Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-08

hoborg Wrote:...or MPC-HC subtitle engine? Smile

Yeah as far as I understood it has many obstacles at the moment which prevents it from being implanted. So it's fair to use some code from Boxee Smile

- hoborg - 2009-12-08

Dannydeman Wrote:Yeah as far as I understood it has many obstacles at the moment which prevents it from being implanted. So it's fair to use some code from Boxee Smile

Well it is working preaty good in MediaPortal.

Yeah, took them many months to get where it is now, and it's different then XBMC. According to Tiben20 it'll take like 100hours, and since he is doing this entire thing on his own, it'll be a little to much to do very soon...

I made a topic on Boxee forum to see how they did it, if it works at all:
http://forum.boxee.tv/showthread.php?p=70475#post70475

- mindweaver - 2009-12-08

tiben20 Wrote:Any debug log?

Mindweaver ill get nvidia sdk api ill be able to fix i might be able to fix those color stuff

No no Smile Your player is using the correct settings! It is the default DVDPlayer of XBMC that uses the wrong color settings.

Imo video should be using the video color settings Smile

- neil.j1983 - 2009-12-08

mindweaver Wrote:No no Smile Your player is using the correct settings! It is the default DVDPlayer of XBMC that uses the wrong color settings.

Imo video should be using the video color settings Smile

that is one way of doing it, but using 16-235, you need to calibrate your display to video settings, which makes the desktop too dark.

for a dual use display (desktop and video), 0-255 is the most convenient.

also, as far as i knew these are just luminance settings.

- >>X<< - 2009-12-08

robbaroon Wrote:Hello, I’ve got another noob question. Say I’ve got a clean XP system with no video players installed on it yet and I install Tiben’s latest version of XBMC, are whatever codecs needed included in the install package? Or, do I need to install something else?

I ask because I’m still only getting PCM stereo out of DSPlayer with the latest version. Again, I’m completely new to this but am trying to understand it so I tried opening a mkv file with Graphstudio to see what was going on but it simply said “Cannot open file”. So, then I tried another program I found called AVIcodec which is supposed to show you what codecs are associated with different video files on your computer and it said “DTS audio streams not yet handled” which I guess means whatever codecs needed for DTS playback are missing or at least not associated with MKV files.

Anyway, what am I missing? Do I need to install something else? Did I do something wrong installing XBMC? I do have Audio Output set to digital, DD cap. Receiver and DTS cap. Receiver checked also.

As your system is totally clean you might want to try registering MpaDecFilter.ax, go to start run and paste in

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\MpaDecFilter.ax"

Click ok and you should get successful message, it certainly wont cause a problem by doing so

tiben20 Wrote:Remember that everything is included you dont need anything else. The only thing im not sure is if the ac3filter is required but i dont think so. If your really not able to get the player using something else than stereo you can download and install the ac3filter from http://www.ac3filter.net/

MpaDecFilter should be able to handle DTS and AC3 without any other filters

- robbaroon - 2009-12-08

>>X<<' Wrote:As your system is totally clean you might want to try registering MpaDecFilter.ax, go to start run and paste in

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\MpaDecFilter.ax"

Click ok and you should get successful message, it certainly wont cause a problem by doing so

Thanks! I'll give it a shot when I get home.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-08

robbaroon Wrote:Thanks! I'll give it a shot when I get home.

Its worth taking tiben20 advice first make sure downmix isn't selected and Digital audio is selected not Analogue audio

- tiben20 - 2009-12-08

>>X<<' Wrote:Its worth taking tiben20 advice first make sure downmix isn't selected and Digital audio is selected not Analogue audio

You still dont need to register the codec. When the codec are loaded when starting the file i got a class dedicated to load every custom interface currently used(mpa dec filter, mpc video dec, stream switcher). When the mpa dec filter is detected in the graph the config are set for xbmc setup and then registered into the windows registry!

- robbaroon - 2009-12-08

>>X<<' Wrote:Its worth taking tiben20 advice first make sure downmix isn't selected and Digital audio is selected not Analogue audio

I will definitely check them but I'm 99.93414% sure I have them set as he described.

I've got a Ghost image of the computer setup from before I started messing with XBMC. I'll go back to that and try installing from scratch again. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong since nobody else seems to be having any problems. Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

- ashlar - 2009-12-08

Well, actually...

From here, one of the developers of Boxee (I think, considering how he speaks):

avner ronen says:
December 8, 2009 at 10:10 am
thanks! of course it also goes to XBMC

Now... In a way I'm definitely happy. On the other hand I'd like to have more tech details and I think it would have been nice if somebody could have informed tiben20 about this development.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-08

tiben20 Wrote:You still dont need to register the codec. When the codec are loaded when starting the file i got a class dedicated to load every custom interface currently used(mpa dec filter, mpc video dec, stream switcher). When the mpa dec filter is detected in the graph the config are set for xbmc setup and then registered into the windows registry!

Yeah I was pretty sure that was the case as I read your commits the other day, not with it at all today Confused

Is it not possible to just add extra filters to dsfilterconfig.xml and have them load or do you have to add them, as I use DC-Graphic EQ and the only way for me to use it now is to disable audioswitcher then its just picked up off my system which is fine as I don't have many movies with multiple audio streams anyway

This is the filter I'm talking about

http://dsp-worx.de/?n=6

ashlar Wrote:Well, actually...

From here, one of the developers of Boxee (I think, considering how he speaks):

avner ronen says:
December 8, 2009 at 10:10 am
thanks! of course it also goes to XBMC

Now... In a way I'm definitely happy. On the other hand I'd like to have more tech details and I think it would have been nice if somebody could have informed tiben20 about this development.

I never thought they would 'outrun' XBMC regarding Windows development. Boxee is getting quite serious though. I think they focused a lot on DXVA because they have a deal about a ION based 'box' which will run Boxee..

I wonder what they used to get it done.

Maybe they simply used the DSplayer source, and made it better without communicating it with the community? Or maybe they made their own player which works like DSplayer. Kinda sucks Tiben wasn't notified though..

- dannyv45 - 2009-12-08

I've read this thread from beginning to end. It’s absolutely amazing that this project is less then a month old and has come so far in such a short period of time.

Tiben20 I read that you have been programming for less then a year and in my opinion you should pursue a programming career. I think you would be very successful. Keep up the excellent work.

I just finished setting up a ZOTAC IONITX-F-E series atom 330 ion windows 7 system and I can't wait to give this a try. I'm sure I'll have some questions and I'm glad to see such a large following. I'm sure I'll have no problem getting questions answered.

I also have a broadcom decoder card so I will be giving this a go as well seeing that Tiben20 has also added support for it, Not that my system needs it but experimentation is half the fun.

So I guess my first question is.

Are there any precautions I need to be on the lookout for when testing the system running under DXVA and also testing under the broadcom decoder driver such as conflicts? Basically in short will DXVA and broadcom play nicely together?

I'll report back my progress.

- dannyv45 - 2009-12-08

Sorry double post please delete