Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- liquidskin76 - 2010-12-20

tubby Wrote:When it works performance is significantly better. But my experience with the dsplayer xbmc is that it is really really buggy. The one thing i like about it is that i can adjust the sound delay in ffdshow to make my hd video in sync with the sound with adjust refresh rate on. It has taken some tweaking but its a functional workaround. Well sort of... Dsplayer is really buggy in alot of other areas. Sometimes my music files work... Sometimes they don't. Sometimes my sd videos play fine sometimes the video freezes and the sound goes on. Sometimes the video plays supper fast while the audio plays at the right speed.

Appologies... i'm using the most uptodate build (that i compiled), that has allot more bug fixes, plus is a more uptodate merge with the trunk.

As the most recent build posted on the download link is older, there may well be other problems that are dsplayer or were trunk related. Not sure?

Hopefully everyone will be in for a treat when the nightly builds kick in and you get the most uptodate build!

- alexrose1uk - 2010-12-20

Hahah yeah can't wait for the new build Smile

(As long as it doesnt retain the annoying issues with the http event server that the SVN Dharma betas had for a little while).

- oldpainless - 2010-12-20

Hows tricks guys?....it's been a while....looking forward to trying a new cut.

Seb/Tiben - hope you guys are well...any thoughts on an eta for the next release?

Cheers.

K

- tiben20 - 2010-12-21

oldpainless Wrote:Hows tricks guys?....it's been a while....looking forward to trying a new cut.

Seb/Tiben - hope you guys are well...any thoughts on an eta for the next release?

Cheers.

K
blinkseb since the start is providing the release. It's also him who talked to the team about the build. I'm not sure what is the status about this, i only know that seb is in exam session at school he might be really busy right now.

- tocinillo - 2010-12-21

Amazing work guys1

I hope that you release the new version soon!

- oldpainless - 2010-12-21

tiben20 Wrote:blinkseb since the start is providing the release. It's also him who talked to the team about the build. I'm not sure what is the status about this, i only know that seb is in exam session at school he might be really busy right now.

Ok thanks Tiben...hope he does well in his exams.

K

EDIT - Tiben...if Seb is too busy with exams and stuff, and as Dharma is out, would you object if someone complied a build and posted here?...at least it would get the ball rolling.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-12-21

oldpainless Wrote:Ok thanks Tiben...hope he does well in his exams.

K

EDIT - Tiben...if Seb is too busy with exams and stuff, and as Dharma is out, would you object if someone complied a build and posted here?...at least it would get the ball rolling.

Please do! I'm dying for a new build here for the past few months!

cheers
The REAL Joe

- therealjoeblow - 2010-12-21

Nitehawk Wrote:Whats does DSPlayer have more to offer then??

using ffdshow as a video decoder with lanczos resizing will kick the crap out of any other decoder in terms of picture quality and visible improvement on 42" or larger displays there's no comparison.

The REAL Joe

- tiben20 - 2010-12-21

therealjoeblow Wrote:using ffdshow as a video decoder with lanczos resizing will kick the crap out of any other decoder in terms of picture quality and visible improvement on 42" or larger displays there's no comparison.

The REAL Joe
You are using xp or higher?
If its only for ffdshow video i already have a piece of code that replace the dvdplayer decoder to ffdshow with the evr.

- oldpainless - 2010-12-21

therealjoeblow Wrote:Please do! I'm dying for a new build here for the past few months!

cheers
The REAL Joe

Well, I would, but have no idea how to complie. I guess I was asking Tiben if he would give his blessing as dharma is now out, and if he did, I can bet someone would post the latest build here in a hearbeat.

So, I guess it's for Tiben to say yes or no.

K

- WhiningKhan - 2010-12-21

tiben20 Wrote:You are using xp or higher?
If its only for ffdshow video i already have a piece of code that replace the dvdplayer decoder to ffdshow with the evr.

Now that does sound interesting.

- tocinillo - 2010-12-22

oldpainless Wrote:Well, I would, but have no idea how to complie. I guess I was asking Tiben if he would give his blessing as dharma is now out, and if he did, I can bet someone would post the latest build here in a hearbeat.

K

+1 please, can someone would post the latest official build (dharma 35665) + the latest dsplayer (34469)?

Regards!

- steelman1991 - 2010-12-22

oldpainless Wrote:Well, I would, but have no idea how to complie. I guess I was asking Tiben if he would give his blessing as dharma is now out, and if he did, I can bet someone would post the latest build here in a hearbeat.

K
Painless how's it going - nice to see you back with us - what you been up to?

I think part of the reason that Seb was reluctant to allow free distribution of a DS Player build was the inability to control the quality of the build and this in itself might have proven more problematic, than errors in the player itself. However I don't speak for the 'great men' (Seb and Tiben), though I'm sure should Seb agree, it wouldn't take long to get a new build up (that right Liquidskin Wink)

Anyway at this time I would like to take this opportunity to wish all users and developers a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

- oldpainless - 2010-12-22

steelman1991 Wrote:Painless how's it going - nice to see you back with us - what you been up to?

I think part of the reason that Seb was reluctant to allow free distribution of a DS Player build was the inability to control the quality of the build and this in itself might have proven more problematic, than errors in the player itself. However I don't speak for the 'great men' (Seb and Tiben), though I'm sure should Seb agree, it wouldn't take long to get a new build up (that right Liquidskin Wink)

Anyway at this time I would like to take this opportunity to wish all users and developers a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Hiya Steelman,

Thought I'd pop back and see what's what. What have I been upto?...well, hassling the PS3 scene dev/coders!..lol..they are trying to crack CFW, MKV and NTFS at the moment...so it's all going on - the PS3 is another one to watch on the media centre front....but will take another 3-6 months I guess.

Totally agree about the control issue...but, given it's been ages since the last cut, I can't see the harm in Tiben saying yes to one build at the moment....we are all gentlemen here....dsplayer is open source (I think), and the fact that this thread isn't plastered with user compiled builds should give Tiben and Seb comfort.

Anyway...enough of my whittering on....happy christmas.

K

- tiben20 - 2010-12-22

steelman1991 Wrote:Painless how's it going - nice to see you back with us - what you been up to?

Yeah its why i let seb do it. I did it for a couple of months because i was alone. I'm having much more interest in the new windows api (media foundation) at the moment. I have like 20 projects unfinished at the moment Tongue Sorry if its long just waiting for seb to come back so we can move on with this project.