Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- >>X<< - 2010-12-03

As far as I'm aware mkv always use text based subs and they don't support what are known as Forced subs, forced subs means one subtitle stream that can provide full English and English on foreign parts the later are what contain the forced flag within the full English stream

Text based subs you have to have two streams one that has full English and one that has English on foreign parts only the later being the default track

Of course this applies to all languages I just use English as an example

I've demuxed subtitles from lots of mkv where people have mention forced subs and I never seen forced subs yet but two separate streams

- liquidskin76 - 2010-12-03

>>X<<' Wrote:As far as I'm aware mkv always use text based subs

MKV supports all sorts of subs, like .SUP (BD .PGS) and SUB/IDX. Both are image based.

>>X<<' Wrote:and they don't support what are known as Forced subs, forced subs means one subtitle stream that can provide full English and English on foreign parts the later are what contain the forced flag within the full English stream

It does, just not in the same way as BD disc.

A Blu-ray disc has a PGS (.sup) subtitle file. Certain subtitles within that subtitle file are then marked as forced. Hence you have a single subtitle file, servicing both full and forced subtitles.

With an MKV, you'll always need the forced subs as a separate file. Hence the reason why when you demux an existing MKV, you may see 2 possible separate subtitles files, one providing full subs and one providing forced subs.

Whats being refered to here is a separate subtitle file, flagged within MKVMerge as 'forced'. If a player can read that flag, then it will always play that subtitle file, regardless of whether subtitles in general are disabled.

As tiben and seb have mentioned, the splitter is the only thing can read and pass that flag info to the player. DSPlayer's internal splitter could support this (it's on the to-do list i believe... i hope Wink) however MPC Matroska Splitter does not (and will not as it's nearing the end of it's life... to be replaced by LAVF Splitter).

Cheers

- Zodler - 2010-12-05

I have the latest built and I can't play WMV files with DSplayer. All the filters are registered and configured already by DSplayer and I can play those files in zoomplayer or the default player. here is my log, please help
http://pastebin.com/X4dsc3j2

22:43:55 T:11880 M:1268371456 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "WM ASF Reader" to the graph
22:43:55 T:11880 M:1268367360 ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the splitter
22:43:55 T:11880 M:1268367360 ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
22:43:55 T:11880 M:1268367360 INFO: CDSGraph::SetFile Elapsed time: 248.75ms
22:43:55 T:11880 M:1268367360 INFO: CDSPlayer::OnStartup Elapsed time: 269.27ms
22:43:55 T:11880 M:1268367360 DEBUG: Thread 11880 terminating
22:43:55 T:2436 M:1268375552 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: PlaybackStopped from xbmc
22:43:55 T:2436 M:1268342784 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [D:\loc Data\Downloads\NZB\Movie.wmv]
22:43:55 T:2436 M:1268342784 DEBUG: Playlist Player: no more playable items... aborting playback

- Mallet21 - 2010-12-09

Damn. Page 4??

Since it appears DSplayer isn't in XBMC's immediate plans.... I'm just checking to see if DSplayer development was going to continue in parallel so-to-speak with XBMC going forward. Would love to see a compiled release when Dharma goes final.

- steelman1991 - 2010-12-09

It is planned that DSPlayer will move to a nightly release when Dharma is released.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-12-09

And it will be kept in sync with XBMC svn.

Cheers

- Roby.one - 2010-12-09

Given the widespread problems with the current core player at the base of xbmc to reproduce correctly the old divx, I think that project will be implemented immediatly in new Dharma release!

- Viald - 2010-12-09

roby.one Wrote:given the widespread problems with the current core player at the base of xbmc to reproduce correctly the old divx, i think that project will be implemented immediatly in new dharma release!

+1 ! Smile

- ashlar - 2010-12-09

liquidskin76 Wrote:And it will be kept in sync with XBMC svn.

Cheers
Who's gonna take care of that?

My understanding is that merges will happen so the dsplayer nightly builds are kept in sync with the svn/trunk build. Is that right tiben/seb?

So far seb has been performing manual merges every so often.

Cheers

- ashlar - 2010-12-09

liquidskin76 Wrote:My understanding is that merges will happen so the dsplayer nightly builds are kept in sync with the svn/trunk build. Is that right tiben/seb?

So far seb has been performing manual merges every so often.

Cheers
From reading what's on the homepage I doubt that that is gonna happen. I hope to be wrong... but " it was decided that it isn’t a priority for inclusion in core XBMC at this time." doesn't live much hope...

- steelman1991 - 2010-12-09

You're right and I don't think liquidskin is saying that DSPlayer will be included with core XBMC (which from my reading it won't), merely that the DSPlayer builds will be linked to svn builds at the time of the build.

I think we will see two branches - core xbmc and DSPlayer branch with whatever the current svn is as its base.

Yea, it will still be separate branches (dsplayer wont be included with the trunk), however the dsplayer branch will be kept in sync with the trunk branch via regular merges (trunk to dsplayer), just so that when it is finally included with a future release, there won't be problems with dsplayer having been developed on an older version of xbmc.

- ashlar - 2010-12-09

Ok, cool. I get it. Thanks for the explanation.

- Mallet21 - 2010-12-09

liquidskin76 Wrote:Yea, it will still be separate branches (dsplayer wont be included with the trunk), however the dsplayer branch will be kept in sync with the trunk branch via regular merges (trunk to dsplayer), just so that when it is finally included with a future release, there won't be problems with dsplayer having been developed on an older version of xbmc.

Great news.....Thanks !!