Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tocinillo - 2010-12-24

Thanks gav1577 and blinkseb, now I'm testing the new version...

- tocinillo - 2010-12-24

I have the same bug: XBMC does not detect DVD/CD disc insertion after XBMC is started.

With trunk version the detect DVD/CD disc work perfectly...

Anyone know how to fix it?

Regards.

- rickardkk - 2010-12-25

Wow!! Stability wise: a MAJOR improvement.

Bugs found (?) after a few hours of testing:

1. If you add a couple of videofiles to the playlist you can't stop until last is finished. Pressing the stop button, stops current but will continue on the next videofile in the playlist. Was like this in earlier official builds to.

2. If you pause a videofile and then browse for another videofile, current videofile will unpause and play for like half a second before new videofile is started. (like consuming the buffer or something)

3. SeekPercentage (via HTTP API) does not work (may be mentioned before?)

- tocinillo - 2010-12-25

The major bug is that XBMC does not detect DVD/CD disc insertion after XBMC is started.

Sad Any ideas to fix it?

- SpectreX - 2010-12-25

Still the same issue, DS Player can`t playback BR folder structures. MKV works fine.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-12-26

tocinillo Wrote:The major bug is that XBMC does not detect DVD/CD disc insertion after XBMC is started.

Sad Any ideas to fix it?

I wouldn't call it a 'major' bug, given that probably 90% of people use XBMC to play indexed content stored on harddrives or media servers, which is its primary purpose, and a very small minority actually use it as a disc (dvd) player.

There are other more pressing bugs to fix IMHO:

1) playback is *still* not prefectly smooth (WinXPSP3x86), it's *much* better than previous builds, but still not prefect like it was in 28016 - there is no tearing anymore; however there is still a problem with periodic judder and jerky frames - it's not huge, but it is there from time to time and when notices is very distracting (I checked the same files with ZoomPlayer and MPCHC with ffdshow, and the overlay mixer, and these are perfect, no jerks at all ever, but there are with the latest builds of DSPlayer)

2) OSD (for video and audio settings) jumps all over the place when shown while playing - it's been that way since the unstable vmr9 build that Tiben posted on passion a while back.

Otherwise I agree, this is a major improvement, but still not prefect unfortunately.

Happy Holidays to all by the way, and thank you so much for the continued efforts!

Cheers
The REAL Joe

- mbolhuis - 2010-12-26

@therealjoeblow

I experienced the same problems as you mentioned (see below) after upgrading to build 33619.

therealjoeblow Wrote:1) playback is *still* not prefectly smooth (WinXPSP3x86), it's *much* better than previous builds, but still not prefect like it was in 28016 - there is no tearing anymore; however there is still a problem with periodic judder and jerky frames - it's not huge, but it is there from time to time and when notices is very distracting (I checked the same files with ZoomPlayer and MPCHC with ffdshow, and the overlay mixer, and these are perfect, no jerks at all ever, but there are with the latest builds of DSPlayer)

2) OSD (for video and audio settings) jumps all over the place when shown while playing - it's been that way since the unstable vmr9 build that Tiben posted on passion a while back.

I fixed it by letting XBMC run in a fullscreen window rather then in true fullscreen. (in the system part of the settings). For me it resolved the playback and the OSD flickering. It worked for me in build 33619 and in this one.

Hope it will also help you.

Grtz

Maarten Bolhuis

- Obi Have - 2010-12-26

The new version seems to work fine with dvdplayer, but still when I use DSplayer anytime I have the GUI elements up they seem to change resolutions randomly. Any ideas on what is broken or where to look?

- Obi Have - 2010-12-26

mbolhuis Wrote:@therealjoeblow

I experienced the same problems as you mentioned (see below) after upgrading to build 33619.

I fixed it by letting XBMC run in a fullscreen window rather then in true fullscreen. (in the system part of the settings). For me it resolved the playback and the OSD flickering. It worked for me in build 33619 and in this one.

Grtz

Maarten Bolhuis

That may be my issue. I'll try it and see if it stops. If that is the issue any idea what a fullscreen fix would be?

- arairait - 2010-12-26

After a half of day I might find cause of the OSD issue (OSD not shown on pause and so on) and might fix it.
Here is the patch.
Code:
--- Z:/TEMP/Application.-revBASE.svn003.tmp.cpp    12 26 14:10:01 2010
+++ C:/Work/dsplayer/xbmc/Application.cpp    12 26 05:49:32 2010
@@ -1778,6 +1778,8 @@

g_graphicsContext.Lock();

+  g_windowManager.UpdateModelessVisibility();
+
   // dont show GUI when playing full screen video
   if (g_graphicsContext.IsFullScreenVideo())
   {

In my environment it works fine.

@seb,
If this is the right way and has no side effect, please apply the patch.

@liquidskin76, @tocinillo and other guys,
Try it if you can, please.
I tested this patch with many other quick dirty hacks. Because my windows is Japanese,
without these hacks compile and build fails due to codepage difference.Sad

- rickardkk - 2010-12-26

This one is new I think:

If you, while playing a video file, return to the home screen (Alaska) the videofile continues (you can hear the sound playing, as it should). But when you return to fullscreen video again, it will pick up where you left and "fast forward" to catch up with the sound.

- therealjoeblow - 2010-12-26

mbolhuis Wrote:@therealjoeblow

Grtz

Maarten Bolhuis

stops the flickering in the osd, but brings back wicked-bad tearing, so unusable...

The REAL Joe

- mbolhuis - 2010-12-26

therealjoeblow Wrote:stops the flickering in the osd, but brings back wicked-bad tearing, so unusable...

The REAL Joe

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't have any problems with tearing so can't help you there. Running XBMC in fullscreen window solved everything for me. You can't see the difference between real fullscreen and a fullscreen window. It is even more convenient because I run XBMC on my second screen (TV) so if I run XBMC in a window it doesn't minimize when I use my PC (other program) at the same time.

Grtz

Maarten Bolhuis

- blinkseb - 2010-12-26

arairait Wrote:After a half of day I might find cause of the OSD issue (OSD not shown on pause and so on) and might fix it.
Here is the patch.
Code:
--- Z:/TEMP/Application.-revBASE.svn003.tmp.cpp    12 26 14:10:01 2010
+++ C:/Work/dsplayer/xbmc/Application.cpp    12 26 05:49:32 2010
@@ -1778,6 +1778,8 @@

g_graphicsContext.Lock();

+  g_windowManager.UpdateModelessVisibility();
+
   // dont show GUI when playing full screen video
   if (g_graphicsContext.IsFullScreenVideo())
   {

In my environment it works fine.

@seb,
If this is the right way and has no side effect, please apply the patch.

@liquidskin76, @tocinillo and other guys,
Try it if you can, please.
I tested this patch with many other quick dirty hacks. Because my windows is Japanese,
without these hacks compile and build fails due to codepage difference.Sad

You're right, nice catch, that line was removed by the last merge. It's fixed locally, and I will commit in the next minutes.

EDIT: Commited

- gav1577 - 2010-12-26

blinkseb Wrote:You're right, nice catch, that line was removed by the last merge. It's fixed locally, and I will commit in the next minutes.

EDIT: Commited

Nice one arairait & Seb Smile

Edit:
I just compiled a build for myself Rev35694 and thought i would share if anyone wants it
it can be downloaded here http://www.mediafire.com/?9r3gi1j8d218p73
I removed the old out of date ffdshow from the installer as i no longer use it.
If you haven't got ffdshow installed you can get an up to date version from here http://www.xvidvideo.ru/ffdshow-tryouts-project-x86-x64/
As i mentioned before in my other post this is not an official dsplayer build so you may not get any support when using such a build.