Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- robbaroon - 2009-12-06

>>X<<' Wrote:What ever you do don't install a codec pack they are never needed
That's what I thought and why I was trying to avoid installing them.

>>X<<' Wrote:If a media player uses directshow filters codecs etc it gives you access to those filters normally on right click, this isn't currently an option here so you have to do it from another media player

Just use the zip version of MPC-HC and change the settings as in the link posted, select SPDIF then its just bitstreamed so your audio is completely untouched
I'll give that a shot, thanks! Is SPDIF correct for HDMI connections also? For some reason I thought it was for optical cable only.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-06

>>X<<' Wrote:In xbmc the the analogue/digital setting controls whether its bitstreamed or PCM

Personally I like it the way it is because it gives you lots of freedom with audio and video codecs that can be used, would that still be possible if it was integrated more I mean if you didn't want to use mpc hc audio decoder for example but ac3 filter instead wouldn't it cause problems ?

I guess that's why you have access to filters in media players instead of options in the player itself ?
I think your only not aware on how filters are actually configured from behind its just registry key example
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Gabest\Filters\MPC Video Decoder]
are the config loaded when the mpc video decoder is inserted into the graph.
When your talking about access filters from mediaplayers its just showing a com components implement into the code of the filter. Its this one exactly
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms695217(VS.85).aspx
The PropertyPages getting there text and config from the filters interface again in the mpc video decoder examples its IMPCVideoDecFilter. Im only not using the ISpecify property pages im directly working with again as an example for getting the dxva interface currently used the function IMPCVideoDecFilter->GetDXVADecoderGuid. This information on the dxva which is usualy written on the property page of the mpc decoder is written directly on the codec info on the screen. Getting info like this or settings SPDIF on mpa decoder is almost the same thing.
I hope you will like that big explication on how it is working Tongue

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-06

tiben20 Wrote:I think your only not aware on how filters are actually configured from behind its just registry key example
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Gabest\Filters\MPC Video Decoder]
are the config loaded when the mpc video decoder is inserted into the graph.
When your talking about access filters from mediaplayers its just showing a com components implement into the code of the filter. Its this one exactly
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms695217(VS.85).aspx
The PropertyPages getting there text and config from the filters interface again in the mpc video decoder examples its IMPCVideoDecFilter. Im only not using the ISpecify property pages im directly working with again as an example for getting the dxva interface currently used the function IMPCVideoDecFilter->GetDXVADecoderGuid. This information on the dxva which is usualy written on the property page of the mpc decoder is written directly on the codec info on the screen. Getting info like this or settings SPDIF on mpa decoder is almost the same thing.
I hope you will like that big explication on how it is working Tongue

Nope your right I don't know the inner workings I'm just an end user which is why I phrased it as a question

- tiben20 - 2009-12-06

>>X<<' Wrote:Nope your right I don't know the inner workings I'm just an end user which is why I phrased it as a question

Thats why i answered with so much precision Big Grin So now that you know filters can be configured from xbmc gui i only need to know which config match the xbmc im not really sure how i can set digital or analog stuff to match audio filters from the player. If they dont really match and i got enough request on integrating the setting into the gui it could be a possible way to do it

tiben20 Wrote:Thats why i answered with so much precision Big Grin So now that you know filters can be configured from xbmc gui i only need to know which config match the xbmc im not really sure how i can set digital or analog stuff to match audio filters from the player. If they dont really match and i got enough request on integrating the setting into the gui it could be a possible way to do it

I never thought it couldn't done lol

If I'm understanding you, you want to know the audio filter settings that are the equivalent of xbmc's when set to Analogue / Digital

XBMC audio set to Analogue = Decode to speakers, 3 Front + 2 Rear, LFE

XBMC audio set to Digital = SPDIF

XBMC audio set to "Downmix multichannel audio to stereo" would be the same as above but with stereo selected but I believe it only works on Decode to speakers not SPDIF, I don't think XBMC can downmix when set to digital either so it would be no different in XBMC

The only other thing is when you set XBMC to digital it gives you two options "DTS/AC3 Capable receiver" unchecked its "Decode to speakers" as above checked it would be SPDIF

Not sure if that's the info your after ?

- ashlar - 2009-12-06

Are you talking about MPC-HC audio decoder or AC3filter?

ashlar Wrote:Are you talking about MPC-HC audio decoder or AC3filter?

If your asking me I'm talking about MPC-HC audio decoder as that's what its set to use

- ashlar - 2009-12-06

>>X<<' Wrote:If your asking me I'm talking about MPC-HC audio decoder as that's what its set to use
Ok. As with AC3 filter there are advantages, such as re-encoding on the fly to AC3 640kbps.

- buzzqw - 2009-12-06

Quote:Ok. As with AC3 filter there are advantages, such as re-encoding on the fly to AC3 640kbps.
the same is possible with ffdshow
and is possible to encode to ac3 only multichannel input

so the aac 2ch will pass via sp/dif, but the 5.1aac will be reencode to 5.1 ac3 Smile

very handy!

BHH

- uncertainty - 2009-12-07

buzzqw Wrote:the same is possible with ffdshow
and is possible to encode to ac3 only multichannel input

so the aac 2ch will pass via sp/dif, but the 5.1aac will be reencode to 5.1 ac3 Smile

very handy!

BHH

Ironic that alot of us are happy as a clam to now have ffdshow audio support and yet the title of this thread is GPU assisted acceleration....Amazing how one can easily lead to another...heh

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

>>X<<' Wrote:I never thought it couldn't done lol

If I'm understanding you, you want to know the audio filter settings that are the equivalent of xbmc's when set to Analogue / Digital

XBMC audio set to Analogue = Decode to speakers, 3 Front + 2 Rear, LFE

XBMC audio set to Digital = SPDIF

XBMC audio set to "Downmix multichannel audio to stereo" would be the same as above but with stereo selected but I believe it only works on Decode to speakers not SPDIF, I don't think XBMC can downmix when set to digital either so it would be no different in XBMC

The only other thing is when you set XBMC to digital it gives you two options "DTS/AC3 Capable receiver" unchecked its "Decode to speakers" as above checked it would be SPDIF

Not sure if that's the info your after ?

Yeah i was looking for that info exactly.The only thing im not sure is if i should include directly the ac3filter into the project. Its not coming with mpc-hc directly but there a lot of media player and codec package including this filter. Ill think about that but in the mean time i will setup the way you just wrote and post a build of it too see if people like it if i dont have any problems i might be able to do it tonight

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

Ok i just committed the update for supporting dts ac3 spdif configuration
If you want too see the result in the log its going too look like this

This is analog with downmix to stereo
CDSConfig::GetMpaDec dts and ac3 is now on stereo
CDSConfig::GetMpaDec not SPDIF
The actual setting work like this
digital is setting spdif config on dts and ac3
analog is setting decode to speaker
downmix to stereo checker will set both too stereo
if downmix to stereo is false your getting 3 speaker front 2 rear
LFE is always set.
http://www.easy-share.com/1908646361/XBMCSetup-Rev25381-dx.exe
so test and tell me if the audio stream selection is working fine and also the new audio stuff

- Darkjasper - 2009-12-07

Dunno if its just me but once my seeking bar pops up there is nothing I can do to get it to go away. I have to restart xbmc. Also have noticed problems stopping one video and trying to play another hd video. Works fine with normal avis though.

o magnificent tiben20 - hellohello - 2009-12-07

i can now switch my dual audio files which is dandy when i want to hear martin scorcese explain how deniro gained ridiculous weight for 'raging bull' while i see him get hammered on screen.

but, my sweet tiben20, are subtitles on your to-do-list for the release?

- waldo22 - 2009-12-07

guys,

There's a DirectShow filter, driver interface lib, and Official Windows driver for the Broadcom CrystalHD on Broadcom's site.

what would be involved in getting DSPlayer to decode using said filter, assuming of course you have a Broadcom CrystalHD card?

-Wes