Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2010-07-02

blinkseb Wrote:This a nothing to do with subs dll. Subs are handled by CSubtitlesManager. CStreamsManager handle video and audio streams.

The output pin GUID is set by DirectShow, we have no control over that. The FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO how we can handle a specific field. It has nothing to do with the video codec Smile

Can you try without pixel shader? If it's still not working, can you rename the pixel shader Brightness_contrast.psh (located in system/players/dsplayer/Shaders) and try again?
actually if the format mpeg2 structure is not correctly filled by the source filter it can produce an error in the decoder. This is usually what happen when you use the internal source and internal decoder at the same time. Its really a complex task to extract the correct mpeg2 structure from the ffmpeg demuxer.

- oldpainless - 2010-07-02

tiben20 Wrote:actually if the format mpeg2 structure is not correctly filled by the source filter it can produce an error in the decoder. This is usually what happen when you use the internal source and internal decoder at the same time. Its really a complex task to extract the correct mpeg2 structure from the ffmpeg demuxer.

Tiben,

Did you uncover anything in my debug log or steelmans sample?

K

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-02

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben,

K
Grief - that sounds so clinical Rofl Rofl

- oldpainless - 2010-07-02

steelman1991 Wrote:Grief - that sounds so clinical Rofl Rofl

NoNoNo

K
Eek

- A600 - 2010-07-03

tiben20 Wrote:Just added mpeg2 dxva at rev 31539 (just switching the dll wont work need an entirely new build to get it working).

I tried r31550 with a lot of ts/mpeg2 videos and all failed.

Debug log

Sample

- tiben20 - 2010-07-03

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben,

K
I dont have the time to code today i might be able to look at it sunday,

- oldpainless - 2010-07-03

tiben20 Wrote:I dont have the time to code today i might be able to look at it sunday,

Ok thanks Tiben

K

SMB vs Mapped Drives - hobartgeorge - 2010-07-04

Hi,

I was trying for the life of me to work out why i couldn't get dsplayer to work. I had a few startup issues which i resolved then i ran into this error. Took me a minute but searching through the tread i found that the problem was that i use smb not mapped drives.

Is there a way to overcome this issue at all? The reason is because in my lounge room i have a windows 7 pc, but in the bedroom i have an appletv (which is now awesome thanks to crystalhd but that's another story). Both systems share a common mysql database. I really like this feature because both know about what is watched and what isn't, i can start on one and resume on the other etc. afaik i cannot have different file references on each machine if this is going to work, thus the smb:// on my windows machine rather than a mapped drive.

I'm guessing the answer is probably no at this point, so that being the case i'd love to vote for smb:// support (assuming it is possible).

Edit: Forgot to say, awesome job anyway. I was getting heaps of dropped frames playing 1080p before, i haven't stuck a movie out with this but it is visibly better. I assume there is no dropped frame count, just a drop in the fps?

- sentinel41 - 2010-07-04

Is there a way to get the IMDB scraper working?

SMB stores - fincheresque - 2010-07-04

All of my sources use SMB shares without issue. (actuallly, DVD VIDEO_TS folders are giving me some grief, but I don't think that's a dsplayer issue... haven't had time to investigate yet)

Perhaps the issue is the mysql database redirection? I've been toying with setting that up, but the last time I did that I had some issues (with trunk and dsplayer...it was still new).

- hobartgeorge - 2010-07-05

nathanjones Wrote:All of my sources use SMB shares without issue. (actuallly, DVD VIDEO_TS folders are giving me some grief, but I don't think that's a dsplayer issue... haven't had time to investigate yet)

Perhaps the issue is the mysql database redirection? I've been toying with setting that up, but the last time I did that I had some issues (with trunk and dsplayer...it was still new).

i looked into this and i think you are right. firstly i ran a file via a mapped drive with dsplayer, worked fine, ran again with an smb path using a hostname rather than an ip, and it played fine again, i tried one more time using an smb path this time with an ip and i got the crash. fyi, i use smb path with ip address in my mysql library. so i guess it is a bug http://pastebin.com/YDuumzh7

- fr500 - 2010-07-05

Hi

I have a little issue.

I haven't gone deep into enabling dsplayer yet, I just installed and left everything by default, just enabled DXVA and on renderer left it to autoselect. There is only standard there by the way, that correct?

I was getting artifacts while fast forwarding, they were gone after disabling DXVA.

Another little issue, can't enable HTTP server, XBMC crashes after selecting that option.

- tiben20 - 2010-07-05

fr500 Wrote:Hi

I have a little issue.

I haven't gone deep into enabling dsplayer yet, I just installed and left everything by default, just enabled DXVA and on renderer left it to autoselect. There is only standard there by the way, that correct?

I was getting artifacts while fast forwarding, they were gone after disabling DXVA.

Another little issue, can't enable HTTP server, XBMC crashes after selecting that option.
If you left everything by default you might be using dvdplayer when you launch the file. The setting for dxva is not used by dsplayer.

- LordMerlin - 2010-07-05

fr500 Wrote:Another little issue, can't enable HTTP server, XBMC crashes after selecting that option.

COnfirm this issue.

- hobartgeorge - 2010-07-05

LordMerlin Wrote:COnfirm this issue.

Also confirm, I had it enabled in settings so when I started using this version it was crashing on startup.