Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- buzzqw - 2010-07-29

tiben20 Wrote:News: Don't worry the player is still in development, im doing something on it almost every day. I'm working on getting the project into the requirements i have since the start. I need to provide absolutely no filter with the installation of xbmc. That involves writing a demuxer that can handle as many container format as possible. Writing a video decoder and maybe an audio decoder. I'm not currently commiting the change to svn there is no point since i'm alone working on that. If someone want to track my development im uploading my patch at http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/Patch/

so. are you reinventing the wheel Oo ?

why not bundle/use mpc demuxer/decoder ? (of ffdshow..)

there is something.. Huh "strange" on rewriting these delicate, and absolutely not easy!, part of code

the "xbmc" admin board ask for dedicated/integrated demuxer/splitter/decoders ?

BHH

- nevcairiel - 2010-07-30

The mpc demuxers are rather buggy and unmaintainable. The new code will use the ffmpeg demuxer, the same demuxer thats being used by dvdplayer. He is not re-inventing the demuxers, just providing a interface to use the ffmpeg demuxer in a DirectShow player.

- Jani - 2010-07-30

Hello,

I already posted in the user support thread, but I didn't get any answers. Anyway, I'm experiencing some tearing at the bottom of the screen only, about 20px from the bottom. I'm not sure if this is really tearing, because it appears only at the bottom. Well, it looks like normal tearing and appears only when there's lots of motion.

I've enabled VSync in renderersettings.xml and XBMC's settings (guisettings.xml). If I disable either one, the whole picture gets teared. I've also enabled all the flushes in the renderer settings. This is the way I've set the renderer settings in MPCHC and it works very well.

Using Win7, r32289, the MPC codecs r2099 and some 720p video. I'm yet to test this with 1080p videos. I've also tested the latest one from XBMC Passion, r31520, and the both builds have the same problem.

MPCHC is fine with the very same renderer settings, so I think it has something to do with DSPlayer only.

- tiben20 - 2010-07-30

buzzqw Wrote:so. are you reinventing the wheel Oo ?

why not bundle/use mpc demuxer/decoder ? (of ffdshow..)

there is something.. Huh "strange" on rewriting these delicate, and absolutely not easy!, part of code

the "xbmc" admin board ask for dedicated/integrated demuxer/splitter/decoders ?

BHH
If i merge with trunk i been told i can't include already compiled codecs into the installation without providing the source code.
There also many interesting features im adding to these codecs that making it worth it.
1.No atl mfc dependency(build only with vc++ espress)
2.Dxva patch into ffmpeg as been rewritten to fit as an applicable patch into ffmpeg trunk(really really tricky part of the code)
3.Adding dvd demuxer(the same xbmc DVDPlayer use right now)

I been working for more than 6 months on this and i got many of those things working.

- buzzqw - 2010-07-30

thanks tiben for explanation

and... good work!

BHH

- benogil - 2010-07-30

Sorry if this off topic Tiben, but this thread has gone to extra innings, which is a good thing. How do I use Coreavc in Dsplayer ? It is mentioned on other threads, but no definitive answer.

Thanks,

Ben

- blinkseb - 2010-07-30

benogil Wrote:Sorry if this off topic Tiben, but this thread has gone to extra innings, which is a good thing. How do I use Coreavc in Dsplayer ? It is mentioned on other threads, but no definitive answer.

Thanks,

Ben

All you need to know is in the wiki : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer !

- benogil - 2010-07-30

Thanks !!Big Grin

- benogil - 2010-07-30

Another question, if Coreavc is enabled, does this enable CUDA hardware acceleration for Dsplayer?

- sergiocos - 2010-07-30

CUDA acceleration MUST be ENABLED in codec settings Wink If you do that, then you will benefit from that also in DSPlayer.

- benogil - 2010-07-30

ExcllentLaugh
The wiki referrence is for a filter ( for coreavc ), should it also be added as a renderer ?

- blinkseb - 2010-07-30

benogil Wrote:ExcllentLaugh
The wiki referrence is for a filter ( for coreavc ), should it also be added as a renderer ?

You can't add a custom renderer in dsplayer. Your only choices are EVR or VMR9, that's all. All you need to do is declare coreavc in filtersconfig.xml and change the rules in mediasconfig.xml to use the previously added filter!

- matejdro - 2010-07-31

Is that player faster than default player when playing SD divx videos?

- Wulfman - 2010-08-01

Hi

i get an render-error by playing an mpeg2-in-mkv

I use this rule:
Quote: <rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>

Deleting the dxva-Line => mpeg2-mkv works fine ... (I want use ffdshow for avisynth-scripts @ sd-material.)

edit:
Quote: <video dxva="true" filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
works ... but ALLE Files uses now ffdvideodxvadex ...dxva="true" has no affect ... wow Sad

Thx
Wulfman

- tiben20 - 2010-08-01

Wulfman Wrote:Hi

i get an render-error by playing an mpeg2-in-mkv

I use this rule:

Deleting the dxva-Line => mpeg2-mkv works fine ... (I want use ffdshow for avisynth-scripts @ sd-material.)

edit:

works ... but ALLE Files uses now ffdvideodxvadex ...dxva="true" has no affect ... wow Sad

Thx
Wulfman
I dont know if someone want to help out. I think making a really simple third party application for editing the xml would help those who have no clue how to edit a file without making any error.It can easily be coded in c# or vb.net. Handling xml in .net is an easy task and also directshow is way much easier to code in .net.