Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- hsinchu308 - 2010-08-01

tiben20 Wrote:If i merge with trunk i been told i can't include already compiled codecs into the installation without providing the source code.
There also many interesting features im adding to these codecs that making it worth it.
1.No atl mfc dependency(build only with vc++ espress)
2.Dxva patch into ffmpeg as been rewritten to fit as an applicable patch into ffmpeg trunk(really really tricky part of the code)
3.Adding dvd demuxer(the same xbmc DVDPlayer use right now)

I been working for more than 6 months on this and i got many of those things working.

#1 would be a very welcome feature. I tried to compile the source code for mpc mpeg source filter, and, after installing many additional programs, found out that you need vc++ 2008 pro, not just express, because of the atl mfc dependency. This was not stated in the wiki on how to compile mpc hc, otherwise it would have saved me a lot of time. I tried some ideas on the web for compiling mfc code with vc++ 2008 express but gave up after a while.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to compile the mpc mpeg source filter is because I want to try out some ideas on improving the performance of dsplayer when rendering mpeg files with bit rate > 40 Mbit/sec (cannot reach 60 fps on my Acer Revo R3610, but no problem on my P4), as well as fix some bugs. When you finish the internal mpeg demuxers, I can try out my ideas, so I am rooting for you Laugh.

Thanks for all the hard work, Tiben. I now use dsplayer exclusively for both my desktop PC (Windows XP) and my HTPC (Win 7).

- Wulfman - 2010-08-01

Hi

sorry i don't know what you mean ... ok syntax is wrong? But what the right RULE?

In http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO:_Using_DSPlayer#Rule-based_filter.27s_selection :

Quote: <rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
</video>
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
<!--
<extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
<extra>-->
</rule>
=> don't work. ... i think.

x264/mkv (dxva) uses ffdvideodxvadec
mpeg2/mkv (mpc-hc shows no DXVA - stats "not using dxva") uses ffdvideodxvadec

ok ... mpeg2 can eventually decode via DXVA?! ... then: the rule doesn't help ... i need an other rule ...

Same Wiki-Entry:
Quote:Starting with revision 27937-update, dsplayer supports rule-based filter's selection, using the same convention that the playercorefactory.xml. You can now select filters using rule based on filename, video / audio codec, dxva, ...

the best way for ME: FILENAME ... my HD-Files have 1080p or 720p in Filename.

Wiki example:
Quote:<rule filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="MPC-HC"/>
I can use filename ... ONLY with player? With Filter doesn't work Sad

=> Is is possible to use dsplayer for an mkv with two different filter depends on an Rule? (filename would be the best solution)
I want:
filename (1080p).mkv | filename (720p).mkv (x264, vc1, h264) => ffdvideodxvadec (because DXVA)
filename.mkv (mpeg2, xvid, x264) => ffdshow (because using avisynth-scripts)

TIA
Wulfman

- zilexa - 2010-08-01

@Wulfman why don't you just use mpcvideodec for both of your mkv files? DXVA will kick in automatically if it's supported...

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-08-01

Wulfman Wrote:=> Is is possible to use dsplayer for an mkv with two different filter depends on an Rule? (filename would be the best solution)
I want:
filename (1080p).mkv | filename (720p).mkv (x264, vc1, h264) => ffdvideodxvadec (because DXVA)
filename.mkv (mpeg2, xvid, x264) => ffdshow (because using avisynth-scripts)

TIA
Wulfman

Think your find it supports the same rules including file name

- relayer35 - 2010-08-02

blinkseb Wrote:No chances before at least two weeks, because it's me who's working on that, and I'm still on holidays Laugh

I've commited a possible fix last week, if someone could build the latest rev and try it it would be really helpful. I've tested on my side, and, of course, absolutly no problems. I've been able to run a batch of 20 video files with no problems at all.

Thanks for the response. I have been on vacation too. I'd love to help you out with the build (I'm actually a mainframe programmer by trade). I looked at this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_compile_XBMC_for_Xbox_from_source_code , and unfortunately I don't have the software tools required Sad So I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. Thanks for the update though.

- hsinchu308 - 2010-08-02

relayer35 Wrote:Thanks for the response. I have been on vacation too. I'd love to help you out with the build (I'm actually a mainframe programmer by trade). I looked at this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_compile_XBMC_for_Xbox_from_source_code , and unfortunately I don't have the software tools required Sad So I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer. Thanks for the update though.

Actually, the wiki page you should be looking at is:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_compile_XBMC_for_Windows_from_source_code

All of the programs needed to compile dsplayer can be downloaded for free. I am not even a programmer by trade (purely recreational) but I've managed to compile dsplayer within a few days after reading the wiki. Nod

- Wulfman - 2010-08-02

zilexa Wrote:@Wulfman why don't you just use mpcvideodec for both of your mkv files? DXVA will kick in automatically if it's supported...

i want use avisynth-scripts for SD-Content.
ffdshow => avisynth possible
ffdshowdxva => not possible
mpcvideodec => not possible

For DXVA-Content (720p, 1080p in Filename) i want use mpcvideodec or ffdshowdxva ... The DXVA-rule works with mpeg2.mkv not - probably because mpeg2 can also be accelerated by DXVA?

dxva="true" filter="ffdvideodxvadec"
<video dxva="true" filter="ffdvideodxvadec" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
=> all mkv files will use ffdvideodxvadec
This is an example from wiki - so i think there is no syntax-error.

>>X<<' Wrote:Think your find it supports the same rules including file name
? and what is the right rule? I have tested some settings - the rule does not work

<rule filename="*720*|*1080*" filter="ffdvideodxvadec"/>
=> don't work
<rule filename="completefilename.mkv" filter="ffdvideodxvadec"/>
Smile
=> don't work

<rule filename="*720*|*1080*">
<video>
=> don't work

Is there a problem with my build? (XBMCSetup-Rev31520-dx.exe). Work this rules in older builds?

Or - Syntax-Error? What's wrong?

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-08-02

Wulfman Wrote:? and what is the right rule? I have tested some settings - the rule does not work

<rule filename="*720*|*1080*" filter="ffdvideodxvadec"/>
=> don't work
<rule filename="completefilename.mkv" filter="ffdvideodxvadec"/>
Smile
=> don't work

<rule filename="*720*|*1080*">
<video>
=> don't work

Is there a problem with my build? (XBMCSetup-Rev31520-dx.exe). Work this rules in older builds?

Or - Syntax-Error? What's wrong?

I cant remember the correct format and the posts showing it are now gone your have to wait for blinkseb or tiben20 to give you the answer

- relayer35 - 2010-08-02

hsinchu308 Wrote:Actually, the wiki page you should be looking at is:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO_compile_XBMC_for_Windows_from_source_code

All of the programs needed to compile dsplayer can be downloaded for free. I am not even a programmer by trade (purely recreational) but I've managed to compile dsplayer within a few days after reading the wiki. Nod

Cool thanks. It's confusing to have two similar wiki pages like that. I might give it a try now Smile

- zilexa - 2010-08-02

if you would like to share your latest build (pm), I would like to test Smile

zilexa Wrote:if you would like to share your latest build (pm), I would like to test Smile

Cant you compile your own all you have to do is run a batch file and its done

- zilexa - 2010-08-02

I have checked a few links but really I am an absolute noob on this. It's definitely not just a matter of running a batch file. That's pretty clear to me. Unless you already have tools installed that you would only have if you are a developer wich I am not. Like vc++ 2008 pro. I really don't know anything about that stuff.
And I don't need a new build that much to start learning stuff about how to build...
Just eager to test the changes (not only dsplayer but also main).

zilexa Wrote:I have checked a few links but really I am an absolute noob on this. It's definitely not just a matter of running a batch file. That's pretty clear to me. Unless you already have tools installed that you would only have if you are a developer wich I am not. Like vc++ 2008 pro. I really don't know anything about that stuff.
And I don't need a new build that much to start learning stuff about how to build...
Just eager to test the changes (not only dsplayer but also main).

ok, of course you need to install the software which is easy then it really is just a case of running "BuildSetup.bat"

Anyway wrong place to discus this :o Smile

- zilexa - 2010-08-02

yeah not the right place maybe I would have given it a try earlier but I see posts from people trying it and they need help because something isn't working... that's what scared me off because I already have that problem with other non-xbmc related stuff. But I will give this a try.

Edit: ok so you really need the 2008 pro thing instead of express (reading the posts above me). pro is a trial so I guess it won't bring me that far. Rather leave this to others.

- oldpainless - 2010-08-02

Looking forward to the next build Seb/Tiben..

Cheers guys.

K