Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- therealjoeblow - 2010-12-22

tiben20 Wrote:You are using xp or higher?
If its only for ffdshow video i already have a piece of code that replace the dvdplayer decoder to ffdshow with the evr.

XP SP3 x86 - wouldn't mind trying that code, as long as it plays smooth without tearing.

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- blinkseb - 2010-12-22

oldpainless Wrote:Ok thanks Tiben...hope he does well in his exams.

K

EDIT - Tiben...if Seb is too busy with exams and stuff, and as Dharma is out, would you object if someone complied a build and posted here?...at least it would get the ball rolling.

Go for it I won't be able to do it before at least two weeks (my laptop just crashed houray!)

Just be careful of default settings (don't edit the xml files before building) and everything should be fine. It also need a merge but as always, no more laptop. Have fun guys, but beware : please don't break everything :p

- oldpainless - 2010-12-22

blinkseb Wrote:Go for it I won't be able to do it before at least two weeks (my laptop just crashed houray!)

Just be careful of default settings (don't edit the xml files before building) and everything should be fine. It also need a merge but as always, no more laptop. Have fun guys, but beware : please don't break everything :p

Thanks Seb - have a good xmas.

Right then....who wants to do a merge?..lol...also, if someone does a merge and compile, might be best to mark it an unofficial & dated dsplayer build...it will save headaches for Tiben and Seb.

K

- liquidskin76 - 2010-12-22

I'm trying now so will hopefully post a build via mediafire soon. Keep watching! Wink

Cheers

[EDIT] yep, the build i post will be unofficial and unsupported by seb and tiben. @seb/tiben... do you still want users to post bug reports from it?

- oldpainless - 2010-12-22

liquidskin76 Wrote:I'm trying now so will hopefully post a build via mediafire soon. Keep watching! Wink

Cheers

[EDIT] yep, the build i post will be unofficial and unsupported by seb and tiben. @seb/tiben... do you still want users to post bug reports from it?

Liquid...thanks, and thanks.

K

- tocinillo - 2010-12-22

liquidskin76 Wrote:I'm trying now so will hopefully post a build via mediafire soon. Keep watching! Wink

Cheers

Is the last build? 35665 (Final Dharma)?

Thanks in advance.

- steelman1991 - 2010-12-22

Cheers

Knew you would step up to the plate Big Grin You're the man.

- SlavikZ - 2010-12-22

I have my own 35288 build of DSPlayer with small patch from Changeset 35503 of trunc applied (this patch that solve Ticket #10754 ) If enyone is interesting - here it is: http://rapidshare.com/files/438775229/XBMCSetup-Rev35288-dx-patched.exe

- tocinillo - 2010-12-22

very very thanks!!!!!!! SlavikZ!!

¿Its posible to apply 35669 (latest revision of Dharma stable) patch in 35288 dsplayer build?

Thanks!

Regards.

- alexrose1uk - 2010-12-22

Thanks a lot Slavik; I'd rather have an up to date build or 'official' build before shifting to DSPlayer for primary use, but your build is still much newer than the other builds and should give me a decent opportunity to test to see if DSPlayer has lost the issues that prevented me switching.

Many thanks!

- SlavikZ - 2010-12-22

You're always can install test build to separate directory and run test version XBMC in portable mode in order to test it and don't destroy your stable XBMC profile.

As for me, I'm using my build for about 10 days on my Acer Revo HTPC - it works pretty well.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-12-23

Don't think i'm going to be able to merge, as there's loads of conflicting modifications. I don't know the code to correct them. We'll have to wait for seb. Sad

I was going to post build 35228 however SlavikZ has already posted.

- tiben20 - 2010-12-23

liquidskin76 Wrote:Don't think i'm going to be able to merge, as there's loads of conflicting modifications. I don't know the code to correct them. We'll have to wait for seb. Sad

Yeah if i'm the one doing it i would restart from dharma and directly incorporate the player in the branch. I'm use to it i did it over 50 times since the start of the project.

- blinkseb - 2010-12-23

liquidskin76 Wrote:Don't think i'm going to be able to merge, as there's loads of conflicting modifications. I don't know the code to correct them. We'll have to wait for seb. Sad

I'll try to do it this afternoon. However, I don't have Windows installed anymore, so I won't be able to build the project, only do the merge.

- ashlar - 2010-12-23

blinkseb Wrote:I'll try to do it this afternoon. However, I don't have Windows installed anymore, so I won't be able to build the project, only do the merge.
The fact you don't have Windows installed... does this mean you are stopping the development of DSplayer?