Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- blinkseb - 2011-01-08

oldpainless Wrote:Ok....where is the upcsaler setting?..may have missed that one

K

It's the usual one, with options like "nearest neightbourgh, bilinear" etc.

- oldpainless - 2011-01-08

blinkseb Wrote:It's the usual one, with options like "nearest neightbourgh, bilinear" etc.

I dont see any option for upscaler or anything similar....have I missed something?

K

- uncertainty - 2011-01-08

oldpainless Wrote:I dont see any option for upscaler or anything similar....have I missed something?

K

When playing a video bring up the OSD video options ("M") then you will see the "video scaling method" option.

- oldpainless - 2011-01-09

uncertainty Wrote:When playing a video bring up the OSD video options ("M") then you will see the "video scaling method" option.

Thanks...thats what I though he meant, but the only options I can ee are Nearest, Biliner, Biliner ps2, and bicubic (.60,.75 & 1.00)....unless these are called upscalers?

K

- uncertainty - 2011-01-09

oldpainless Wrote:Thanks...thats what I though he meant, but the only options I can ee are Nearest, Biliner, Biliner ps2, and bicubic (.60,.75 & 1.00)....unless these are called upscalers?

K

Yes, they are all upscalers. Bilinear seems to give the best bang for the buck (lower cpu overhead, decent upscale). Bicubic xx will offer abit better upscaled image but with a greater cpu load. The new non-official builds of dsplayer all default to nearest neighbor which is the worst. Make certain, after you select the upscaler, that you also apply settings for all movies or it will not save it.

- oldpainless - 2011-01-09

uncertainty Wrote:Yes, they are all upscalers. Bilinear seems to give the best bang for the buck (lower cpu overhead, decent upscale). Bicubic xx will offer abit better upscaled image but with a greater cpu load. The new non-official builds of dsplayer all default to nearest neighbor which is the worst. Make certain, after you select the upscaler, that you also apply settings for all movies or it will not save it.

Thanks buddy, as I figured. I guess the term "upscaler" had me scratching my head.

Still, with shaders 18 & 21, all is looking very, very good. Still get the odd crash, but I can live with that for the sake of the PQ.

K

- blinkseb - 2011-01-09

Hi guys, some update.

You can now follow dsplayer developpement here: https://github.com/blinkseb/xbmc, on the dsplayer branch (selected by default). I've already done the initial merge (took me two days, 1000+ conflicts Shocked), so you can right now clone it and build. You'll need to use git (bye bye svn Smile ), and clone my repository. Here a quick helping guide:

* install git. Two choices, TortoiseGIT or msysgit. I use msysgit, so the quick guide will use it Smile

* clone my repo:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/blinkseb/xbmc.git

* switch to the dsplayer branch:
Code:
git checkout -b dsplayer origin/dsplayer

* to update, just use:
Code:
git pull

You'll also find a section to report issue on github, please use it if you find some bugs, that would be great Smile I still need to talk with TheUni about nightly build, I will do it soon.

Thanks everybody for your support!

- gav1577 - 2011-01-09

blinkseb Wrote:Hi guys, some update.

You can now follow dsplayer developpement here: https://github.com/blinkseb/xbmc, on the dsplayer branch (selected by default). I've already done the initial merge (took me two days, 1000+ conflicts Shocked), so you can right now clone it and build. You'll need to use git (bye bye svn Smile ), and clone my repository. Here a quick helping guide:

* install git. Two choices, TortoiseGIT or msysgit. I use msysgit, so the quick guide will use it Smile

* clone my repo:
Code:
git clone git://github.com/blinkseb/xbmc.git

* switch to the dsplayer branch:
Code:
git checkout -b dsplayer origin/dsplayer

* to update, just use:
Code:
git pull

You'll also find a section to report issue on github, please use it if you find some bugs, that would be great Smile I still need to talk with TheUni about nightly build, I will do it soon.

Thanks everybody for your support!

Great work seb Nod much appreciated!

- steelman1991 - 2011-01-09

Cheers Seb - got Tortoise so will try later and see what happens. Keep the momentum going all the work by you and Tiben is appreciated.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-10

Hey Seb,

Well done mate. Thanks for all your hard work.

I've cloned, switched, and pulled from git (using TortoiseGit). I've built and all went ok, however the filename is now 'XBMCSetup-Rev-dx.exe'. Is that correct? It was handy having the revision number in the filename.

Also, when checking system info, it's not showing the revision number, only 'Git:Unknown'.

Cheers

[EDIT] also, on the video settings when playing, the Video Scaling Method isn't showing any entries. There just a blank space. The third line is also blank. Thanks!

[EDIT2] on the settings page, there an option for post processing. Is that for DVDPlayer only, or does it have a use for DSPlayer?

- oldpainless - 2011-01-10

Keep up the good work Seb.

K

- adiman - 2011-01-10

Hi folks,

Thank you for the excellent work ! I have an HTPC setup with Clarkdale & ATI HD5500 and have been trying to get DTS-HD MA to work with XBMC/Boxee so that I dont have to use TMT3 etc for BluRay rips.

Anyway, I followed the latest git instructions posted by blinkseb and got the branch to build on VS2010 - but wasn't able to get the .exe to run OR to get an installer created (path name issues - no idea why - followed the wiki).

So I've sorta given up on getting it to build and run for the day -if anyone here as been able to compile the latest version, please do post the link to the installer !

Will be happy to test it and report my findings.

Thanks !

- blinkseb - 2011-01-10

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey Seb,

Well done mate. Thanks for all your hard work.

I've cloned, switched, and pulled from git (using TortoiseGit). I've built and all went ok, however the filename is now 'XBMCSetup-Rev-dx.exe'. Is that correct? It was handy having the revision number in the filename.

Also, when checking system info, it's not showing the revision number, only 'Git:Unknown'.

Cheers

There's actually no way to extract the git revision on Windows. WiSo or CrystalP are probably working on this already.

Quote:[EDIT] also, on the video settings when playing, the Video Scaling Method isn't showing any entries. There just a blank space. The third line is also blank. Thanks!

[EDIT2] on the settings page, there an option for post processing. Is that for DVDPlayer only, or does it have a use for DSPlayer?

* I'll look at the video settings, that's probably the lang strings which are missing
* That options has always be here :p Only concern dvdplayer, as it use ffmpeg postprocessing.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-01-10

blinkseb Wrote:I'll look at the video settings, that's probably the lang strings which are missing

Cool, cheers Seb.

- blinkseb - 2011-01-10

liquidskin76 Wrote:Cool, cheers Seb.

It's fixed on commit 352a6ba (https://github.com/blinkseb/xbmc/commit/352a6ba9d84c5f919c5c775971c5b1f887f37d86). Git revision extraction should also be working Smile