Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- liquidskin76 - 2010-08-07

Love you tiben! Wink Gonna test in a sec... very excited! Nod

- sonic00 - 2010-08-07

blinkseb Wrote:Like tiben said, you have a old sdk. Just install the latest (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6b6c21d2-2006-4afa-9702-529fa782d63b&displaylang=en) to solve the issue.
Looking good now ...

Deinstalled the SDK 2008 version and installed this one. All errors are gone.

- hsinchu308 - 2010-08-07

tiben20 Wrote:Lol except the bug with fast forward after seek the demuxer can get a high fps Tongue

The demuxer performance looking pretty good indeed.Nod I'll try to compile the latest SVN and run it on my Ace Revo 3610, to check the frame rate for high bit rate (40 Mbit/sec to 80 Mbit/sec) videos. Thanks.

- tiben20 - 2010-08-07

hsinchu308 Wrote:The demuxer performance looking pretty good indeed.Nod I'll try to compile the latest SVN and run it on my Ace Revo 3610, to check the frame rate for high bit rate (40 Mbit/sec to 80 Mbit/sec) videos. Thanks.
Only dxva1 is working right now. Its going to be a piece of cake to add dxva2 but right now the internal splitter as a limited specific configuration.
The reason is really simple, im working to get the patch commited in ffmpeg trunk and they are really picky in the way you do a patch for them.
Anyway here is the status of the demuxer and video decoder in dsplayer
1. only h264 dxva1 is working
2. Dxva can only be used with the 2 internal filters. This mean you can't just take another video decoder and expect to have dxva working with the internal demuxer.
3. Seeking is working correctly as far as i tested

- liquidskin76 - 2010-08-07

hey tiben and seb,

I'm getting the following error when compiling...

fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\xbmc\cores\DSPlayer\Filters\Splitters\DSDemuxerThread.cpp': No such file or directory

Checked the directory and sure enough, the file isn't there. That's from a fresh svn download from a few minutes ago.

Cheers

- tiben20 - 2010-08-07

liquidskin76 Wrote:hey tiben and seb,

I'm getting the following error when compiling...

fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\..\xbmc\cores\DSPlayer\Filters\Splitters\DSDemuxerThread.cpp': No such file or directory

Checked the directory and sure enough, the file isn't there. That's from a fresh svn download from a few minutes ago.

Cheers

vs2010 need to be updated delete the dsdemuxerthread.cpp and .h from the project

- oldpainless - 2010-08-07

tiben20 Wrote:1. only h264 dxva1 is working
2. Dxva can only be used with the 2 internal filters. This mean you can't just take another video decoder and expect to have dxva working with the internal demuxer.

Tiben,

Hope you don't mind me asking...but.....

Why (for the moment) is dsplayer going down this route?..I understand that you have been "asked" to make the dsplayer build standalone (ie - dont need any others codecs), but, why then remove the ability for the user to config different codecs? - this has always been one of the main attractions of the dsplayer build...seems to me that if you take that away, you are shooting yourself in the foot, so to speak?........

Or, are you saying, the internal demuxers ONLY work with the internal video decoder? So if we chose a any other demuxer (haali etc), we can also chose any other video codec?

K

- steelman1991 - 2010-08-07

Isn't this what we have already with DVD Player (Sorry for my ignorance)?

- tiben20 - 2010-08-07

oldpainless Wrote:Tiben,

Hope you don't mind me asking...but.....

Why (for the moment) is dsplayer going down this route?..I understand that you have been "asked" to make the dsplayer build standalone (ie - dont need any others codecs), but, why then remove the ability for the user to config different codecs? - this has always been one of the main attractions of the dsplayer build...seems to me that if you take that away, you are shooting yourself in the foot, so to speak?........

Or, are you saying, the internal demuxers ONLY work with the internal video decoder? So if we chose a any other demuxer (haali etc), we can also chose any other video codec?

K
I said right now its only working this way for using dxva. Its really hard and complex to make a working ffmpeg with dxva for directshow without any major unsurported change into ffmpeg code. Right now i only managed to get it working like this. I'm only informing everybody to dont get some bug reports im already aware of.
And if you think it's easy to do to get everything working at the same time, your wrong i spent nearly 2 hours a day for some weeks to get it there.
Also there the fact that the main goal of this is to remove the filters of the installation package to get merged into the xbmc trunk. Your always going to be able to use external codecs but the demuxer right now as is limitation.

tiben20 Wrote:I said right now its only working this way for using dxva. Its really hard and complex to make a working ffmpeg with dxva for directshow without any major unsurported change into ffmpeg code. Right now i only managed to get it working like this. I'm only informing everybody to dont get some bug reports im already aware of.
And if you think it's easy to do to get everything working at the same time, your wrong i spent nearly 2 hours a day for some weeks to get it there.

Ok, then unless I misunderstand you, it's like steelman said above, all this adds is dxva1 to dvdplayer? I always thought the main plus of dsplayer was "configure it how you want it" able to select whatever codecs you wanted...and the pq doing it that way was amazing!!!...

But, I guess, like I said, you have been "asked"....although, I'd have to say, if it were me, I'd question that one...but thats me.

K

EDIT - Tiben - noticed you edited your response. Please do not misunderstand what I said. Both you and Seb have done a fantastic job, and I'm sure it's been hard work....however, I think most folk would prefer you guys stuck to your guns with what dsplayer was suposed to be all about - chose your own codecs - which I THINK you are saying we will still be able to?

Cheers guys, and keep up the good work!

K

- blinkseb - 2010-08-07

oldpainless Wrote:Ok, then unless I misunderstand you, it's like steelman said above, all this adds is dxva1 to dvdplayer? I always thought the main plus of dsplayer was "configure it how you want it" able to select whatever codecs you wanted...and the pq doing it that way was amazing!!!...

But, I guess, like I said, you have been "asked"....although, I'd have to say, if it were me, I'd question that one...but thats me.

K

EDIT - Tiben - noticed you edited your response. Please do not misunderstand what I said. Both you and Seb have done a fantastic job, and I'm sure it's been hard work....however, I think most folk would prefer you guys stuck to your guns with what dsplayer was suposed to be all about - chose your own codecs - which I THINK you are saying we will still be able to?

K

To make things clear once for all :

You'll always be able to use whatever codec you want! What tiben does is writing new codec based on mpc one, but with major changes. In the end, you'll be able to choose :
- an external filter
- an internal filter

In any combinaison you like/you want!

We just have been asked to remove any binary from dsplayer, codec included. Instead of just providing a link to download mpc codecs, Tiben has chosen to rewrite them, that's all!

- Jani - 2010-08-07

Is there a rule for DTS or DD audio? I'd like to play DTS audio using AC3Filter and DD with MPA decoder. For some reason, DTS doesn't play correctly with the MPA decoder, it like crackles all the time. MPCHC is fine with its internal (the same!) DTS codec. I'm using DTS passthrough, since my receiver supports it.

Also, update to this:
Jani Wrote:I'm experiencing some tearing at the bottom of the screen only, about 20px from the bottom. I'm not sure if this is really tearing, because it appears only at the bottom. Well, it looks like normal tearing and appears only when there's lots of motion.

I've enabled VSync in renderersettings.xml and XBMC's settings (guisettings.xml). If I disable either one, the whole picture gets teared. I've also enabled all the flushes in the renderer settings. This is the way I've set the renderer settings in MPCHC and it works very well.

Using Win7, r32289, the MPC codecs r2099 and some 720p video. I'm yet to test this with 1080p videos. I've also tested the latest one from XBMC Passion, r31520, and the both builds have the same problem.

MPCHC is fine with the very same renderer settings, so I think it has something to do with DSPlayer only.
I tested 1080p video with rev32558 and there's the same problem. Both MPC and FFDShow video decoders have this problem. I'm using ATI HD4800 Series graphics card with 10.5 CCC. DXVA Compatibility is set to skip all checks. MPCHC is fine with the same settings, so I think it has something to do with XBMC and/or dsplayer.

EDIT: should I create a trac ticket because of the tearing?

blinkseb Wrote:To make things clear once for all :

You'll always be able to use whatever codec you want! What tiben does is writing new codec based on mpc one, but with major changes. In the end, you'll be able to choose :
- an external filter
- an internal filter

In any combinaison you like/you want!

We just have been asked to remove any binary from dsplayer, codec included. Instead of just providing a link to download mpc codecs, Tiben has chosen to rewrite them, that's all!

OK Seb,

That's what I thought he may have meant - but, it was worth spelling things out for everyone who is following the dsplayer build.....and enough with the !!!...lol..Big Grin

K

- tiben20 - 2010-08-07

oldpainless Wrote:Ok, then unless I misunderstand you, it's like steelman said above, all this adds is dxva1 to dvdplayer? I always thought the main plus of dsplayer was "configure it how you want it" able to select whatever codecs you wanted...and the pq doing it that way was amazing!!!...

K

K
Its adding dxva to ffmpeg for directshow in a clean way. Mpc-hc fork is so ugly their is no way currently that their dxva implementation could ever get into ffmpeg officially.
And the demuxer is only not working if your using mpcvideodec or ffdshow. MS H264 decoder works, CoreAVC works, Haali with the internal video deocder works. Its just the ugly fork coming from mpcvideodec that is not working with the demuxer.

**Since the internal decoder is basically mpc-hc decoder rewritten i don't see why someone would use the mpcvideodec

- zilexa - 2010-08-07

What you're doing, both of you is great for the HTPC world! It just takes a lot of time.
I like it, internal decoder based on MPC-HC (so no need for MPC HC files) and the option to use a different decoder (except mpc-hc cos we now have the internal decoder based on mpc-hc).
I suppose this being a work in progress, when released it will still be possible to use ffdshow filters (for improving th video quality of non-dxva video or - if people want to upscale dxva material - also for dxva video)?