow chose the best filter, and it's ffdshow which won the battle, that's all.

Quote:Unfortunately, when setting video decoder back to MPC videodecoder, the result is: video gives me black or green screen. Audio plays but it's impossible to Stop video, impossible to get XBMC in a windowed screen (using "/"). ALT+F4 isn't working. Taskswitch isn't working. Window key to see taskbar has no effect.
here's the debug log:

There was an exception on the render thread, meaning you can't do anything. I'll investigate, but without XP, it's not really easy. I will try a virtual marchine!

To prevent this from hapenning, use a fake fullscreen window. You'll be able to kill xbmc without being stick in fullscreen!

- hsinchu308 - 2010-05-23

here's the debug log:

Try using the MPC video decoder from the 29443 build. I am running on Windows XP SP3 as well, though with Nvidia 8400GS. The MPC video decoder on r30385 gives me video that freezes on the first screen (but audio continues). Copying the MPCVideoDec.ax from the previous build fixed the problem. Now videos play just fine.