Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- liquidskin76 - 2010-09-04

Hi Seb,

Just noticed thoses changes in trac!

It should read 'The Shire', then about 2 seconds later '...60 years later' should should fade in, so it reads in full 'The Shire ...60 years later.'

To see as an example use ffdshow. It's work however it displays them in black.

Thanks mate Wink

[EDIT:] The positioning is spot on!

- blinkseb - 2010-09-04

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi Seb,

Just noticed thoses changes in trac!

It should read 'The Shire', then about 2 seconds later '...60 years later' should should fade in, so it reads in full 'The Shire ...60 years later.'

To see as an example use ffdshow. It's work however it displays them in black.

Thanks mate Wink

[EDIT:] The positioning is spot on!

Yep, that's what I see, and "... 60 years later" is fading, so I guess it's pretty awesome Big Grin

Using ffdshow, nothing appears on the screen. Others subtitles work, but not .sup Sad

You're a good man, you know that! NodBig GrinWink

Will compile and test later to confirm.

Just got to say... DSPlayer is looking very good right now!

Itching to test the internal filters tibens been working on however i haven't had any luck so far. No vid starts. Maybe due to me being on a ATI card?

@Tiben... would you like debug logs yet?

- blinkseb - 2010-09-04

liquidskin76 Wrote:Just got to say... DSPlayer is looking very good right now!

Itching to test the internal filters tibens been working on however i haven't had any luck so far. No vid starts. Maybe due to me being on a ATI card?

@Tiben... would you like debug logs yet?

I'm on ATI too and it's working pretty well. Be carefull not using the internal splitter & the internal video decoder at the same time, IIRC there are some incompatibilities.

Also, is it possible to put in a feature request for later, for dsplayer to respect the 'default track flag' and 'forced track flag' that can be set on MKV's?

For instance, if an embedded subtitle is set with the 'forced track flag' option set to yes, and if subtitles within the xbmc gui are disabled, the 'forced track flag' setting is read and the subtitles are display.

Great for if you have embedded forced subs that you want to display, however also have other embedded subtitles that you don't want displayed. At the moment (both with trunk and dsplayer) it's all or nothing.

I believe t's on the to do list for the trunk. Will this then apply to dsplayer or can you implement before hand?

Thanks guys

- blinkseb - 2010-09-04

liquidskin76 Wrote:Also, is it possible to put in a feature request for later, for dsplayer to respect the 'default track flag' and 'forced track flag' that can be set on MKV's?

For instance, if an embedded subtitle is set with the 'forced track flag' option set to yes, and if subtitles within the xbmc gui are disabled, the 'forced track flag' setting is read and the subtitles are display.

Great for if you have embedded forced subs that you want to display, however also have other embedded subtitles that you don't want displayed. At the moment (both with trunk and dsplayer) it's all or nothing.

I believe t's on the to do list for the trunk. Will this then apply to dsplayer or can you implement before hand?

Thanks guys

We don't have access to such informations, only the splitter does. All I can do is rely on what the splitter told us (I think I can know if a track is forced or not).

Currently, the first subtitle stream is enabled, no matter the forced flag. I'll look at it Smile

Thanks seb.

- gav1577 - 2010-09-04

Potential bug with dsplayer ffw is broke for me reverse is ok only with
.avi extension. Build is r33492 can somone reproduce the problem ? thanks
Edit problem is there in 31250 also

There is no bug my fault i screwed up on my compile sorry will edit my post
damn noobs lol:p

- blinkseb - 2010-09-04

liquidskin76,

Do you have a .sup sample where there's more subtitles? I mean, not a forced subs, but one where there are lots of text Wink

Thanks in advance

blinkseb Wrote:liquidskin76,

Do you have a .sup sample where there's more subtitles? I mean, not a forced subs, but one where there are lots of text Wink

Thanks in advance

Yeh, no problem. I'll upload one later.

Cheers

Seb,

Here you go...

http://www.mediafire.com/?4vsdhqg1dmgl681

Full .sup subs for you to test!

Cheers

- liquidskin76 - 2010-09-05

blinkseb Wrote:Yep, that's what I see, and "... 60 years later" is fading, so I guess it's pretty awesome Big Grin

Using ffdshow, nothing appears on the screen. Others subtitles work, but not .sup Sad

Hey seb,

Just tested the fellowship fading .sup subs. They are not quite there yet! The section '...60 years later should fade in and appear along side the first bit 'The Shire', to read in full 'The Shire ...60 years later'.

At the moment 'The Shire' disappears, the '...60 years later' fades in in it's place.

The get it working with ffdshow dxva, i had to change the 'smoothing method' option (under the Blu-ray and DVD section) to 'Full (Slowest)'.

If you get them working in ffdshow, you'll see the correct behaviour.

Also, in latest build, mkv chapter seeking is off again! When seeking, it hits the chapter point, then skips back a few frames, then resumes. It was perfect in build 33492.

Thanks

- blinkseb - 2010-09-05

Oh yeah! It was a long & hard day of work, but it gets better every seconds!
I hope you'll tell that the positionning is right ! There's still a lot of work to do, but it seems rather great Smile

EDIT: You can see the animation here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLoAC_94wzk
Is it ok?

EDIT2: Everything should be working in my last commit. Feel free to test and report Smile
(My work also fix issues with embedded pgs stream, because of shared code!)

- liquidskin76 - 2010-09-05

Now that looks spot on!! Well done mate.

I'll compile and test in a min.