Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Katmai - 2010-11-26

Hi all,

I was trying to play some movies with the last build of dsplayer (Rev34469) and every time i tried i got an access violation, the exact line of the error was (extracted from logs):

16:09:45 T:1388 M:1254551552 ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Access violation at 0x009eac03: Writing location 0x00ca27dc

I debugged the application until it found the exception and found that it was a SSE2 instruction.

I'm running dsplayer with an AthlonXP and it doesn't support SSE2 instruction, are you planning any version that doesn't use that set of instructions ? i would love to use dsplayer because i find it awesome.

Excuse my poor english

Currently i'm using Windows XP SP2 on an AthlonXP 3200+ 1.5GB Ram

Thanks in advance

FFDShow subtitles patch - albain - 2010-11-30

Hi,

I have finished to develop ffdshow subtitles integration into DSplayer

Here is a link to the patch

Modifications done :
- By default, MPC subtitles engine is used
- When enabled (see below), and if ffdshow is loaded, ffdshow subtitles engine will support subtitles streams switching and subtitles delay setting

To enable FFDShow engine, edit the mediasconfig.xml and add a subtitles entry
Quote: <rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
<subtitles filter="ffdvideodec"/>

To be done :
- Font settings (size, font family...)
- Separate external subtitles (subtitle files) from internal (for now in the same list)

I have tested it with the latest revision

- m0bbed - 2010-12-01

Hi albain,
does your subtitle patch mean that it is now possible to set "show subtitles" to "off" and the subtitle streams which are flagged "yes" in mkvmerge are shown properly?

Because this is my only problem with dsplayer. This subtitle problem was fixed in the dharma release some weeks ago.

Can you tell me how to install the patch correctly?

- blinkseb - 2010-12-01

m0bbed Wrote:Hi albain,
does your subtitle patch mean that it is now possible to set "show subtitles" to "off" and the subtitle streams which are flagged "yes" in mkvmerge are shown properly?

Because this is my only problem with dsplayer. This subtitle problem was fixed in the dharma release some weeks ago.

Can you tell me how to install the patch correctly?

No, the purpose of the patch is totally different. Like said an hundred times before, forced subtitles *can't* be used with DirectShow. Only the splitter has access to that informations, and there's no way to pass it to dsplayer.

- m0bbed - 2010-12-01

Oh, sorry then for my noob question.
Unfortunately Dsplayer will be no choice for me. I tried it because I wanted to bitstream HD sound with my GT430. This works fine!

Hmm,
so I have to decide what is more important for me. Forced Subs or HD sound...

Another noob question:
Quote:forced subtitles *can't* be used with DirectShow
would it work if ffdshow is used in DSplayer instead of DirectShow?

This subtitle issue is very important for me. Most of my movies have a forced flag (forced sub stream). I don't want to put it on manually or put sub off manually. MPC-HC does this also without any problems.

- blinkseb - 2010-12-01

m0bbed Wrote:Oh, sorry then for my noob question.
Unfortunately Dsplayer will be no choice for me. I tried it because I wanted to bitstream HD sound with my GT430. This works fine!

Hmm,
so I have to decide what is more important for me. Forced Subs or HD sound...

Another noob question:

would it work if ffdshow is used in DSplayer instead of DirectShow?

DirectShow and ffdshow are two separate things. DirectShow is a feature of Windows allowing media playback. ffdshow is a codec, implementing DirectShow features.

Quote:This subtitle issue is very important for me. Most of my movies have a forced flag (forced sub stream). I don't want to put it on manually or put sub off manually. MPC-HC does this also without any problems.

mpc-hc does not handle forced subs, but it handles default subs, as well as dsplayer. If you disable subs in mpc-hc, subtitles won't appear.

- m0bbed - 2010-12-02

Quote:mpc-hc does not handle forced subs, but it handles default subs, as well as dsplayer. If you disable subs in mpc-hc, subtitles won't appear.
yes that's correct. But you have to start the movie and then disable subtitle. Default setting in MPC-HC is working this way:

Forced flagged subtitle is shown automatically --> for foced subs (some parts of the movie)
no subtitle is shown, if every stream is set to "no" in mkvmerge --> for normal subs in the whole movie

this also works perfect in the dharma version, but not in the DSP version. Here it is as explained here:
Subs off --> no subtitle streams are shown (both normal and forced)
Subs on --> if the movie contains subs then the first stream is shown (this would be ok for Forced subtitle stream but not wanted for a normal sub stream)

I hope now it is mor clear

- steelman1991 - 2010-12-02

As Seb stated, mpc-hc DOES NOT recognise the 'forced flag' from an mkv file, but merely loads a subtitle, where a default one exists ie if you have 3 subs, in the order
  • English - Default
  • English - Forced
  • French - Default, or on
Then mpc-hc will play the English default track and ignore the other 2, unless you actually physically choose one of the others.

If your forced subs are the default or only subs, then mpc-hc will play them and perhaps it is this action that you are seeing - they definitely don't recognise and load files where the 'forced flag' has been set. As far as I know this a known issue with Direct Show filter subs.

XBMC natively however, does recognise the 'forced flag' and plays it as default, irrespective of the existence of other embedded subtitles.

- m0bbed - 2010-12-02

Thats interesting, becaus MPC-HC on my pc plays the forced flagged sub even when the stream is in the middle. I also can switch the subtitles by clicking on "navigate --> Subtitle".

Something is wrong on my PC and my MPC-HC? but what? The good thing is that everything works fine on my pc.

- steelman1991 - 2010-12-02

m0bbed Wrote:Thats interesting, becaus MPC-HC on my pc plays the forced flagged sub even when the stream is in the middle. I also can switch the subtitles by clicking on "navigate --> Subtitle".

Something is wrong on my PC and my MPC-HC? but what? The good thing is that everything works fine on my pc.
If its playing the forced sub its because that is set as the default track. Its not the position or name of the subtitle that is relevant but the 'default' setting within the mkv file - open one with multiple sub streams in MKVMerge and have a look at what each sub stream command shows regarding the default setting.

I'm not 100% sure but I think if there is one or more track tagged as default then it uses them in place order.

- m0bbed - 2010-12-02

O.k but in my case all of my mkv's are tagged correct. Only one file is
Default Track flag: "yes" + Forced Track Flag: "yes"

All other subs are:
Default Track flag: "no" + Forced Track Flag: "no"

This is working both in MPC-HC and XBMC Dharma. Not working with DSplayer

- Malexx - 2010-12-02

some noob question -
is it possible to use MAdVR in Dsplayer?
Searched the Forum but couldnt find an answer.
Thanks in advance ...

- sergiocos - 2010-12-02

Malexx Wrote:some noob question -
is it possible to use MAdVR in Dsplayer?
Searched the Forum but couldnt find an answer.
Thanks in advance ...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=632288&highlight=madvr#post632288

- gav1577 - 2010-12-02

Great job albain on the patch. Let me be the first to say thanks Smile

- tschi - 2010-12-03

lavfsplitter get some nice upgrade since 1.0 like support of Arcsoft Audio HD for DTS HD decoding and smart stream pre-selection based on language, flags and quality (in 1.1)
AFAIK lavfsplitter share some code with DSPlaye, do you plan to update internal splitter ?
Thanks Albain for the patch and thanks Tiben and Blinkseb, can't wait for the next build.
If I could make a request for a future, it would be a renderer with a YUV->RGB computation in 16bits with dithering RGB 8bits output as madVR.