Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- uncertainty - 2009-12-07

hellohello Wrote:i can now switch my dual audio files which is dandy when i want to hear martin scorcese explain how deniro gained ridiculous weight for 'raging bull' while i see him get hammered on screen.

That is too funny...but true....heh

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

hellohello Wrote:i can now switch my dual audio files which is dandy when i want to hear martin scorcese explain how deniro gained ridiculous weight for 'raging bull' while i see him get hammered on screen.

but, my sweet tiben20, are subtitles on your to-do-list for the release?

Good to know the audio switch work. I really tryed to make it less buggy as possible. I hope no one will get problem with this.
Well for the subtitles im not really sure where to start. Getting them working properly with dxva would take a lot of works and i dont feel like spending 100 hours on that thing. So screw them until i really want them into the project. If someone want to code this part of the project i would be happy to answer question on how the player is working.

for the broadcom video decoder it would be really really reallly reallly easy to include the decoder into the filter loading process.
http://www.broadcom.com/support/crystal_hd/
Ill ask on irc if im able to do it ill see what i can do

ach, sadness abounds - hellohello - 2009-12-07

:'(

but seriously, that's ok: between DSPLAYER and MPC-HC as an external player for those files that do have subtitles, i have found a certain nirvana that i can live with.

thanx tiben20, you've made my aspireRevo a treasure to behold.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

hellohello Wrote::'(

but seriously, that's ok: between DSPLAYER and MPC-HC as an external player for those files that do have subtitles, i have found a certain nirvana that i can live with.

thanx tiben20, you've made my aspireRevo a treasure to behold.

So the player is running well on those aspire revo?

For the broadcom this is confirmed ill add support for it in next release and for the seeking dialog i noticed it but its only rarely happenin. Actually im not really aware on how seeking dialogs are working ill need to figure it out and fix it.

- paco - 2009-12-07

Awesome progress on this project tiben20! I tested out your new version and found a few glitches and I also have a few questions:

- The new version works great with digital audio and multiple streams. I did find a little bug with multiple audio streams. On my system, when you switch to an alternate stream, you can't switch back. I have to stop and restart the file to get the main audio stream back. I do have MPC-HC installed in my system and I did have it working with SPDIF before this release. I don't know if that makes a difference.

- I use MediaStreamRedux so maybe it's an issue with my skin. When using DSPlayer and pausing a file, the 'pause' dialog doesn't appear. If I press Info the dialog appears.

- When using DSPlayer to access SMB files, the codec info isn't populated correctly (pressing O on keyboard).

- Are your builds in sync with the main XBMC trunk? I notice there are some cosmetic differences between your builds and the ones made by IKON (ie. in settings 'Appearance' shows up as 'Look & Feel' in your build, Discogs is still present in the scrapers, etc...)

- Is it possible to 'add' DSPlayer to a regular build (by that I mean download an Ikons build, copy DSPlayer folder and maybe a few more files and have a DSPlayer option)?

Thanks again for your continued work on this great project!

P.S. Windows 7 32-bit, Nvidia 8500GT, Digital Audio Out (DTS + AC3)

- neil.j1983 - 2009-12-07

brilliant work.

i have one issue, and i'm not sure if you are aware of it, or if it's easily fixable.

i use reclock as my audio renderer, and the first video plays perfect. when i go to launch my second video, the audio doesnt work (silence). if i'm in windowed mode i can see reclock's icon in the tray, and it wont go away until xbmc is closed.

just thought i'd let you know.

windows 7 64bit

- m0oni - 2009-12-07

Hi, at first, sorry for my bad english, but im from Germany ;-)

Ok, thanks a lot tiben20, your my man Laugh

It is so super with the audioswitcher, this is what i wanted.

The DSPlayer is the best player i´ve ever seen.

THX a Lot

With best regards,

Rene

- m0oni - 2009-12-07

Hey, i have uploaded the File to another UploadService, if it is not OK, so tell me!

Download

titles - vaxjool - 2009-12-07

Quote:Well for the subtitles im not really sure where to start. Getting them working properly with dxva would take a lot of works and i dont feel like spending 100 hours on that thing. So screw them until i really want them into the project. If someone want to code this part of the project i would be happy to answer question on how the player is working.

Not to be a pain but, beeing a "non english" person myself, I really hope the subtitle feature doesn't get put off too far into the future. For me the case is that almost every movie is watched using subtitles.

I have an 330 ION and the only way to watch HD material with XBMC is using an external player, and so far I've been using MPC-HC. What I (and most other XBMC fans I suppose) really would want is a way to have seemless experivece of SD and HD material from within XBMC. I'd really like to use one and the same player for all material. But of course - in order for me and more importantly - my familly - to use XBMC as the ultimate media center, it really needs subtitle support. Smile

br

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-07

He is right that it is complex though. It took Mediaportal more then a year if I'm correct. They used the MPC-HC subtitle engine and made edits to it so it works with Mediaportal. Works great now that it's finished. If it wasn't for the crappy (slow) skinengine, Mediaportal would be the best mediacenter software..

I was thinking though..

Is it hard to let the subtitles get handled/loaded by the UI overlay? Like the menu/seekerbar are displayed on top of the video? So the menu UI loads a SRT file (internal or external) and displays it on top of the video?

This is the large development/release thread:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/
(now that it is finished, it's in the main branche)

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-07

m0oni Wrote:Hi, at first, sorry for my bad english, but im from Germany ;-)
Ok, thanks a lot tiben20, your my man Laugh
The DSPlayer is the best player i´ve ever seen.

THX a Lot

With best regards,

+1

I really appreciate the work that tiben20 did so far,thank you!

And I only wanted to confirm, that dsplayer is smoothly working for me on my Netbox nT330i!!!

I tested with Windows XP and even 1080p mkv with high bitrate are playing nicely with lowest cpu load.

I even tested with Win7, and all formats except mkv are playing nicely, 720p mkv also. Some 1080p mkv play fine, but those with high bitrate or some problematic coded files stutter while playing, although the cpu load is about max. 30%...

MPC-HC as if you will know plays fine in every combination, but I dont like external players in front of xbmc...No

Thanks for all your efforts in advance!

- buzzqw - 2009-12-07

thanks tiben20 for the update

now the dsplayer don't stuck or crash Smile

the only problem so far is the incopatibility with automatic refresh change of monitor, if activated got black screen with audio

thanks again for your awesome work

BHH

P.S. on win7 32bit

- >>X<< - 2009-12-07

Had a quick test of the new version and the audio setup is working pretty much the same as xbmc apart from one thing, when you select Digital it gives two extra options

Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable Receiver
DTS Capable Receiver

The default setting is on which means SPDIF, setting either to off would be Decode to speakers, 3 Front + 2 Rear, LFE

Basically it allows you to have one set as analogue and one set as digital

The only other thought I had was when set to stereo, LFE should probably be unchecked/off but I don't think its worth bothering with as I've never notice any difference in MPC-HC when checked or unchecked in any case you can blame me for that one Rolleyes

As others have already said your doing a fantastic job

- gfjardim - 2009-12-07

-Sumo- Wrote:+1

I even tested with Win7, and all formats except mkv are playing nicely, 720p mkv also. Some 1080p mkv play fine, but those with high bitrate or some problematic coded files stutter while playing, although the cpu load is about max. 30%...

Thanks for all your efforts in advance!

That's because DSplayer doesn't check if the video is DXVA compliant, MPC-HC does this test and if the video specs fail, it loads other codec than mpcvideodec.

For those video, you have to use DVDplayer instead.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

>>X<<' Wrote:Had a quick test of the new version and the audio setup is working pretty much the same as xbmc apart from one thing, when you select Digital it gives two extra options

Dolby Digital (AC3) Capable Receiver
DTS Capable Receiver

The default setting is on which means SPDIF, setting either to off would be Decode to speakers, 3 Front + 2 Rear, LFE

Basically it allows you to have one set as analogue and one set as digital

The only other thought I had was when set to stereo, LFE should probably be unchecked/off but I don't think its worth bothering with as I've never notice any difference in MPC-HC when checked or unchecked in any case you can blame me for that one Rolleyes

As others have already said your doing a fantastic job
Thanks for the help! achieved the goal to get spdif working