Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-02

In Windows 7 it's better to use the in-build DXVA codec from Microsoft. It works better on the ION then the MPC-HC codec to my opinion. It might solve the bug in Windows 7 which is described here above on ATI cards.

- ashlar - 2009-12-02

h3llsp4wn Wrote:tiben,

seems to be an ATI problem (Windows XP, SP3) - checked it again - it has nothing to do with the SMB thing. Local files only work once, second playback no output.
Same here, exactly. Local files, no SMB. I have an ATI HD 3850 on the server that feeds the HTPC (and I'm testing on the server as I have no intention of messing with a working setup on the HTPC, still stuck at SVN 21930 there Big Grin).

Quote:In Windows 7 it's better to use the in-build DXVA codec from Microsoft. It works better on the ION then the MPC-HC codec to my opinion. It might solve the bug in Windows 7 which is described here above on ATI cards
Again, XP SP3 here, with an HD 3850. First file plays, following files don't.

DannyDeman - hellohello - 2009-12-02

What in built MS DXVA codec are you talking about?

DXVA is not a codec, it is a feature(?)/method of rendering video files using a graphics card's hardware.

codecs enable a pc to "view" or access different types of encoding algorithms(?)/compression schemes in a video file , i.e. dvix, h264, xvid, quicktime, etc.

- ashlar - 2009-12-02

hellohello Wrote:What in built MS DXVA codec are you talking about?

DXVA is not a codec, it is a feature(?)/method of rendering video files using a graphics card's hardware.

codecs enable a pc to "view" or access different types of encoding algorithms(?)/compression schemes in a video file , i.e. dvix, h264, xvid, quicktime, etc.
In Windows 7 Microsoft has included an h.264 decoder. A Direct Show filter, call it as you wish. It's the same as using CoreAVC or the MPC-HC filters, it's just another way of decoding the same content.

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-02

@hello Well, since the Microsoft h.264 codec in Windows 7 supports DXVA like MPC-HC, I call it a "DXVA codec" in terms of "DXVA compatibility". On the ION I had problems in MPC-HC with the killasampla and the mpc codec. When I changed it to the Microsoft codec, all my problems were gone. Never had any problem with the MS codec at all, so to people on Windows 7 who have bugs with DSPLAYER, they could atleast try to switch the codec and see if it helps.

According to Mediaportal the MPC-HC codec has bugs when using it as codec for their built in player. People experienced problems when starting a new video after watching another one, or a blackscreen when a video is stopped. They also suggested to use the MS codec when you have Windows 7.

- >>X<< - 2009-12-02

hoborg Wrote:There is nothing like "best" card, for example nVidia cannot use DXVA for VC-1 (no problem on ATI).

Its not as clear cut as that there are four generations of Nvidia PureVideo, VP1 and VP2 have some VC-1 support VP3 has full hardware decoding for MPEG-2, H264, and VC-1, VP4 has the same as VP3 but added MPEG-4

BTW if you want to know if your card supports DXVA, then download and install "DXVA Checker" and that will tell you

>>DXVA Checker<<

dannyDEMAN - hellohello - 2009-12-02

[EDIT] FOUND IT. For those in the UNknow, it's MS DTV-DVD Video or msmpeg2vdec.dll[/EDIT]

ah, ok, thanks for the clarification.

running w7 (home premium) on a revo 3610. gonna have to check out that MSCodec.

thanks for the tip!

p.s. do you happen to know what this directshow filter is called? can't seem to find it using DSFMGR. I can see Haali, MPC, etc

- Montellese - 2009-12-02

I can start the DSPlayer as often as I want on both my computers without any problems. One runs Win7 with a ATI Radeon HD3470 (128 MB RAM) and the other one WinXP SP3 with a HD3450 (512 MB RAM).

I don't use any custom filter settings etc.

- gfjardim - 2009-12-02

One more thing to TODO list:

MKV chapter support.

Cool

- natethomas - 2009-12-02

Alright, I decided to search line by line through the two times I played the video to see what was or was not happening the second that was correctly happening the first.

http://pastebin.com/m6742cfee

That pastebin contains the debug sections of note. As far as I can tell, two things happen. First, for some reason

Quote:02:32:29 T:3540 M:2035286016 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 72, sym: 273, unicode: 0, modifier: 0

02:32:29 T:3540 M:2035286016 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61478 pressed, action is 3

this code does not occur the second time around. Instead, it skips straight to

Quote:02:32:51 T:3540 M:2042974208 DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 80, sym: 274, unicode: 0, modifier: 0

02:32:51 T:3540 M:2042974208 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 61480 pressed, action is 4

There is a very reasonable chance that this means nothing. Maybe I just pressed some random keys while waiting or something.

When the video starts correctly, the debug log begins

Quote:02:32:37 T:3540 M:2072129536 DEBUG: CEVRAllocatorPresenter:TonguerocessMessage MFVP_MESSAGE_BEGINSTREAMING

02:32:37 T:4036 M:2068938752 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0

02:32:37 T:3540 M:2068992000 DEBUG: CGUIAudioManager:Big GrineInitialize

When it doesn't start at all, the debug log reads like this

Quote:02:32:57 T:3540 M:2070401024 DEBUG: CEVRAllocatorPresenter:TonguerocessMessage MFVP_MESSAGE_BEGINSTREAMING

02:32:57 T:3540 M:2070179840 ERROR: CEVRAllocatorPresenter::QueryInterface Failed to query {60AA1030-904B-4412-88EE-276E8D03D5A1}

That "failed to query" line is actually present in both instances. It's just when the video does work, it doesn't happen until quite a lot of debug log messages talking about video playback occur.

Long story short, unless the keyboard thing is useful, the debug log might not be telling us much.

Side note: It's fun to read all the misinformation about DXVA, where people toss out theories like they are fact. Keep it up, folks! Misinformation is like a delicious desert to message board threads!

- daviduco - 2009-12-02

Is this player included in Camelot xbmc-9.11-b1.exe?

Or do we have to install the version from the first post?

You have to install the version from the first post.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-02

MKV working fine for me AVI now seems to be broken for both local and SMB when using DSPlayer Smile

I actually ran into the avi problem too. For me the problem was that I'd recently reinstalled Windows. AVIs were breaking because ffmpeg would pop up behind the window and ask if it should be used. I had not actually installed ffmpeg. The simple solution was to download and install ffdshow, so the popup would go away. There is probably a better solution though that can be performed within XBMC and the DSPlayer.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-02

natethomas Wrote:I actually ran into the avi problem too. For me the problem was that I'd recently reinstalled Windows. AVIs were breaking because ffmpeg would pop up behind the window and ask if it should be used. I had not actually installed ffmpeg. The simple solution was to download and install ffdshow, so the popup would go away. There is probably a better solution though that can be performed within XBMC and the DSPlayer.

It uses ffdshow for avi in any case that's not the problem it worked fine the other day with ffdshow and when I replaced ffdshow with xvid.ax again it worked fine using xvid codec instead

As I said for me its broken graph studio doesn't even generate a graph