Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- natethomas - 2009-12-04

carmenm Wrote:Thanks for everything you do. But i thought you were out of the project for a while ? Still very happy you are looking at bugs.

Shh. Tiben keeps threatening to take a break, but keeps working at it. It's better to just quietly accept his threats and hope he forgets about them by the next day.

- carmenm - 2009-12-04

I finally had the time to test it i am freaking happy!

It works pretty great for a very alpha version! I use mpc with ffdshow audio.

The greatest thing for me is that NVIDIA video settings apply so i can sharpen my image! It looks amazing on my projector Big Grin

Thank you so much!

- tiben20 - 2009-12-04

Dannydeman Wrote:I'm experimenting with it. But subtitles will not load. Where can I edit VSfilter settings and stuff like that?

EDIT:

Added this to splitters, took the VSfilter.dll from the Community Combined Codec Pack, put it in the dsplayer folder:

<filter name="subtitles" type="splitter">
<path>VSFilter.dll</path>
<guid>{9852A670-F845-491B-9BE6-EBD841B8A613}</guid>
<alwaysload>1</alwaysload>
</filter>

What did I do wrong? Do I need to add it to the mkv filetype, and add a "," to the other splitter which is uses for videodecoding? Or anything else?

EDIT2:

Well tried everything I can. I see no subtitles. I don't know what is wrong though.

Take a look at your log if its not saying anywhere failed to autoload you only have the wrong version

- CrazyIvan - 2009-12-05

tiben20 Wrote:LOL you know what is funny about that. My job is actually Butcher. So far away from coding!

Classic! You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! This is one of the best forum (on any site) threads I've read in a while. Only downside is the blood pressure getting up when reading comments from people with no respect for the efforts of others. I blame the parents Stare . I just picked up an Acer 1810T laptop for the wife that has an Intel GMA 4500MHD. It plays 1080P fine with MPC-HC and DXVA. This'll make it a great HTPC. Amazing what you can do with a cheap laptop these days...

We are not worthy. Big Grin

P.S. You really should change your nick to the "Butcher of XBMC", maybe some people will be nicer with their posts then Wink

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

Good new for the people who were asking the audio stream selection
I just got from a mkv sample this
Code:
anihls-akira-sample.mkv / English (Audio 1)
anihls-akira-sample.mkv / Japanese (Audio 2)
So the hard part is done i still have to implement it correctly into xbmc and the audio will be selectable from the gui !

- ashlar - 2009-12-05

tiben20 Wrote:Good new for the people who were asking the audio stream selection
Great!!! Nod

Noob depending on the kindness of strangers... - robbaroon - 2009-12-05

I am very new to XBMC and love what I’ve been able to do so far with it but have hit a stumbling block…
Specs:
Xp sp3
Nvidia High Def audio set as default in Windows
HDMI to receiver that will play every current audio format

Problem: XBMC default DVDPlayer plays audio properly, receiver plays DTS etc. correctly. DSPlayer sending 5.1 PCM to receiver but is actually only stereo.
I suspect this is a issue with filters/codecs and perhaps the fact that I don’t have any installed on the PC. If this is the case what is the bare minimum/best filter I can install that will let me pass the audio to my receiver in 5.1? If this is not the issue what can it be?
TIA

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

robbaroon Wrote:I am very new to XBMC and love what I’ve been able to do so far with it but have hit a stumbling block…
Specs:
Xp sp3

Problem: XBMC default DVDPlayer plays audio properly, receiver plays DTS etc. correctly. DSPlayer sending 5.1 PCM to receiver but is actually only stereo.
I suspect this is a issue with filters/codecs and perhaps the fact that I don’t have any installed on the PC. If this is the case what is the bare minimum/best filter I can install that will let me pass the audio to my receiver in 5.1? If this is not the issue what can it be?
TIA

Im aware of that i just didnt had any time to look into it

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-05

robbaroon Wrote:I am very new to XBMC and love what I’ve been able to do so far with it but have hit a stumbling block…
Specs:
Xp sp3

TIA

Look here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=449675&postcount=305

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-05

Hee >>X<<, mind sharing your VSfilter.dll? Maybe it solves my subtitle problem.
I unregistered DirectVobSub, so it cannot be in conflict with the VSplayer.dll in the DSplayer folder.
I use the version that comes with CCCP, are you using another version?

edit: Downloaded the latest version, still no luck...

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

Dannydeman Wrote:Hee >>X<<, mind sharing your VSfilter.dll? Maybe it solves my subtitle problem.

I dont think your actually aware of where vsfilter come from its a filter from mpc-hc trunk
here http://www.easy-share.com/1908632902/VSFilter.dll
from revision 1372 so its the latest version for the vsfilter

- robbaroon - 2009-12-05

tiben20 Wrote:Im aware of that i just didnt had any time to look into it

Oh, so it's not just something I'm doing wrong on my end, that's good to know, thanks!
Thanks also for your hard work making this new internal player work.

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-05

Used the file you uploaded, still no luck. This is my dsfilterconfig file:

<dsfilterconfig>
<filters>

<!-- Sources -->
<filter name="wmasfreader" type="source">
<guid>{187463A0-5BB7-11D3-ACBE-0080C75E246E}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="avisource" type="source">
<path>AviSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{CEA8DEFF-0AF7-4DB9-9A38-FB3C3AEFC0DE}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="flvsource" type="source">
<path>FLVSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{C9ECE7B3-1D8E-41F5-9F24-B255DF16C087}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="mp4source" type="source">
<path>MP4Splitter.ax</path>
<guid>{3CCC052E-BDEE-408A-BEA7-90914EF2964B}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="mkvsource" type="source">
<path>MatroskaSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{0A68C3B5-9164-4A54-AFAF-995B2FF0E0D4}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="mpegsource" type="source">
<path>MpegSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{1365BE7A-C86A-473C-9A41-C0A6E82C9FA3}</guid>
</filter>

<!-- splitters -->
<filter name="avisplitter" type="splitter">
<path>AviSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{9736D831-9D6C-4E72-B6E7-560EF9181001}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="flvsplitter" type="splitter">
<path>FLVSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{47E792CF-0BBE-4F7A-859C-194B0768650A}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="mp4splitter" type="splitter">
<path>MP4Splitter.ax</path>
<guid>{61F47056-E400-43D3-AF1E-AB7DFFD4C4AD}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="mkvsplitter" type="splitter">
<path>MatroskaSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{149D2E01-C32E-4939-80F6-C07B81015A7A}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="mpegsplitter" type="splitter">
<path>MpegSplitter.ax</path>
<guid>{DC257063-045F-4BE2-BD5B-E12279C464F0}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)" type="splitter">
<path>VSFilter.dll</path>
<guid>{9852A670-F845-491B-9BE6-EBD841B8A613}</guid>
<alwaysload>1</alwaysload>
</filter>

<!-- Video decoders-->
<filter name="mpcvideodec" type="videodec">
<path>MPCVideoDec.ax</path>
<guid>{008BAC12-FBAF-497B-9670-BC6F6FBAE2C4}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="ffdvideodec" type="videodec">
<path>ffdshow.ax</path>
<guid>{04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="mpeg2videodec" type="videodec">
<path>Mpeg2DecFilter.ax</path>
<guid>{39F498AF-1A09-4275-B193-673B0BA3D478}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="coreavcdec" type="videodec">
<path>C:\Program Files\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax</path>
<guid>{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}</guid>
</filter>

<!-- Audio decoders-->
<filter name="mpaaudiodec" type="audiodec">
<path>MpaDecFilter.ax</path>
<guid>{3D446B6F-71DE-4437-BE15-8CE47174340F}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="ffdaudiodec" type="audiodec">
<path>ffdshow.ax</path>
<guid>{0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}</guid>
</filter>
<filter name="wmaudiodecoder" type="audiodec">
<guid>{94297043-BD82-4DFD-B0DE-8177739C6D20}</guid>
</filter>

<!-- Video renderers-->
<!--<filter><filter/>-->
<!-- Audio renderers-->
<!--<filter><filter/>-->
</filters>
<rules>
<!-- Still need to add the renderers -->
<!-- TODO .mpg .m2ts -->
<rule filetypes="avi" source="avisource" splitter="avisplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="flv" source="flvsource" splitter="flvsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="mp4" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="mov" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="m4v" source="mp4source" splitter="mp4splitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="m2v" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="mpeg2videodec" audiodec="ffdaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="ts" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="mpeg2videodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="mpeg" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="mpg" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>
<rule filetypes="m2ts" source="mpegsource" splitter="mpegsplitter" videodec="mpcvideodec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="mkv" source="mkvsource" splitter="mkvsplitter" videodec="coreavcdec" audiodec="mpaaudiodec"/>

<rule filetypes="wmv" source="wmasfreader" videodec="ffdvideodec" audiodec="wmaudiodecoder"/>
</rules>
<config>

</config>
</dsfilterconfig>

Only added the CoreAVC stuff, and put the subtitle stuff in.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

hey ashlar im pretty sure your going to be happy to see this print screen from 2 minutes ago. Thank you for your support here your reward Tongue

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

danny Dont understand why you really want to use the subtitles with directvobsub when the dvdplayer really handling them nicely.