Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- buzzqw - 2009-12-03

tiben20 Wrote:CGuiFontTTF is not related at all with the dsplayer its a class from xbmc which rendering font onto the direct3d surface. You could simply try to try it without debug if you get the same error

Well just taking it slower i guest. Evr renderer took me around 30 hours to make it work so considerating the number of days i took to make it work its fast

i have deactivate the automatic refresh change, and i got an IMAGE!

static.. but got something (while audio is perfect)
and information say about using h264 decoder (dvxa triggered)!

another sample plays for some seconds, the it quits (the same sample on mpc-hc is ok)

in log there isn't any error

BHH

- Tainted - 2009-12-03

This is weird. I was setting up the system and on the desk it played the videos fine.

Moved it to the plasma, setup sound to go over HDMI and things started getting funny.

For an XP based system what is most using. XP SP2 or XP SP3? I am using SP2 currently. windows installed + drivers + XBMCSetup-Rev24844-dx.exe

Pressed stop on Baraka-1080p which I have been playing the whole to gage fps and then I could hear I was at the menu but play controls were still up as I was in the sound menu via the player controls and it went weird?

Anyone here think Windows 7 is a btter option yet or still awhile to go?

- natethomas - 2009-12-04

XP is almost certainly the better option at present. Tiben is developing on it, so he's got a much better idea what to do with it.

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-04

tiben20 Wrote:Please note if your doing this there no point of using dsplayer because directvobsub is imcompatible with dxva

It isn't a waste though..
This filter is very usable for people who use CoreAVC with CUDA. This means you can have HW acceleration (CPU of 10-15%) with almost all files. Is VSfilter working with internal MKV subtitles? If that is the case, this will make many people happy 'till Tiben make subtitles possible.

Note: CUDA will work with subtitles, so it's a good tempoarily solution, although CoreAVC is not free and won't work with VC-1 and non-Nvidia cards...

- >>X<< - 2009-12-04

Dannydeman Wrote:It isn't a waste though..
This filter is very usable for people who use CoreAVC with CUDA. This means you can have HW acceleration (CPU of 10-15%) with almost all files. Is VSfilter working with internal MKV subtitles? If that is the case, this will make many people happy 'till Tiben make subtitles possible.

Note: CUDA will work with subtitles, so it's a good tempoarily solution, although CoreAVC is not free and won't work with VC-1 and non-Nvidia cards...

Yes it works with internal subs that whats being used in the screen shot as I said embedded

I actually use it with CoreAVC and zoom player so no doubt it will work here

- carmenm - 2009-12-04

Dannydeman Wrote:It isn't a waste though..

Do you think by modifying the xml we could make it so that it uses MPC codecs?

What about audio, can you get ac3 spdif?

reading "very usable" made me dream i could switch definitively to XBMC Big Grin

- >>X<< - 2009-12-04

carmenm Wrote:Do you think by modifying the xml we could make it so that it uses MPC codecs?

What about audio, can you get ac3 spdif?

reading "very usable" made me dream i could switch definitively to XBMC Big Grin

It does that by default Huh

- carmenm - 2009-12-04

>>X<<' Wrote:It does that by default Huh

Does what by default? use MPC? i wasnt sure as i cant get graphstudio to connect Confused

- tiben20 - 2009-12-04

carmenm Wrote:Does what by default? use MPC? i wasnt sure as i cant get graphstudio to connect Confused
I do use mpc video codec for file who require the codec for dxva. For the rest i did put ffdshow by default. I already coded a part of what is needed to control ffdshow directly from xbmc. But i didnt finished it yet.

Im actually fixing the bug that happen when you switch monitor or toggle fullscreen while playing. Its harder than i thought but im almost there.

- ashlar - 2009-12-04

tiben20, thanks for the continued effort. I took the liberty of advertising the need for developers in the MPC-HC thread on doom9. If the two projects (XBMC Windows/MPC-HC) could somehow cooperate tightly it would be, really, a marriage made in heaven. Big Grin

- carmenm - 2009-12-04

tiben20 Wrote:I do use mpc video codec for file who require the codec for dxva. For the rest i did put ffdshow by default. I already coded a part of what is needed to control ffdshow directly from xbmc. But i didnt finished it yet.

Im actually fixing the bug that happen when you switch monitor or toggle fullscreen while playing. Its harder than i thought but im almost there.

Thanks for everything you do. But i thought you were out of the project for a while ? Still very happy you are looking at bugs.

Now about audio, i am not at home right now and cant test last version, is it "very usable", last time i saw a post about it you were saying it was out of sync. I suppose it s not yet possible to use 3rd party codec like ffdshow audio?

- johoja - 2009-12-04

carmenm Wrote:Thanks for everything you do. But i thought you were out of the project for a while ? Still very happy you are looking at bugs.

Now about audio, i am not at home right now and cant test last version, is it "very usable", last time i saw a post about it you were saying it was out of sync. I suppose it s not yet possible to use 3rd party codec like ffdshow audio?

The sync issue was fixed, audio/video is in sync for me here.

There's an issue with multi audio stream files, you can't select which track you want yet.

- carmenm - 2009-12-04

so cool!

Amazing job tiben20

How do I enable S/PDIF passthrough? DTS/DB Digital plays as default stereo.

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes it works with internal subs that whats being used in the screen shot as I said embedded

I actually use it with CoreAVC and zoom player so no doubt it will work here

I'm experimenting with it. But subtitles will not load. Where can I edit VSfilter settings and stuff like that?

EDIT:

Added this to splitters, took the VSfilter.dll from the Community Combined Codec Pack, put it in the dsplayer folder:

<filter name="subtitles" type="splitter">
<path>VSFilter.dll</path>
<guid>{9852A670-F845-491B-9BE6-EBD841B8A613}</guid>
<alwaysload>1</alwaysload>
</filter>

What did I do wrong? Do I need to add it to the mkv filetype, and add a "," to the other splitter which is uses for videodecoding? Or anything else?

EDIT2:

Well tried everything I can. I see no subtitles. I don't know what is wrong though.