Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- robinsj - 2010-07-24

Cool.... Thanks for the info...

- robinsj - 2010-07-26

I have been using DSplayer for quite sometime without any problems, then I just tried an DVD Iso the other day, and it wouldn't work. I would hit play, and nothing would happen, the screen wouldn't change or anything. It was like it was playing, but the screen didn't change at all. I wouldn't get control of the screen back until I pressed stop... Anyone else have an issue like this?

- >>X<< - 2010-07-26

robinsj Wrote:I have been using DSplayer for quite sometime without any problems, then I just tried an DVD Iso the other day, and it wouldn't work. I would hit play, and nothing would happen, the screen wouldn't change or anything. It was like it was playing, but the screen didn't change at all. I wouldn't get control of the screen back until I pressed stop... Anyone else have an issue like this?

Has ISO support be added yet ?

As there's no real benefit to using DSPlayer for DVD then use DVDPlayer instead just create a playercorefactory.xml with the following and stick it in userdata

playercorefactory.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="iso" player="DVDPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

- robinsj - 2010-07-26

Sorry I guess I should have mentioned that I tried both, I would post a log but I am not home at the moment. But they do both do the same thing. I am wondering if it has something to do with my mediaconfig and how they are setup to handle iso/ifo ....

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-07-26

robinsj Wrote:Sorry I guess I should have mentioned that I tried both, I would post a log but I am not home at the moment. But they do both do the same thing. I am wondering if it has something to do with my mediaconfig and how they are setup to handle iso/ifo ....

If you use DVDPlayer mediaconfig has nothing to do with it because your using DVDPlayer not DSPlayer

- fr500 - 2010-07-26

Should be an issue with r3xxxx same thing happens to me on DXVA and non DXVA releases on 2 pcs also I'm not using ISOs but real DVDs

- robinsj - 2010-07-27

So yours just hangs like its playing, but nothing changes on screen also?

- fr500 - 2010-07-27

yes, doing nothing and some minutes later back to home screen, actually If you brind up the OSD it's "playing" something but nothing on screen

This might be a dupe of this report http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75646&page=2

- zilexa - 2010-07-27

Tiben or Seb mentioned the mediaconfig file wasn't updated with the correct videodecoder for DVD/ISO/TS. But if you do it manually (set it to mpcvideodec) it won't work either. Too bad because DSplayer supports DXVA for mpeg2 wich is pretty unique.

but this is based on 30xxx release.

- Photographer - 2010-07-27

Hi!
Could somebody help me how make playercorefactory.xml correct setting for video, audio and video stream (IPTV)?
TV I would watch from my playlist IPTV channels.

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule video="true" player="dsplayer" />
<rule audio="true" player="paplayer "/>
<rule name="udp" protocol="udp" player="VLC"/>
</rules>

HuhBy these rules, VLC is default player for audio files and IPTV (playlist). How do make different players for audio and IPTV (playlist)?

- steelman1991 - 2010-07-27

Photographer Wrote:Hi!
Could somebody help me how make playercorefactory.xml correct setting for video, audio and video stream (IPTV)?
TV I would watch from my playlist IPTV channels.

<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="m2ts|ts" player="MPC-HC"/>
<rule video="true" player="dsplayer" />
<rule audio="true" player="paplayer "/>
<rule name="udp" protocol="udp" player="VLC"/>
</rules>

HuhBy these rules, VLC is default player for audio files and IPTV (playlist). How do make different players for audio and IPTV (playlist)?
This doesn't have any connection to DSPlayer - try a new topic/thread, or piggy back on one of the many external player threads, where you are more likely to get an answer to your question - DSPlayer is not an external player.

- rhydewithdis - 2010-07-28

So I upgraded to build 31520 and it did not work for me at all. Launched XBMC and it would just fail and close out on Windows 7 loaded on a Dell Zino. I ended up having to uninstall and going back to the older 31004 build.

I hope the next build works better for me!

- tiben20 - 2010-07-29

News: Don't worry the player is still in development, im doing something on it almost every day. I'm working on getting the project into the requirements i have since the start. I need to provide absolutely no filter with the installation of xbmc. That involves writing a demuxer that can handle as many container format as possible. Writing a video decoder and maybe an audio decoder. I'm not currently commiting the change to svn there is no point since i'm alone working on that. If someone want to track my development im uploading my patch at http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/Patch/

- relayer35 - 2010-07-29

Thanks for the update Tiben. I do have a question though, any chance of the issue with the blank screen being fixed that myself and others have posted about (the one where a reboot clears it up for a little while)? I had to give up on the current build of DSPlayer because of it and unfortunately there are trunk issues with the prior builds. Thanks again for the update.

- blinkseb - 2010-07-29

relayer35 Wrote:Thanks for the update Tiben. I do have a question though, any chance of the issue with the blank screen being fixed that myself and others have posted about (the one where a reboot clears it up for a little while)? I had to give up on the current build of DSPlayer because of it and unfortunately there are trunk issues with the prior builds. Thanks again for the update.

No chances before at least two weeks, because it's me who's working on that, and I'm still on holidays Laugh

I've commited a possible fix last week, if someone could build the latest rev and try it it would be really helpful. I've tested on my side, and, of course, absolutly no problems. I've been able to run a batch of 20 video files with no problems at all.