Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2011-01-27

XBMCSetup-Revda86f0f-dx.exe
I did a build from commit da86f0f303e5981e3f42b0ac53f6054cc4d865b1
The directshow implementation has no settings possible yet. Its mostly to let users trying it.
Its locked on the video codec. If you had crash with dsplayer before it won't be the same thing with that way. Instead of crashing its only going to use dvdplayer codec.
to get it working
1:you need ffdshow installed or mpcvideo codec registered.
They are tryed in that order ffdshow dxva, ffdshow and at last mpcvideocodec

for the audio codec it is working but it is still disabled to public unless you test it from visual studio. It is currently worked out by me with the testing of liquidskin76
It's only for testing i won't give many explanation on how to get it working.(I will when the settings code are added to xbmc)

- uncertainty - 2011-01-27

tiben20 Wrote:http://dsplayer.passion-xbmc.org/dscodec/click.php?id=1 XBMCSetup-Revda86f0f-dx.exe
I did a build from this commit https://github.com/tiben20/xbmc/commit/da86f0f303e5981e3f42b0ac53f6054cc4d865b1
The directshow implementation has no settings possible yet. Its mostly to let users trying it.
Its locked on the video codec. If you had crash with dsplayer before it won't be the same thing with that way. Instead of crashing its only going to use dvdplayer codec.
to get it working
1:you need ffdshow installed or mpcvideo codec registered.
They are tryed in that order ffdshow dxva, ffdshow and at last mpcvideocodec

for the audio codec it is working but it is still disabled to public unless you test it from visual studio. It is currently worked out by me with the testing of liquidskin76
It's only for testing i won't give many explanation on how to get it working.(I will when the settings code are added to xbmc)

Look forward to being a tester for ya...

- tiben20 - 2011-01-27

uncertainty Wrote:Look forward to being a tester for ya...
Go ahead you got a link to a setup build in my previous post

- alexrose1uk - 2011-01-28

Awesome stuff Tiben, I'll definately give this a try at the weekend. Got some files that don't play nicely with DVDPlayer standard, and others that crash DSPlayer so I should be able to test it from both sides Smile

I'm presuming as it uses the DVDplayer splitter and renderer, rather than EVR, we won't be able to use stuff like Bicubic filtering, but would be able to use FFDShow's filters; and right now it uses XBMC's WASAPI/Audioengine so all elements of the gui should work as per normal XBMC (not a bad thing as I use files with multiple language audio tracks, and as I don't have a card that streams HD right now, decoding or raw DD/DTS/DD+ passthrough is fine for me) Sorry if that sounds quite nooby!

The only set of files I can see any issues are, are one set I have where the subtitles show massively on XBMC, but play fine in everything else including DSPlayer...there's always something lol

- tiben20 - 2011-01-28

alexrose1uk Wrote:Awesome stuff Tiben, I'll definately give this a try at the weekend. Got some files that don't play nicely with DVDPlayer standard, and others that crash DSPlayer so I should be able to test it from both sides Smile

I'm presuming as it uses the DVDplayer splitter and renderer, rather than EVR, we won't be able to use stuff like Bicubic filtering, but would be able to use FFDShow's filters; and right now it uses XBMC's WASAPI/Audioengine so all elements of the gui should work as per normal XBMC (not a bad thing as I use files with multiple language audio tracks, and as I don't have a card that streams HD right now, decoding or raw DD/DTS/DD+ passthrough is fine for me) Sorry if that sounds quite nooby!

The only set of files I can see any issues are, are one set I have where the subtitles show massively on XBMC, but play fine in everything else including DSPlayer...there's always something lol
Currently yeah it is using the evr for rendering the video and the bicubic filter from dsplayer. The evr is completely different from dsplayer because i didn't wanted to duplicate the code for current renderer so im using a callback similar to the one used by dxva2. Basically the evr(enhanced video renderer) have the capability to render to direct3d surface. I also have in the code a way to do it without the evr but the other way can't use dxva.
for the subtitle ffdshow can do it if xbmc doesn't

- uncertainty - 2011-01-28

tiben20 Wrote:Currently yeah it is using the evr for rendering the video and the bicubic filter from dsplayer. The evr is completely different from dsplayer because i didn't wanted to duplicate the code for current renderer so im using a callback similar to the one used by dxva2. Basically the evr(enhanced video renderer) have the capability to render to direct3d surface. I also have in the code a way to do it without the evr but the other way can't use dxva.
for the subtitle ffdshow can do it if xbmc doesn't

I take it this also means no DXVA1 support?

Im currently running my HTPC on Win7 but my laptop uses XP. Guess it might be time to finally upgrade if dscodec will just be supporting DXVA2.

- darthy001 - 2011-01-28

tiben20:

Will there be a new thread for your new project or will you keep posting in this thread?

To put it mildly I am VERY eager to follow your work here so I dont want to miss anythingNod

Having a perfect implementation of XBMC which willlet me use ffdshow would be wonderful. Gitty like a schoolgirl hereWink

- nuane - 2011-01-28

I registered just to say thanks to all you guys. Keep up the awesome work.

- blinkseb - 2011-01-28

Many thanks for you support guys Smile

I'm still part of XBMC Team, don't worry, and I actually work on a build system for binary addons Smile

I suggest to move all the conversation concerning Tiben's work to a new thread in the Development forum, that's were it belong Big Grin

- trgraphics - 2011-01-28

I also wanted to say thank you for all the hard work!

- alexrose1uk - 2011-01-29

Hi Tiben,

Just whacked on the test build. Had to reinstall the latest version of FFDShow instead of Shark's to get it to pickup FFDshow, but its now working; or at least reporting Directshow.

That said, performance seems really poor [even on a normal dvd res music video mkv with flac audio), both normal DVDPlayer and DSPlayer were much better.

There might be something I need to setup in FFDShow or a conflict, but as it stands, I'm not dropping frames but its as though, despite reported framerate, video is being decoded at say half speed, or in judders, rather than fluidly, and even then I'm getting drops down to about 20fps.
I went into FFDShow's DXVA config utility and made sure DXVA 264/VC1 accelleration was chosen, so it shouldnt be that. The input file SHOULD decode smoothly in software, given its only 704x480, so I'm not sure if I can put it down to DXVA not being utilised, and CPU utilsation is supposedly only about 20-30% same as usual.

Any ideas where I've gone wrong and I'll be happy to test it out!
Not even sure a debug log would help here, as it is...technically...working.

- Darth B - 2011-01-31

I've just been catching up on the thread. Sad and disappointed to hear DSPlayer is longer in development. I just started using XBMC about 3 weeks ago. I started with Dhrama, but it didn't support HD bit streaming. Found the DSPlayer variant, installed it and have been using it ever since. Real nice work blinkseb and tiben.

Tiben I tried the test build - from the executable file - and it didn't work very well. No HD audio bitstreaming. It only used the FFDShow DXVA video decoder. Real slow and choppy. I really like the idea of being able specify which codecs to use. I've always had good luck with MPC-HC standalone filters for video and FFDShow for audio.

Keep up the good work.

- tiben20 - 2011-01-31

Darth B Wrote:I've just been catching up on the thread. Sad and disappointed to hear DSPlayer is longer in development. I just started using XBMC about 3 weeks ago. I started with Dhrama, but it didn't support HD bit streaming. Found the DSPlayer variant, installed it and have been using it ever since. Real nice work blinkseb and tiben.

Tiben I tried the test build - from the executable file - and it didn't work very well. No HD audio bitstreaming. It only used the FFDShow DXVA video decoder. Real slow and choppy. I really like the idea of being able specify which codecs to use. I've always had good luck with MPC-HC standalone filters for video and FFDShow for audio.

Keep up the good work.
The build is locked on to use only video. I almost got the audio renderer to be able to use hd audio streaming. The only problem where im confuse is the how i'm going to parse some required config to the renderer in a clean way. (this is really important to get the patch in xbmc trunk) Its really tricky to code in mutli platform development project that are that big. Hope i get another stroke of genius and complete it as soon as possible.

- alexrose1uk - 2011-02-01

Hi Tiben, got your PM, sorry I only peeked at the thread the last few days rather than logging in!

Will get back to you ASAP with the info you wanted, will install a portable build of the DSCodec branch and see if I can get graphstudio working. Seems like Darth B had the same performance issues as me though.

- alexrose1uk - 2011-02-02

Tiben, sent you a pastebin version of my debug log as requested.

I'm an absolute noob with graphstudio though (literally reading buttons and hitting them if it sounds like it might do something useful), so might need a bit of guidance on that to be able to provide you the report you wanted.