Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- KRA77 - 2010-12-31

EDIT: SEEMS I FOUND A SOLUTION HERE http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=568860&postcount=3350

Ok, we are onto the next problem Sad

I cannot get dsplayer to play DTS sound directly via spdif.

The default setup (mkvsource,mkvsplitter,mpcvideodec,ffdaudiocodec) result in stuttering sound, it's just a big mess.

So I tried my new windows default:
Haali splitter with FFDShowDXVA and FFDshow Audio. This result in stuttering audio. Using the same setup in windows media player works fine. So the combination of filters and codecs that work in WMP does not work in dsplayer.

I tried to replace the FFD audio with MPA audio, but it defaults to stereo thus I get sound, and when I enable spdif for DTS there is no sound.

DTS passthrough also works fine with xbmc dvdplayer so I could use just that one for my DTS files. But I need to use the DSplayer as default. Is there a way to use DSplayer as default, and use dvdplayer for certain filetypes ? I tried as an example to remove MKV from the mediaconfig.xml, but that only resultet in the file not playing at all. I find it a little painful that you have to choose "play with". I would like it to be done automaticly. Can I somehow specify dvdplayer in mediaconfig.xml ?

Different audio render - mbolhuis - 2010-12-31

KRA77 Wrote:The default setup (mkvsource,mkvsplitter,mpcvideodec,ffdaudiocodec) result in stuttering sound, it's just a big mess.

I don't know anything about sound. I don't use spdif and DTS (still use 2.0 Sad). However I also noticed stuttering sound when I tried to adjust the audio render setting with DSplayer. There are (for me at least) a few options, default or the two sound-cards I use. But there are two versions of each.
  1. WaveOut (or just the name of the selected sound-card)
  2. Direct sound (or Directsound:"name sound-card")

These options are located in settings>video>DSplayer

If I use option 1 I get horrible stuttering sound. If I use option 2 it's gone.
Hope this helps.

BTW
The sound-card selection doesn't work for me. If I select the non-windows default sound-card DSplayer still uses the windows default. In DVD player you can also chose with sound-card you want to use and that works fine.
Is that a known problem or is it just me?

Grtz

Maarten Bolhuis

- KRA77 - 2010-12-31

I'm just lost now, I had it working great, then suddenly I get the same crappy quality with dsplayer as I get with dvdplayer. I have no idea what has changed. I'll call it for today now, look at it some other day. Thanks for your input Maarten Bolhuis

- alexrose1uk - 2010-12-31

Ok, just as a minor update to my issue, I haven't had any bitstream issues *touch...lots of wood* since moving from Microsofts HDMI audio driver to Nvidia's latest (1.1.13 or something similar); so hopefully it was simply a case of the microsoft driver being fine for WASAPI but not 100% in terms of software bitstream.

We shall see but Im hoping I dont have any further issues.
Thought I'd post incase anyone else has any similar issues at some point, thanks for trying to help out Realjoe!

Oh and if anyone does know if its possible to switch audio stream in dsplayer, that'd be great haha
If it isn't, it'd be great if Tiben/Seb could put a UI option in for it, so people who are using remotes like me can get to it Big Grin

- tocinillo - 2011-01-01

tiben20, is it possible to implement in the new directshow player the red / green lines (statistics) to control the judder?

And, any ideas to fix the optical drive detection bug? is really annoying....

Great work!

Regards.

- dexterward - 2011-01-01

tocinillo, you can enable the renderer stats :
osd menu ('M' when watching a movie) -> video settings -> renderer stats

- tocinillo - 2011-01-01

Yes, I'm talking about to the next directshow player developed by Tiben20.

UPDATE: I re-tested the bug and I confirm that the optical detection works PERFECTLY with Confluence skin (ONLY with this skin)...

- blinkseb - 2011-01-01

tocinillo Wrote:tiben20, is it possible to implement in the new directshow player the red / green lines (statistics) to control the judder?

And, any ideas to fix the optical drive detection bug? is really annoying....

Great work!

Regards.

Already there!

The optical drive detection is not high priority. We're focusing on the developement of the player, not the thing around it. When the player will be fully working, then we can start looking at the user experience Smile

- tocinillo - 2011-01-01

I'm fixed the bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is the includes_mainmenu.xml file (on Aeon). Just I deleted the text that refers to the "PLAY DVD" button that appears in home, and it works!!!!!

Now the optical drive is working in:

- Confluence (default).

- Any Aeon (with the Includes_MainMenu.xml modified).

I guess that in Alaska or other popular skin is similar. This I will work on other skins Smile

Heres is the file (for Aeon MQ2): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JA8TUH2J

Just put in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq.2\720p

Regards!

- ibvosko - 2011-01-02

The build I'm using: XBMCSetup-Rev35673-dx
Graphics Card / HDMI Bitstream Card: ATI 5670
Amplifier: Denon AVR-790
Windows 7 64 Bit
Intel Core i3-530

This is an amazing build, finally bitstreaming TruHD and DTS-MA in XBMC!

I just have 1 last problem, and then my search for the HTPC holy grail will be complete.

For some strange reason, Bluray 1080p MKV's that were originally in the MPEG 2 format will not play in DSPlayer. Strangely, I get HD audio, but no picture at all.
When I "Play Using" DVDPlayer, Video plays, but I don't get HD Audio.

After checking out tons of videos in my collection, this seems to be the only file type that doesn't play in DSPlayer.

This feels like a MPEG2 Codec issue within DSPlayer, but I have no idea how to fix.

Any suggestions for me?

Looking to play 1080p MKV of an MPEG2 Bluray (such as "Men Of Honor").

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Brian

- opeters - 2011-01-02

Is it possible to move the subs? I like to move them out of the black bars.
Do I need to change this in ffdshow, or is it possible to edit an XML file?

- tiben20 - 2011-01-02

ibvosko Wrote:The build I'm using: XBMCSetup-Rev35673-dx
Graphics Card / HDMI Bitstream Card: ATI 5670
Amplifier: Denon AVR-790
Windows 7 64 Bit
Intel Core i3-530

This is an amazing build, finally bitstreaming TruHD and DTS-MA in XBMC!

I just have 1 last problem, and then my search for the HTPC holy grail will be complete.

For some strange reason, Bluray 1080p MKV's that were originally in the MPEG 2 format will not play in DSPlayer. Strangely, I get HD audio, but no picture at all.
When I "Play Using" DVDPlayer, Video plays, but I don't get HD Audio.

After checking out tons of videos in my collection, this seems to be the only file type that doesn't play in DSPlayer.

This feels like a MPEG2 Codec issue within DSPlayer, but I have no idea how to fix.

Any suggestions for me?

Looking to play 1080p MKV of an MPEG2 Bluray (such as "Men Of Honor").

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Brian
graphstudio is the best way to figure it out.
First you register the filters in the xbmc folder/system/dsplayer(not sure about that but its really close to it if its not that.
You will see a lot of .ax those are the codecs that come with the installation and default config.
open command prompt to that folder and type regsvr32 matroskasplitter.ax im not sure of the file name but it should be close to this.
Get graphstudio insert that file with the mpc matroska splitter and find a filter setup that connect beetween each other. It could be the splitter that is too old xvidvideo.ru are providing the last standalone codecs.

- tiben20 - 2011-01-02

opeters Wrote:Is it possible to move the subs? I like to move them out of the black bars.
Do I need to change this in ffdshow, or is it possible to edit an XML file?
If your using ffdshow to display subtitle it can be done by opening the ffdshowvideo dialog. You have a tab in all the option you have called subtitle. If its the internal filter seb is the one who can answer that question i don't know if he coded that option for subtitle

- opeters - 2011-01-02

tiben20 Wrote:If your using ffdshow to display subtitle it can be done by opening the ffdshowvideo dialog. You have a tab in all the option you have called subtitle. If its the internal filter seb is the one who can answer that question i don't know if he coded that option for subtitle

Hi Tiben20, I will try to change the ffdshow config and see if that helps.
I was just wondering since i CAN change the subtitle size and font from within XBMC. But playing with the "Video Calibration" did not have any effect.

I noticed this XML file and was wondering if there exists a tag for subtitle position?

Renderersettings.xml
<renderersettings>
<subtitlessettings>
<TextureSize>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
</TextureSize>
<DisableAnimations>false</DisableAnimations>
</subtitlessettings>
</renderersettings>

- ibvosko - 2011-01-02

Thank you.... I'll try this out.

tiben20 Wrote:graphstudio is the best way to figure it out.
First you register the filters in the xbmc folder/system/dsplayer(not sure about that but its really close to it if its not that.
You will see a lot of .ax those are the codecs that come with the installation and default config.
open command prompt to that folder and type regsvr32 matroskasplitter.ax im not sure of the file name but it should be close to this.
Get graphstudio insert that file with the mpc matroska splitter and find a filter setup that connect beetween each other. It could be the splitter that is too old xvidvideo.ru are providing the last standalone codecs.