Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Clumsy - 2009-12-09

Debug logs please when reporting issues, developers need info when problems get reported.

- robbaroon - 2009-12-09

tiben20 Wrote:Output device is not related with dsplayer currently i didnt touched that settings because i dont see i straight relation to match the directshow audio renderer with the device selected. Ill fix this when i got time. Before that im working on getting a correct synchronisation for those users who has a 60 hz television

Still DTS-less. I tried installing the AC3 filter and still no love. It appears DSPlayer plays everything (sound-wise) like it's supposed to except DTS for me. It played a MKV with just DD just fine so I guess I'm just missing that magic piece that makes DTS work.

- dannyv45 - 2009-12-09

dannyv45 Wrote:I've read this thread from beginning to end. It’s absolutely amazing that this project is less then a month old and has come so far in such a short period of time.

Tiben20 I read that you have been programming for less then a year and in my opinion you should pursue a programming career. I think you would be very successful. Keep up the excellent work.

I just finished setting up a ZOTAC IONITX-F-E series atom 330 ion windows 7 system and I can't wait to give this a try. I'm sure I'll have some questions and I'm glad to see such a large following. I'm sure I'll have no problem getting questions answered.

I also have a broadcom decoder card so I will be giving this a go as well seeing that Tiben20 has also added support for it, Not that my system needs it but experimentation is half the fun.

So I guess my first question is.

Are there any precautions I need to be on the lookout for when testing the system running under DXVA and also testing under the broadcom decoder driver such as conflicts? Basically in short will DXVA and broadcom play nicely together?

I'll report back my progress.

As a follow-up I installed the latest build and all I can say is WOW. For me it installed like a dream and worked perfectly out of the box. Sound switcher switched from analog to digital to deliver 5.1 audio. 720 and 1080 mkv play flawlessly. I am able to turn subs on and off and my mce remote works perfectly.

Tiben20 you are a genius. This has opened a whole new world for XBMC on windows. I can't believe how seamless this all works. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Now on to my only question.

I've done a lot of searching and I think I came up with the answer. I just need some confirmation that I got it correct.

I want to make dsplayer the default player for mkv files with 720 and 1080 in the file name and have all other files play through dvdplayer. I want to do this so I don't have to go into the context menu and select the player each time.

As I won't be using any other players other then what was provided in the install package would it be correct in saying that in my playercorefactory.xml I don't need a players section and just need a rules section as follows.

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="dsplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

And as my default install directory is

users/dannyv/appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata this is where I would place the file.

I am very new to XBMC and XML so please forgive me if this question sounds kind of noobish.

- xbs08 - 2009-12-09

dannyv45 Wrote:I am able to turn subs on and off and my mce remote works perfectly.

WOW this new!

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-09

robbaroon Wrote:Image

Still DTS-less. I tried installing the AC3 filter and still no love. It appears DSPlayer plays everything (sound-wise) like it's supposed to except DTS for me. It played a MKV with just DD just fine so I guess I'm just missing that magic piece that makes DTS work.

Just read your first post on here didn't realize you were only getting two channel which reminded me of something I noticed the other day but didn't mention it as I was still getting bitstreamed full 5.1 audio but maybe its the cause of yours

tiben20

When Digital is set and downmix off and your playing a full 5.1 DTS sound track, Graph studio mpaaudiodec shows 6 channels in and 2 channels out, strange I'm still getting 5.1 and others must be to

Edit : noticed the same with AC3 5.1

- Milenario01 - 2009-12-09

sorry for asking such a basic question but what is the difference between using DSPLayer or other external player like MEdia pLayer home cinema MPHC? i am getting HW acceleration by using MP HC with the only downside of having to close manually the window once film has finished. Is DS Player the embbedded player for XBMC? that would be really great

Thanks,

- tiben20 - 2009-12-09

>>X<<' Wrote:Just read your first post on here didn't realize you were only getting two channel which reminded me of something I noticed the other day but didn't mention it as I was still getting bitstreamed full 5.1 audio but maybe its the cause of yours

tiben20

When Digital is set and downmix off and your playing a full 5.1 DTS sound track, Graph studio mpaaudiodec shows 6 channels in and 2 channels out, strange I'm still getting 5.1 and others must be to

Edit : noticed the same with AC3 5.1

So i guest i did something wrong. Im not really an expert in audio stuff. Im currently using a headset with only the left side working Tongue. Ill have to take a deeper look into audio config once again

tiben20 Wrote:So i guest i did something wrong. Im not really an expert in audio stuff. Im currently using a headset with only the left side working Tongue. Ill have to take a deeper look into audio config once again

Just thought I'd check MPC-HC and its exactly the same so its not something you did looks like a false reading which is why its functioning correctly for me

Think I checked the other day as well cant remember at least its not something you need to fix guess his problem must lie else where

- ashlar - 2009-12-09

Milenario01 Wrote:sorry for asking such a basic question but what is the difference between using DSPLayer or other external player like MEdia pLayer home cinema MPHC? i am getting HW acceleration by using MP HC with the only downside of having to close manually the window once film has finished. Is DS Player the embbedded player for XBMC? that would be really great

Thanks,
Yes DSplayer is another embedded player (like DVDplayer). As an aside, you don't need to manually close the window when using MPC-HC. There's an option that closes the program when the movie finishes. And you could do a macro, on your remote, to send Stop+Alt-F4 to go back to XBMC when you stop a movie.

- StevenSeagull - 2009-12-09

Not trying to jack the thread but does this work on Intel 4500HD integrated gpu's?

- tiben20 - 2009-12-09

StevenSeagull Wrote:Not trying to jack the thread but does this work on Intel 4500HD integrated gpu's?

Only one way to find out test it

- StevenSeagull - 2009-12-09

I'll do. Where can i get the latest build?

- robbaroon - 2009-12-09

>>X<<' Wrote:Just thought I'd check MPC-HC and its exactly the same so its not something you did looks like a false reading which is why its functioning correctly for me

Think I checked the other day as well cant remember at least its not something you need to fix guess his problem must lie else where

Well, shoot. Does this graph look correct at least? Are all the proper parts there? What I don't understand is that I get DTS from DVDPlayer so the filter is there somewhere working right? DSPlayer will play Dolby Digital just fine, just not DTS.

Anybody have any ideas what else to check to try to fix this? I really like the way DSPlayer works and really want to use it.

robbaroon Wrote:Image

Well, shoot. Does this graph look correct at least? Are all the proper parts there? What I don't understand is that I get DTS from DVDPlayer so the filter is there somewhere working right? DSPlayer will play Dolby Digital just fine, just not DTS.

Anybody have any ideas what else to check to try to fix this? I really like the way DSPlayer works and really want to use it.

Yes it looks normal maybe you have a setting on your system that's causing the problem

May be you should download the zip version of mpc-hc and see if you get the same result at least your know then the problem lies elsewhere if its the same, your need to set it to SPDIF

- tiben20 - 2009-12-09

StevenSeagull Wrote:I'll do. Where can i get the latest build?

first post of the thread