Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- opeters - 2011-01-02

opeters Wrote:Hi Tiben20, I will try to change the ffdshow config and see if that helps.
I was just wondering since i CAN change the subtitle size and font from within XBMC. But playing with the "Video Calibration" did not have any effect.

Ok I can change the position of the subs by changing the ffdshow settings.
Default this works on M2TS files since they use the ffdshow video codec.
However default for MKV's the MPC video codec is used. If I don't want to use the ffdshow codec for MKV's how can I change the position of the subs when using dsplayer?
Normaly the guisettings value's are used but they don't work for the subs:

guisettings.xml

<resolution>
<description>Windowed</description>
<subtitles>464</subtitles>
<pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
<overscan>
<left>0</left>
<top>0</top>
<right>720</right>
<bottom>481</bottom>
</overscan>
</resolution>

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-03

@seb/tiben,

With builds 35673 and 35228 i'm getting slight blockiness on playback when viewing up close. It's fine on 33619 (last official posted build) and mpc-hc, etc (using same filters).

Let me know if you need screens.

Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks

- uncertainty - 2011-01-03

liquidskin76 Wrote:@seb/tiben,

With builds 35673 and 35228 i'm getting slight blockiness on playback when viewing up close. It's fine on 33619 (last official posted build) and mpc-hc, etc (using same filters).

Let me know if you need screens.

Can anyone else confirm?

Thanks

I noticed that builds 35673, 35685 and 35694 (not official builds btw) all default to "nearest neighbor" under the "video scaling method" for OSD video options when using dsplayer. If I instead choose dvd player for viewing it defaults correctly to bilinear. I tried changing the nearest neighbor to bilinear but the changes dont save.

This is probably the cause of the blockiness I'm also seeing when I compare the older 33619 build of dsplayer that correctly has bilinear as default for "video scaling method". Hopefully someone can post a new build that defaults to bilinear.

Edit: The bilinear setting is saved correctly if you apply the changes to all movies.

- uncertainty - 2011-01-03

uncertainty Wrote:Wow, that was quick...Now I can apply shaders based upon video resolution....

Big Grin

BTW Im trying to have a shader rule in my mediasconfig.xml so that any SD avi has shader 18 applied and not HD. What would be the shader rule that applies shader 18 only to 480 material and not 720+?

Edit: I tried using "<shader id="18" videoresolution="480" />" but for some reason once I play one 480 material it applies the shader to 720 also. I have to reboot in order for the shader to not apply to 720 but then once I play any 480 material again it applies the shader to 720 material.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-03

uncertainty Wrote:I noticed that builds 35673, 35685 and 35694 (not official builds btw) all default to "nearest neighbor" under the "video scaling method" for OSD video options when using dsplayer. If I instead choose dvd player for viewing it defaults correctly to bilinear. I tried changing the nearest neighbor to bilinear but the changes dont save.

This is probably the cause of the blockiness I'm also seeing when I compare the older 33619 build of dsplayer that correctly has bilinear as default for "video scaling method". Hopefully someone can post a new build that defaults to bilinear.

Ah, that's it then. 'Nearest Neighbor' sucks! Of course i've tested that before and got blockiness. I remember now. Well spotted. Wink

Shame it's not holding the saved settings. We'll have to sit tight and wait for seb/tiben. Sad

Cheers

- gav1577 - 2011-01-04

liquidskin76 Wrote:Ah, that's it then. 'Nearest Neighbor' sucks! Of course i've tested that before and got blockiness. I remember now. Well spotted. Wink

Shame it's not holding the saved settings. We'll have to sit tight and wait for seb/tiben. Sad

Cheers

Mine saves ok using 35694 after applying set default for all movies :confused2:
However it was defaulted to nearest neighbour.

- gav1577 - 2011-01-04

uncertainty Wrote:Edit: I tried using "<shader id="18" videoresolution="480" />" but for some reason once I play one 480 material it applies the shader to 720 also. I have to reboot in order for the shader to not apply to 720 but then once I play any 480 material it agains applies the shader to 720 material.

Same for me too this has happened for as long as i can remember.

- alexrose1uk - 2011-01-04

Yeah I noticed the nearest neighbour thing too although that was as much by luck as anything else. Not sure why but i could swear mpchc set to fullscreen with bicubic active looked smoother than dsplayer with bicubic upclose but that could be my imagination.

I have had a couple of player crashes with the current build though. Not a huge number but mildly frustrating, its definitely the programme crashing as I can still shutdown Windows with the power button to trigger a soft off.(no keyboard attached)

Hopefully the next official build will resolve that, especially if I use whichever ffdshow build it comes bundled with.

- tiben20 - 2011-01-04

alexrose1uk Wrote:Yeah I noticed the nearest neighbour thing too although that was as much by luck as anything else. Not sure why but i could swear mpchc set to fullscreen with bicubic active looked smoother than dsplayer with bicubic upclose but that could be my imagination.

I have had a couple of player crashes with the current build though. Not a huge number but mildly frustrating, its definitely the programme crashing as I can still shutdown Windows with the power button to trigger a soft off.(no keyboard attached)

Hopefully the next official build will resolve that, especially if I use whichever ffdshow build it comes bundled with.
Yeah using directshow in an application that share the same direct3d device are quite complex to code. It's way more complex than mpc-hc.

- alexrose1uk - 2011-01-04

Yeah I don't doubt it, I only wanted to mention the crashes so they go on record; its not even an official build this latest one anyway, but if stuff's not reported its pretty hard to fix Smile

By smoother in MPC-HC with bicubic vs DSPlayer with bicubic I meant the picture though, as in how clear/well the filtering was working, not how it was running for the record, although as mentioned this could be me! It could just have been me, but the 720p file I was putting in just *seemed* a little smoother, (I'm using a 42" 1080p display) as though MPC-HC and bicubic was scaling it more effectively. I only really mentioned it because of the discussion liquid was having above anyway.

I can't exactly complain about DSPlayer, its obvious how much work you guys have already put in, especially as its off your back for the community, and all I can say is a big thanks for that, I'm sure its going to get better and better Nod

- natethomas - 2011-01-04

Blinkseb and Tiben, I pointed a user to the "latest release" thread for DSPlayer, but that doesn't seem to have been updated since September. Just curious if you guys wanted to do any updating or if I should XP folk to another thread.

Also, while on the topic of house cleaning, this thread has now reached 400 pages!!! It seems like searching through something like this would have to be absolutely impossible. Any interest in locking this one and opening a new one?

- oldpainless - 2011-01-05

Tiben....Seb....Huh.......nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,,,

K

well, on a lighter note....just partioned my hard drive with dual boot win7 and winxp just to use see what difference it makes running on xp these days.....have to say, all my high cpu isssue etc have gone under xp.

Tiben.Seb....thanks.

K

UPDATE - spoke to soon - video played once then got black or yellow screen....ahhhhhhhhhhhh

UPDATE 2 - fixed that...now off to fix tearing....

- alexrose1uk - 2011-01-05

Seb is extremely busy with exams (which is why we've only had a couple of unofficial DSPlayer builds since Dharma), and Tiben can't be here all the time Smile

alexrose1uk Wrote:Seb is extremely busy with exams (which is why we've only had a couple of unofficial DSPlayer builds since Dharma), and Tiben can't be here all the time Smile

?....why thank you for that......

K