Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- >>X<< - 2010-07-16

Rob79 Wrote:Thanks, I have been told to try the MS decoder since I am on Win 7 in teh support thread. Also I saw Tiben20 mention that they are trying to incorporate Boxee DXVA into DSplayer is this still happening? As Boxee works perfectly with my older hardware, but the interface holds nothing to XBMC. Thanks for the info Wink

The very latest versions of XBMC have DXVA 2.0 already built in if your not getting on with DSPlayer

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

Actually come to think of it these builds should have native support using DXVA 2.0 as they have merged from trunk cant say for sure I'm using an older build myself ?

- Rob79 - 2010-07-16

>>X<<' Wrote:The very latest versions of XBMC have DXVA 2.0 already built in if your not getting on with DSPlayer

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/

Actually come to think of it these builds should have native support using DXVA 2.0 as they have merged from trunk cant say for sure I'm using an older build myself ?

Have tried DXVA 2, and while it starts out great it goes garbled after about 30 sec, seems to be an issue with older ATI cards with just UVD+ and not UVD2 support. That is why I asked abou tthe Boxee implementation as it works properly for me and I saw Tiben20 mention Boxee DXVA was being implemented into DSPlayer.

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-16

Rob79 Wrote:Have tried DXVA 2, and while it starts out great it goes garbled after about 30 sec, seems to be an issue with older ATI cards with just UVD+ and not UVD2 support. That is why I asked abou tthe Boxee implementation as it works properly for me and I saw Tiben20 mention Boxee DXVA was being implemented into DSPlayer.
Where did you see this - as far as I was aware this was never an option and hadn't been considered as its not a Direct Show filter. Maybe I've just missed where its been discussed.

- Rob79 - 2010-07-16

tiben20 Wrote:Im currently looking into getting boxee dxva into xbmc im working every day until saturday so i dont have a lot of time to code this week

Well, It looks like this has probably been sidelined as Tiben20 said he did not like Boxee's implementation of DXVA later and liked VLC's better so he was going that way, but kinda funny for us older hardware guys as BOXEE implementation just works where VLC's/XBMC's does not, not a insult at all, I appreciate everyhting they did and I am sure they have done what they have done for the right reasons. But still does not help me Wink

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-07-17

steelman1991 Wrote:Where did you see this - as far as I was aware this was never an option and hadn't been considered as its not a Direct Show filter. Maybe I've just missed where its been discussed.

He looked at boxee didn't like it then he started looking at vlc but elupus told him he had already started adding that to xbmc anyway so end off story

Rob79

Do yourself a favour and buy yourself a Nvidia 210 or GT220 they're hardly expensive

- Rob79 - 2010-07-17

>>X<<' Wrote:He looked at boxee didn't like it then he started looking at vlc but elupus told him he had already started adding that to xbmc anyway so end off story

Rob79

Do yourself a favour and buy yourself a Nvidia 210 or GT220 they're hardly expensive

I am in the market for a nettop, just waiting for the newer ones, Like the new Acer Revo shown with built in touch pad, also like the lenovo Q150, with the portable keyboard/trackball. Just not in a huge hurry, definatly will buy new hardware in the farily new future.

Questions and Clarifications - kin0kin - 2010-07-19

Questions:

1) How do I know for sure that DSplayer is using the filters that I asked it to used when playing back video? I have set it to use ffdvideodec and even turning on debug mode doesn't tell me if it is using ffdvideodec

2) FFDshow settings don't seem to affect things? Basically I have set XBMC to use default direct sound, and have set audio output to WASAPI ATI HDMI. In FFDShow audio, I purposely set it to not use pass through, and have set it to output stereo. DSplayer seems to bypass all those settings and output what is set in FFDshow. So how do I know if it really is using FFDaudio?

3) How do I use FFDshow post processing? When launching MPC-HC as an external player in XBMC, I could see FFDshow's icons show up and I can change things on the fly from there. However, changing settings in FFDvideo while XBMC is playing doesn't do anything. And the same question applies, how do I know if DSplayer is really using FFDshow?

That's all the questions for now! thanks!

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-07-19

kin0kin Wrote:Questions:

1) How do I know for sure that DSplayer is using the filters that I asked it to used when playing back video? I have set it to use ffdvideodec and even turning on debug mode doesn't tell me if it is using ffdvideodec

2) FFDshow settings don't seem to affect things? Basically I have set XBMC to use default direct sound, and have set audio output to WASAPI ATI HDMI. In FFDShow audio, I purposely set it to not use pass through, and have set it to output stereo. DSplayer seems to bypass all those settings and output what is set in FFDshow. So how do I know if it really is using FFDaudio?

3) How do I use FFDshow post processing? When launching MPC-HC as an external player in XBMC, I could see FFDshow's icons show up and I can change things on the fly from there. However, changing settings in FFDvideo while XBMC is playing doesn't do anything. And the same question applies, how do I know if DSplayer is really using FFDshow?

That's all the questions for now! thanks!

You should be asking this in the support thread not here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71825

- oldpainless - 2010-07-19

Tiben/Seb,

Has the project ground to a halt....or has others things taken over at the moment?

K

- blinkseb - 2010-07-20

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben/Seb,

Has the project ground to a halt....or has others things taken over at the moment?

K

Don't worry I'm just on holidays right now so xbmc is a little on background! I think to start again in august!

- oldpainless - 2010-07-20

blinkseb Wrote:Don't worry I'm just on holidays right now so xbmc is a little on background! I think to start again in august!

Ok....good to know - enjoy your hols!!

K

- tiben20 - 2010-07-20

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben/Seb,

K
Its never been halted since the start im just working a lot. And when i have time i'm working on internal filters, i'm rewriting a big part of dxva with ffmpeg. Pretty big task but its kinda fun to do it Tongue

- oldpainless - 2010-07-20

tiben20 Wrote:Its never been halted since the start im just working a lot. And when i have time i'm working on internal filters, i'm rewriting a big part of dxva with ffmpeg. Pretty big task but its kinda fun to do it Tongue

Lol....sounds fun!

K

- robinsj - 2010-07-24

So I am just curious, because I am new to all this xbmc stuff, and have been using the dsplayer version. What happens to it when the next offical xbmc is released? Does there become a Darhma dsplayer version?

- blinkseb - 2010-07-24

robinsj Wrote:So I am just curious, because I am new to all this xbmc stuff, and have been using the dsplayer version. What happens to it when the next offical xbmc is released? Does there become a Darhma dsplayer version?

We are always based on the trunk, so we are always up to date. DSPlayer already share the same code base as Dharma. After the release, the code base will still follow the trunk code base!