Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- ashlar - 2009-12-01

Montellese Wrote:I just tried the latest version posted in this thread and compared the CPU load between the default DVDPlayer and the DSPlayer and I noticed about 10 - 20% less CPU load using the DSPlayer on the "killa sample".
Did the player report DXVA activated? What's your CPU?

- Montellese - 2009-12-01

tiben20 Wrote:You dont need to know the actual concept on how dsplayer conception really working to help. Only some c++ knowledge would be ok. I actually need the
g_rendermanager to be splitted in 2 different class instead of using the same as the one for the dvdplayer. If you want to do that it would be easier to add shaders into the the project

I'm checking out your dsplayer branch right now. Gonna take a while though as the SVN servers from SourceForge are always extremely slow at my end.

ashlar Wrote:Did the player report DXVA activated? What's your CPU?
No I didn't get any extra information when I choose "Play using DSPlayer". What does it look like? Do I have to manually configure anything?
I just installed the latest "release" in this thread on my dev computer and with the default DVDPlayer I have about 75 - 80% CPU load and about 40% when using the DSPlayer (other programs are running as well of course). I noticed quite a difference in sound.

This is the setup of my dev computer (which is actually my htpc as my old dev machine broke about 2 months ago):

ADM Athlon X2 BE-2400
Asus M3A
Sapphire Radeon HD 3450
4x 1GB DDR2-800 (Kingston)
Logitech Z-5500 over SPDIF
22'' Acer (1680x1050)
24'' Samsung (1920x1200) (which is where I run XBMC)

EDIT: Wow I'm really impressed. Just remembered that there was a movie in my collection which I could never watch as it was more like a diashow than a movie when playing with DVDPlayer. I just tried it again and I get around 95% CPU load. When I use DSPlayer it runs perfectly smooth on around 45% CPU load. Only issue is that there seems to be a problem with the sound. I get all the "surrounding" sound but no voices at all even if I turn the sound to the maximum (indepentend of whether I choose "Analog" or "Digital" output). This works perfectly in DVDPlayer though. But I'm sure that this is an already known issue.

- Johan71 - 2009-12-01

Hi all
Just installed this release on my asrock ion computer but when i try to play some movies its all black sound ok. Menus and so on works ok.

- blei2k - 2009-12-01

gfjardim Wrote:tiben20, I can imagine how hard is that, many "mature" still lack off subtitles support, so thank you for the excellent job done so far! Nod

I've done that with XP but got flickering video. What is your CoreAVC and Windows version?

tnx.

windows 7 coreavc 1.9.5

- >>X<< - 2009-12-01

Montellese Wrote:Only issue is that there seems to be a problem with the sound. I get all the "surrounding" sound but no voices at all even if I turn the sound to the maximum (indepentend of whether I choose "Analog" or "Digital" output). This works perfectly in DVDPlayer though. But I'm sure that this is an already known issue.

Its using MPC-HC's audio decoder yours obviously isn't set correctly for your system, quickest way to adjust it is from within MPC-HC

In MPC-HC go to View > Options > Internal Filters, then under transform filters window double click either AC3 or DTS and set it correctly for your system

Its the same with all direct show filters changes you make in any media player to that filter are global across your system

- Montellese - 2009-12-02

>>X<<' Wrote:Its using MPC-HC's audio decoder yours obviously isn't set correctly for your system, quickest way to adjust it is from within MPC-HC

In MPC-HC go to View > Options > Internal Filters, then under transform filters window double click either AC3 or DTS and set it correctly for your system

Its the same with all direct show filters changes you make in any media player to that filter are global across your system

Good to know and thanks for the hint. I just had to point the AC3 and DTS filters to SPDIF and now it's working like a charm.
Time to dive into the code.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-02

Montellese Wrote:Good to know and thanks for the hint. I just had to point the AC3 and DTS filters to SPDIF and now it's working like a charm.
Time to dive into the code.

if svn is slow for you just get it from git

- Montellese - 2009-12-02

tiben20 Wrote:if svn is slow for you just get it from git

Took 92 minutes and 1 second to download the whole branch but I got it now Big Grin

- h3llsp4wn - 2009-12-02

hi there,

gave it a try - seems to be working if I disable the adjust refresh rate option now.

But playback over SMB just works once - if you try a second movie it won´t playback and I have to restart XBMC in order to play back the next movie. Seems to be a bug.

h3ll

... and thanks for the great work so far!!!!

---------------------------------------------
Some additonal comments:
- can´t select other audio tracks
- not all mkv/h264 files will play back (will check for differences)
- planet earth plays smooth like h3ll Wink

- tiben20 - 2009-12-02

h3llsp4wn Wrote:hi there,

gave it a try - seems to be working if I disable the adjust refresh rate option now.

But playback over SMB just works once - if you try a second movie it won´t playback and I have to restart XBMC in order to play back the next movie. Seems to be a bug.

h3ll

... and thanks for the great work so far!!!!

---------------------------------------------
Some additonal comments:
- can´t select other audio tracks
- not all mkv/h264 files will play back (will check for differences)
- planet earth plays smooth like h3ll Wink

Really dont understand why smb dont start twice for you its working really fine no matter how i try to start the file. Its working from a currently playing video and from stopped too.
And it seems like a lot of people have video with multi audio tracks. I dont even have one file with 2 audio track on 5 terrabyte thats weird ill get one and fix that thing when i have some time

- tiben20 - 2009-12-02

Ok everyone i just added a new functionnality
Code:
<filter name="audioswitcher" type="audioswitch">
      <path>audioswitcher.ax</path>
      <guid>{18C16B08-6497-420E-AD14-22D21C2CEAB7}</guid>
      <alwaysload>1</alwaysload>
    </filter>
When the alwaysload is 1 like in this example the filter is always going to be inserted no matter the type. Like reclock could be a good example for this if you put reclock with alwaysload 1 its always going to be inserted before connecting every filter.
And also im doing some test with the language stream selector so anyone who is actually having file with multiple audio stream try the new version i will post and if you get "DSPLAYER WORKING STREAM SELECTOR" in your log when you start the file that mean im going to be able to fix the stream selection stuff.
Here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?wzy4jzqownn

- johoja - 2009-12-02

tiben20 Wrote:Ok everyone i just added a new functionnality
Code:
<filter name="audioswitcher" type="audioswitch">
      <path>audioswitcher.ax</path>
      <guid>{18C16B08-6497-420E-AD14-22D21C2CEAB7}</guid>
      <alwaysload>1</alwaysload>
    </filter>
When the alwaysload is 1 like in this example the filter is always going to be inserted no matter the type. Like reclock could be a good example for this if you put reclock with alwaysload 1 its always going to be inserted before connecting every filter.
And also im doing some test with the language stream selector so anyone who is actually having file with multiple audio stream try the new version i will post and if you get "DSPLAYER WORKING STREAM SELECTOR" in your log when you start the file that mean im going to be able to fix the stream selection stuff.
Here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/?wzy4jzqownn

Just tested with a multi stream file, no go on the ""DSPLAYER WORKING STREAM SELECTOR" in the log file, even stepped through in Visual Studio.

CEVRAllocatorPresenter::QueryInterface Failed to query {18C16B08-6497-420E-AD14-22D21C2CEAB7}

Get that error message...the audioswitch filter is in the graph when checking it in graphstudio by connecting to the remote graph.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-02

johoja Wrote:Just tested with a multi stream file, no go on the ""DSPLAYER WORKING STREAM SELECTOR" in the log file, even stepped through in Visual Studio.

CEVRAllocatorPresenter::QueryInterface Failed to query {18C16B08-6497-420E-AD14-22D21C2CEAB7}

Get that error message...the audioswitch filter is in the graph when checking it in graphstudio by connecting to the remote graph.

kk is there any sample on the web i could use for test

- johoja - 2009-12-02

tiben20 Wrote:kk is there any sample on the web i could use for test

http://www.sendspace.com/file/udjr6b

try that one...

- pipo01 - 2009-12-02

Probably a really dumb n00b question:

I installed this version of xbmc and what else am I supposed to do? Everything works fine, but only 1080p mkv are choppy. The hardware I'm using is an Asrock Ion 330 with Windows 7 and 2gb ram. Do I need to change some settings or select a player (and how do I select a player?)? Help would be appreciated cause I'm getting a bit lost here...