Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- robbaroon - 2009-12-05

>>X<<' Wrote:Look here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=449675&postcount=305

Yeah, I saw that post while I was searching around trying to solve this problem on my own. Currently I don't have MCP-HC on my computer. I did have it installed on a previous setup with it being used as my external player for MKV files. In that set up it still said PCM on my receiver but I was actually getting correct 5.1. What I'd like to avoid is the computer doing any processing on the audio and just let the receiver do the work like what I expect XBMC's internal DVDPlayer does. Is there just a single filter/codec out there that will let me just send the audio straight through or do I have to install MCP-HC or a codec pack?

I know a lot of my trouble is that I'm not that familiar with how these codecs/filters work so there's probably a simple solution out there but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to see it. If somebody has a link to someplace that can give me a basic overview of how they work and how to set them up I'd be happy to try to figure this out on my own.

Thanks!

- carmenm - 2009-12-05

Amazing job tiben20.
By the way just discovered that i only get stereo passthrough even for 5.1 or dts. All my settings are set to digital and it works with the default player.
Is it normal or is something wrong with my config?

anyway right now to put you player as default through advance settings?

Thanks

- natethomas - 2009-12-05

tiben20 Wrote:hey ashlar im pretty sure your going to be happy to see this print screen from 2 minutes ago. Thank you for your support here your reward Tongue
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9642/streamselection.jpg

Good job!

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-05

robbaroon Wrote:Yeah, I saw that post while I was searching around trying to solve this problem on my own. Currently I don't have MCP-HC on my computer. I did have it installed on a previous setup with it being used as my external player for MKV files. In that set up it still said PCM on my receiver but I was actually getting correct 5.1. What I'd like to avoid is the computer doing any processing on the audio and just let the receiver do the work like what I expect XBMC's internal DVDPlayer does. Is there just a single filter/codec out there that will let me just send the audio straight through or do I have to install MCP-HC or a codec pack?

I know a lot of my trouble is that I'm not that familiar with how these codecs/filters work so there's probably a simple solution out there but I'm just not knowledgeable enough to see it. If somebody has a link to someplace that can give me a basic overview of how they work and how to set them up I'd be happy to try to figure this out on my own.

Thanks!

What ever you do don't install a codec pack they are never needed Shocked

If a media player uses directshow filters codecs etc it gives you access to those filters normally on right click, this isn't currently an option here so you have to do it from another media player

Just use the zip version of MPC-HC and change the settings as in the link posted, select SPDIF then its just bitstreamed so your audio is completely untouched

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

carmenm Wrote:Amazing job tiben20.
By the way just discovered that i only get stereo passthrough even for 5.1 or dts. All my settings are set to digital and it works with the default player.
Is it normal or is something wrong with my config?

anyway right now to put you player as default through advance settings?

Thanks

The only config dsplayer request from xbmc config. IS THE CURRENT VOLUME. No matter if you put output on all speak or what ever the config you change in xbmc it wont do anything on the player because i didnt do it yet. You could try anything you want but the only way you will get it working its by waiting. Thats all

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-05

tiben20 Wrote:danny Dont understand why you really want to use the subtitles with directvobsub when the dvdplayer really handling them nicely.

Unless I am terribly wrong, I understood that using Dsplayer is no subtitles whatever file you use. Not internal/external. So for the time being, 'till you or the guy doing the MPC-HC subtitles thing for Dsplayer develops it, CoreAVC + Vsfilter is the only way to have subtitles and HW accelerated videos at the moment.

- Darkjasper - 2009-12-05

Absolutely love it. Watched a few videos last night with windows 7 on my single core amd and my ati 3850. Works great.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

>>X<<' Wrote:Just use the zip version of MPC-HC and change the settings as in the link posted, select SPDIF then its just bitstreamed so your audio is completely untouched
Im already ready to fix thats stuff.
Im not really sure on how to integrate those setting into xbmc.
Is there a xbmc setting that could fit with those setting ?

- uncertainty - 2009-12-05

Tiben not only have you added Dxva support within xbmc but you also have provided a much needed boost for the "masteraudio" development that has been stalled for the last 4 months. Thanks to you I now have real time AC3 encoding of my aac media using ffdshow...

kudos to you...Big Grin

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

uncertainty Wrote:Tiben not only have you added Dxva support within xbmc but you also have provided a much needed boost for the "masteraudio" development that has been stalled for the last 4 months. Thanks to you I now have real time AC3 encoding of my aac media using ffdshow...

kudos to you...Big Grin

Dont answer my question but ty Tongue

tiben20 Wrote:Im already ready to fix thats stuff.
Im not really sure on how to integrate those setting into xbmc.
Is there a xbmc setting that could fit with those setting ?

In xbmc the the analogue/digital setting controls whether its bitstreamed or PCM

Personally I like it the way it is because it gives you lots of freedom with audio and video codecs that can be used, would that still be possible if it was integrated more I mean if you didn't want to use mpc hc audio decoder for example but ac3 filter instead wouldn't it cause problems ?

I guess that's why you have access to filters in media players instead of options in the player itself ?

- carmenm - 2009-12-05

tiben20 Wrote:The only config dsplayer request from xbmc config. IS THE CURRENT VOLUME. No matter if you put output on all speak or what ever the config you change in xbmc it wont do anything on the player because i didnt do it yet. You could try anything you want but the only way you will get it working its by waiting. Thats all

I have no problem in waiting. Sorry if i upset you Confused

- xbs08 - 2009-12-05

everybody here loves you tiben Smile nobody minds waiting, you have done so much for windows users, thanks again.

carmenm

You have to change the audio settings outside of xbmc if your using DSPlayer

- tiben20 - 2009-12-05

>>X<<' Wrote:In xbmc the the analogue/digital setting controls whether its bitstreamed or PCM

Personally I like it the way it is because it gives you lots of freedom with audio and video codecs that can be used, would that still be possible if it was integrated more I mean if you didn't want to use mpc hc audio decoder for example but ac3 filter instead wouldn't it cause problems ?

I guess that's why you have access to filters in media players instead of options in the player itself ?
Actually im sure of one thing i already have setup the interface to change the settings from xbmc for the mpa decoder. For the ac3 filter if there some config that are important too be set directly from xbmc i can give it a try just need to know what people need