Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- therealjoeblow - 2010-06-18

blinkseb Wrote:If a media file has subtitles, these are automatically decoded, no matter you're showing these or not. Can you try to set a lower resolution for the subtitles? I think it can solve jerky playback.

What I can guess is there is still an issue with Windows XP and D3D device recreation. When vsync is disabled in XBMC, there is no device deletion/recreation, and so it seems to work pretty well. I'll investigate a bit more!

I'll try the subtitles res adjustment and see if it solves judder - can you remind me how to do that please?

Also, it would be good to get the vsync sorted out so it can be left on in XBMC. Without it, when fast scrolling in the UI, there are other issues that vsync solves (ie, covers not showing up as you scroll, only parts of the UI painting at the right time, etc.)

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- hsinchu308 - 2010-06-19

therealjoeblow Wrote:I'll try the subtitles res adjustment and see if it solves judder - can you remind me how to do that please?

Also, it would be good to get the vsync sorted out so it can be left on in XBMC. Without it, when fast scrolling in the UI, there are other issues that vsync solves (ie, covers not showing up as you scroll, only parts of the UI painting at the right time, etc.)

Cheers
The REAL Joe

The wiki has been updated (not by me) to show how to set subtitle size (texture size) in renderersettings.xml.

Also, if you disable vsync in dsplayer (in renderersettings) you can leave them on in XBMC GUI and won't have this device reset problem, because it only happens when both vsyncs are set to on, and dsplayer tries to disable the XBMC sync during playback, to prevent conflict between the two vsync algorithms (some guy reported that this conflict caused stutter for him Laugh).

- therealjoeblow - 2010-06-21

hsinchu308 Wrote:The wiki has been updated (not by me) to show how to set subtitle size (texture size) in renderersettings.xml.

Also, if you disable vsync in dsplayer (in renderersettings) you can leave them on in XBMC GUI and won't have this device reset problem, because it only happens when both vsyncs are set to on, and dsplayer tries to disable the XBMC sync during playback, to prevent conflict between the two vsync algorithms (some guy reported that this conflict caused stutter for him Laugh).

Lowering the texture to 800x600 didn't make any difference in the stutter/judder/jerkiness.

After some more testing, I've noticed it's *not* just files with subtitles, but random files don't play smooth, and I can't pinpoint why.

Many will play perfectly smooth, both with and without subs; however, some will stutter and jerk no matter which settings I try in the renderersettings.xml file. I'm at a loss to figure why, cause they *all* play perfect with 28016 and MPC and ZP, only they're jerky in current build of dsplayer.

Also, setting vsync in the .xml to false and reenabling it in the UI doesn't work, it gets me back to the same place where audio starts playing before the UI disappears, and the video never starts; I can't resume most files when this is going on, and some files just won't play at all, the UI just flashes and that's it - exactly as I reported before.

/The REAL Joe

- Niclas7 - 2010-06-21

Hi all !

At first: thanks for this thread which really helped me in playing 720p and 1080p MKVs on an ACER Aspire Revo 3600.

After having installed "XBMCSetup-Rev31004-dx.exe" now unfortunately I have the problem that, when having chosen HDMI as audio output, XBMC says that I isn't able to find the chosen output device when playing MKVs while the playback of simple AVIs oder DVDs has no problem with my audio settings.

Does anybody know what's the reason for it and how I can change it ?
I also have made some settings in ffdshow (Windows 7) already and have checked HDMI, DTS and so on.

Thanks in advance,

Niclas

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-21

Niclas7 Wrote:Hi all !

At first: thanks for this thread which really helped me in playing 720p and 1080p MKVs on an ACER Aspire Revo 3600.

After having installed "XBMCSetup-Rev31004-dx.exe" now unfortunately I have the problem that, when having chosen HDMI as audio output, XBMC says that I isn't able to find the chosen output device when playing MKVs while the playback of simple AVIs oder DVDs has no problem with my audio settings.

Does anybody know what's the reason for it and how I can change it ?
I also have made some settings in ffdshow (Windows 7) already and have checked HDMI, DTS and so on.

Thanks in advance,

Niclas

Have you made any changes to either the mediasconfig or filtersconfig.xml files following the installation?

- Niclas7 - 2010-06-21

Hi steelman1991, while reflecting what I did during reinstallation this idea came to my mind also.
I'll check it later at home, following the HowTo in this post.
Do you think that an entry is missing ?

When checking ffdshow and the associated formats last night I couldn't find an entry for MKV. Could this also be a reason ?

- steelman1991 - 2010-06-21

Niclas7 Wrote:Hi steelman1991, while reflecting what I did during reinstallation this idea came to my mind also.
I'll check it later at home, following the HowTo in this post.
Do you think that an entry is missing ?

When checking ffdshow and the associated formats last night I couldn't find an entry for MKV. Could this also be a reason ?
Only if you were using ffdshow as your decoder - have a look at this thread - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71825, might be more pertinent to post there, but the first post gives details of how to report potential problems (I would be particluarly intersted in the mediasconfig.xml - paste a copy to pastebin and link from here)

- cyr4no - 2010-06-24

Hi ppl

been trying to compile the dsplayer branch but got :
Quote:LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\..\xbmc\cores\dsplayer\subtitles\libsubs\debug\libsubs.lib'

when i trigger the build of that lib i get :
Quote:..
SubtitleInputPin.cpp
d:\dev\windows\xbmc-ds\xbmc\cores\dsplayer\subtitles\subtitles\subtitleinputpin.cpp(142) : error C2065: 'MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SUBTITLES' : undeclared identifier
d:\dev\windows\xbmc-ds\xbmc\cores\dsplayer\subtitles\subtitles\subtitleinputpin.cpp(411) : error C2065: 'MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SUBTITLES' : undeclared identifier

previously, I updated the sources to the latest commit : 31339

did some research and found the same error but they occured a while back.

some help plz

btw, any specific webpage for helping dsplayer build ?

- blinkseb - 2010-06-24

cyr4no Wrote:Hi ppl

been trying to compile the dsplayer branch but got :

when i trigger the build of that lib i get :

previously, I updated the sources to the latest commit : 31339

did some research and found the same error but they occured a while back.

some help plz

btw, any specific webpage for helping dsplayer build ?

Make sure you have the latest Windows SDK installed (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6b6c21d2-2006-4afa-9702-529fa782d63b&displaylang=en) and that it's accessible by visual studio.

- cyr4no - 2010-06-24

blinkseb Wrote:Make sure you have the latest Windows SDK installed (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6b6c21d2-2006-4afa-9702-529fa782d63b&displaylang=en) and that it's accessible by visual studio.

Windows 7 link ! Sorry blinkseb, forgot to mentionned :

. I followed the instructions from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_compile_XBMC_for_Windows_from_source_code
. XP SP2 (humm ... just discovered the instruction indicates after SP2 !)
. VC++ 2008 Express
. DXSDK_Aug09.exe (that is the one right ?)

BTW, I found a def for MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SUBTITLES and patched moreuuids.h which seems to do the trick.

But now, looks like I'm missing de Macro Assembler to compile .asm files. I read in many places that there is a SP1 for VC which includes it but I cannot find that SP anywhere !

I'm trying to run Windows Update right now ... the web interface is broken (error 0x8007007a) so I'm going for the auto mode ... that should help ...

Thx for the help blinkseb ... Smile

- blinkseb - 2010-06-24

cyr4no Wrote:Windows 7 link ! Sorry blinkseb, forgot to mentionned :

. I followed the instructions from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_compile_XBMC_for_Windows_from_source_code
. XP SP2 (humm ... just discovered the instruction indicates after SP2 !)
. VC++ 2008 Express
. DXSDK_Aug09.exe (that is the one right ?)

BTW, I found a def for MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SUBTITLES and patched moreuuids.h which seems to do the trick.

But now, looks like I'm missing de Macro Assembler to compile .asm files. I read in many places that there is a SP1 for VC which includes it but I cannot find that SP anywhere !

I'm trying to run Windows Update right now ... the web interface is broken (error 0x8007007a) so I'm going for the auto mode ... that should help ...

Thx for the help blinkseb ... Smile

No, it's not for Windows 7, and you need it, so install it, even on WinXP :p You also need to update your DirectX SDK (July 2010) : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3021d52b-514e-41d3-ad02-438a3ba730ba

The SP1 of Visual studio 2008 is here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FBEE1648-7106-44A7-9649-6D9F6D58056E&displaylang=en
But you know, Visual studio 2010 is out, it may be easier to use it Wink

Good luke!

DSPlayer rev 31339 - jagilbertvt - 2010-06-24

I initially posted this over in the Users Support forum, but it may be better served here.

Having an issue with XBMC crashing after playing a trailer (or pressing stop) from hd-trailers.net. I'm using rev 31339, though I haven't tried an older rev (I suspect the issue may occur there, as well).

I added "dll" to the m4v/mov filter in mediasconfig.xml (otherwise it would give an error stating that there is no player defined for that media type).

This is occurring on Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/vwrucVKQ
mediasconfig.xml: http://pastebin.com/pq5bp5zr

I'm also having an issue if I go back to the GUI while a video is playing that the gui overlay isn't shown. Using Alaska Revisited skin the video plays in a small box in the lower left as expected, but the rest of the screen remains black) I also tried Confluence, the Home menu overlay works in confluence, but the Video Library overlay doesn't (all I see is the Location Bar across the top).

After posting the issue regarding the GUI overlay w/ video, I decided to revert my code to 31004 and compiled that to verify it wasn't something whacky with my build environment. 31004 worked fine, as did 31022. However, starting with 31059 and up this seems to be an issue. In fact, I was able to narrow it down to the change in the DX9AllocatorPresenter.cpp by reverting it (and it's header file)) to the previous revision, while leaving the rest of the code at 31059.

In fact, I believe I was able to compile 31059 with just these (1952 through 1956) lines commented out (since most of the rest of the changes seemed purely cosmetic):

Code:
Com::SmartPtr<IDirect3DSurface9> pBackBuffer;
m_pD3DDev->GetBackBuffer(0, 0, D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO, &pBackBuffer);
m_pD3DDev->SetRenderTarget(0, pBackBuffer);
hr = m_pD3DDev->Clear(0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET, 0, 1.0f, 0);

Let me know if I can be of further help!

*edit* Thought I'd add that I also tested with dvdplayer as default, which works fine.

*edit #2* Ok, I was able to get it working correctly with rev 31357 by commenting out 1 line (line 1951). Unfortunately I don't know the code well enough (or directx for that matter) to know what it's doing or how to fix it.

Code:

- blinkseb - 2010-06-24

jagilbertvt Wrote:I initially posted this over in the Users Support forum, but it may be better served here.

Having an issue with XBMC crashing after playing a trailer (or pressing stop) from hd-trailers.net. I'm using rev 31339, though I haven't tried an older rev (I suspect the issue may occur there, as well).

I added "dll" to the m4v/mov filter in mediasconfig.xml (otherwise it would give an error stating that there is no player defined for that media type).

This is occurring on Windows 7 Home Premium x64.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/vwrucVKQ
mediasconfig.xml: http://pastebin.com/pq5bp5zr

Internet playback is broken Smile It's on my todo list!

Quote:I'm also having an issue if I go back to the GUI while a video is playing that the gui overlay isn't shown. Using Alaska Revisited skin the video plays in a small box in the lower left as expected, but the rest of the screen remains black) I also tried Confluence, the Home menu overlay works in confluence, but the Video Library overlay doesn't (all I see is the Location Bar across the top).

After posting the issue regarding the GUI overlay w/ video, I decided to revert my code to 31004 and compiled that to verify it wasn't something whacky with my build environment. 31004 worked fine, as did 31022. However, starting with 31059 and up this seems to be an issue. In fact, I was able to narrow it down to the change in the DX9AllocatorPresenter.cpp by reverting it (and it's header file)) to the previous revision, while leaving the rest of the code at 31059.

In fact, I believe I was able to compile 31059 with just these (1952 through 1956) lines commented out (since most of the rest of the changes seemed purely cosmetic):

Code:
Com::SmartPtr<IDirect3DSurface9> pBackBuffer;
m_pD3DDev->GetBackBuffer(0, 0, D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO, &pBackBuffer);
m_pD3DDev->SetRenderTarget(0, pBackBuffer);

Let me know if I can be of further help!

*edit* Thought I'd add that I also tested with dvdplayer as default, which works fine.

That's awesome. I've seen this issue yesterday, and don't have any clues about it. You save my time Laugh

EDIT: It's fixed on r31360

- jagilbertvt - 2010-06-24

blinkseb Wrote:Internet playback is broken Smile It's on my todo list!

That's awesome. I've seen this issue yesterday, and don't have any clues about it. You save my time Laugh

EDIT: It's fixed on r31360

Awesome thanks Smile

- liquidskin76 - 2010-06-24

Hey tiben/seb,

I've noticed a few sub bugs...

Subs not showing when windowed (think you know about that one?), and subs still appearing on screen (in full size) whan you backspace out of a vid and the vid is still playing in the 'now playing window'.

Not sure if a debug log would be any good?

Cheers