Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

Dannydeman Wrote:He is right that it is complex though. It took Mediaportal more then a year if I'm correct. They used the MPC-HC subtitle engine and made edits to it so it works with Mediaportal. Works great now that it's finished. If it wasn't for the crappy (slow) skinengine, Mediaportal would be the best mediacenter software..

I was thinking though..

Is it hard to let the subtitles get handled/loaded by the UI overlay? Like the menu/seekerbar are displayed on top of the video? So the menu UI loads a SRT file (internal or external) and displays it on top of the video?

This is the large development/release thread:
http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/
(now that it is finished, it's in the main branche)
Subtitles would be done a long time ago. I did give it a try the problem i encountered is the same ArtVandelae got when he tryed to develop the subtitles for my project. Their many conflict when it come to compiling m$ crappy class

- klauslunde - 2009-12-07

tiben, been using your player the last few days - amazing work! thank you so much.. works flawlessly. for me, only subtitles is the missing feature - i hope you get that to work some day Smile

cheers!

- Avigrace - 2009-12-07

I have yet to give this a try but before I do I have a couple of questions..

I see there is a menu where you can select from the dvdplayer or the DSPlayer, can it be set to auto select, ie only use DSPlayer if filetype is .mkv and resolution = 1080p?

Will this eventually replace the dvdplayer and become standard (when subtitles are working) or will it always be an addon?

- dtviewer - 2009-12-07

paco Wrote:Awesome progress on this project tiben20! I tested out your new version and found a few glitches and I also have a few questions:

- The new version works great with digital audio and multiple streams. I did find a little bug with multiple audio streams. On my system, when you switch to an alternate stream, you can't switch back. I have to stop and restart the file to get the main audio stream back. I do have MPC-HC installed in my system and I did have it working with SPDIF before this release. I don't know if that makes a difference.

- I use MediaStreamRedux so maybe it's an issue with my skin. When using DSPlayer and pausing a file, the 'pause' dialog doesn't appear. If I press Info the dialog appears.

- When using DSPlayer to access SMB files, the codec info isn't populated correctly (pressing O on keyboard).

- Are your builds in sync with the main XBMC trunk? I notice there are some cosmetic differences between your builds and the ones made by IKON (ie. in settings 'Appearance' shows up as 'Look & Feel' in your build, Discogs is still present in the scrapers, etc...)

- Is it possible to 'add' DSPlayer to a regular build (by that I mean download an Ikons build, copy DSPlayer folder and maybe a few more files and have a DSPlayer option)?

Thanks again for your continued work on this great project!

P.S. Windows 7 32-bit, Nvidia 8500GT, Digital Audio Out (DTS + AC3)

I was wondering the same about adding it to an IKON build.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

Avigrace Wrote:I have yet to give this a try but before I do I have a couple of questions..

I see there is a menu where you can select from the dvdplayer or the DSPlayer, can it be set to auto select, ie only use DSPlayer if filetype is .mkv and resolution = 1080p?

Will this eventually replace the dvdplayer and become standard (when subtitles are working) or will it always be an addon?

I dont really want dsplayer for standard player on windows. Dvdplayer is an awesome player. Yeah sure the player need some development if you consider its only looking the filetype to config itself. But i still do think i did a good job to create my own filters loading way for directshow playback. Subtitles might be kinda long to add i hope ill get the time one day to do it

dtviewer just ask ikon if he wants to do it. Im only posting build to see if there some improvements with the current bug im trying to fix.

PS:Added broadcom hd crystal support into dsconfig.xml just need to change the filetype if you want to use it

- neil.j1983 - 2009-12-07

tiben20 Wrote:But i still do think i did a good job to create my own filters loading way for directshow playback.

understatement of the year!

- m0oni - 2009-12-07

Hey tiben,

i have tested your new version with the audioswitch, but it do not work.

With the normal DVDPlayer i can switch the audio into german and with the DSPlayer i have only one audioline which i cannot switch.

Please fix it, because playing mkv or m2ts files with the DVDPlayer, it is horror. My fan goes higher and higher but with the DSPlayer it is very quietly.

You did a very good job, this is the truth.

So long,

Rene

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

neil.j1983 Wrote:understatement of the year!

What do you mean by understatement

Oh nvm just took a look with google translate
thx

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

m0oni Wrote:Hey tiben,

i have tested your new version with the audioswitch, but it do not work.

With the normal DVDPlayer i can switch the audio into german and with the DSPlayer i have only one audioline which i cannot switch.

Please fix it, because playing mkv or m2ts files with the DVDPlayer, it is horror. My fan goes higher and higher but with the DSPlayer it is very quietly.

You did a very good job, this is the truth.

So long,

Rene

Could you get monogram graphstudio connect to the player while its playing with a file and tell me if you see the AudioSwitcher plugin

neil.j1983 Wrote:brilliant work.

i have one issue, and i'm not sure if you are aware of it, or if it's easily fixable.

i use reclock as my audio renderer, and the first video plays perfect. when i go to launch my second video, the audio doesnt work (silence). if i'm in windowed mode i can see reclock's icon in the tray, and it wont go away until xbmc is closed.

just thought i'd let you know.

windows 7 64bit
Hummm if you uninstall the audio renderer just to test if the player restart the audio too see if its the common problem with playing twice a video

tiben20 Wrote:Hummm if you uninstall the audio renderer just to test if the player restart the audio too see if its the common problem with playing twice a video

good idea, it works fine with the normal directshow renderer. it must be something reclock is doing.

i tried to get a log, but it crashes if debugging is turned on, sorry.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-07

neil.j1983 Wrote:good idea, it works fine with the normal directshow renderer. it must be something reclock is doing.

Only way to find out ill install it and test

tiben20 Wrote:Only way to find out ill install it and test

much appreciated. may i ask how you started coding? did you buy a book, read tutorials?

- tiben20 - 2009-12-08

Added support for the pause dialog and maybe have fixed the seeking dialog issue
neil.j1983 Wrote:much appreciated. may i ask how you started coding? did you buy a book, read tutorials?
I started coding many years ago with visual basic 5.0 in high school. Since then i just learned from looking at source code and figure out how its working. I still had a mathematical logic out of the ordinary. As example, I studied 3 years at college in pure science and I passed my exams without studying. Thats why im really learning fast a coding language!

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-08

I wonder why you are a butcher though. Seems like you could have a science/coding job if you want it. Well, for now you are the most awesome butcher for sure Smile

- uncertainty - 2009-12-08

Dannydeman Wrote:I wonder why you are a butcher though. Seems like you could have a science/coding job if you want it. Well, for now you are the most awesome butcher for sure Smile

LOL, I have a friend who is a union butcher in the states and he makes more then alot of my IT/programmer friends.....