Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Obi Have - 2010-12-10

I had been running an older version of DS player and had issues with the scrapers so I decided to upgrade to the newest version. With the newest version the GUI elements that show during playback (info, title, control widgit) seem to change resolutions at random. The movie playback and audio are perfect though. Any ideas on a fix?

- sentinel41 - 2010-12-11

I'm using r33619 and it's been mostly working the way it should for the last few months. I'm just checking in to make sure that there isn't anything I need to change or update atm. From what I've gathered once the stable release of XBMC is out you guys are going to be making normal release to keep this branch up to date but until then I should keep what I have going. Does that sound about right?

- steelman1991 - 2010-12-11

Yes

- alexrose1uk - 2010-12-12

Have to admit I'm a little dissapointed that DSPlayer won't be making it into the main releases any time soon, as I've seen at least few videos now that play fine (at least in terms of video) on MPC-HC and DSplayer, but glitch, show artifacts, stall for a few seconds or stutter on DVDPlayer.

XBMC is so close to perfect for me now in terms of GUI and android remote, its frustrating for the actual player component to be decent, but inferior to the standalone, also free, alternatives. I'd imagine Tiben/Seb must be a little dissapointed the project is no longer considered a priority.

On the plus side at least soon we will be getting regular releases of DSPlayer, I'm planning to switch over as soon as the next release comes out, as it should have bug fixes for the issue that prevented me for trying it out properly previous Smile

- sentinel41 - 2010-12-19

I know a lot is likely going to change once the new version gets released but I wanted to ask if anyone else ran into a problem with subtitles. For some reason subs will work normally but at random points won't display the subs at all. It pops up from time to time and it's always at the same points in the video. If I play the same file using VLC or MPC it works, I just have this problem with XBMC. I haven't tested it with the original player yet. Has anyone run into this problem before?

- therealjoeblow - 2010-12-19

Dharma is out! When/where are the long awaited/promised nightly builds going to be made available?

It's been tooooooo long since there have been regular testing builds available that will hopefully fix some of the long standing issues.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- blinkseb - 2010-12-19

therealjoeblow Wrote:Dharma is out! When/where are the long awaited/promised nightly builds going to be made available?

It's been tooooooo long since there have been regular testing builds available that will hopefully fix some of the long standing issues.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

Eheh, let us switch to git first, than i'll have a talk to get dsplayer nightly build Wink

- Nitehawk - 2010-12-20

They say:
...Hardware acceleration has been added in windows (Vista or 7) via DXVA2...

Did they integrate DSplayer now??

- tiben20 - 2010-12-20

Nitehawk Wrote:They say:
...Hardware acceleration has been added in windows (Vista or 7) via DXVA2...

Did they integrate DSplayer now??
its just a misstatement. It should be Hardware Acceleration via media foundation.
Dsplayer integrate hardware acceleration via directshow.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-12-20

blinkseb Wrote:Eheh, let us switch to git first, than i'll have a talk to get dsplayer nightly build Wink

Thanks Seb, I'm dying here since upgrading to a test build a couple of months ago, playback has not been anywhere near as smooth and stable as it was with 28016, but I can't go back now because my library won't be compatible and it's way too large to rescrape. I've been trying to patiently hang on for a new build but it's getting harder and harder.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- steelman1991 - 2010-12-20

tiben20 Wrote:its just a misstatement. It should be Hardware Acceleration via media foundation.
Where does it say this?

- Nitehawk - 2010-12-20

tiben20 Wrote:its just a misstatement. It should be Hardware Acceleration via media foundation.

Whats does DSPlayer have more to offer then??

- dlmh - 2010-12-20

Nitehawk Wrote:Whats does DSPlayer have more to offer then??

Using ffdshow audio filters, you can playback HD audio formats.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-12-20

Nitehawk Wrote:Whats does DSPlayer have more to offer then??

Like any directshow player, the ability to use any codec you like. For example, ffdshow for audio, allowing HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD) bitstreaming.

Also, i find performance is slightly better.

[EDIT:] dlmh... you beat me to it! Wink

- tubby - 2010-12-20

liquidskin76 Wrote:The ability to use any codec you like. For example, ffdshow for audio, allowing HD audio (TrueHD/DTS-HD) bitstreaming.

Also, i find performance is slightly better.

[EDIT:] dlmh... you beat me to it! Wink

When it works performance is significantly better. But my experience with the dsplayer xbmc is that it is really really buggy. The one thing i like about it is that i can adjust the sound delay in ffdshow to make my hd video in sync with the sound with adjust refresh rate on. It has taken some tweaking but its a functional workaround. Well sort of... Dsplayer is really buggy in alot of other areas. Sometimes my music files work... Sometimes they don't. Sometimes my sd videos play fine sometimes the video freezes and the sound goes on. Sometimes the video plays supper fast while the audio plays at the right speed.