Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- >>X<< - 2009-12-10

robbaroon Wrote:Yeah, it's set to NVIDIA High Definition Audio under the Audio and Voice tabs on the sound properties. I'm stumped too.

What started out as just wanting the DTS light to show up on my receiver might have uncovered some other problem with my Revo. I had originally thought when it was showing PCM on my receiver I was getting surround sound as I could hear stuff out of the rear speakers. After watching the live sound levels under the AC3 control panel showing only two inputs and 5 outputs is making me think that the software is making artificial surround, somehow creating the rear channels from just stereo input. Is that possible? If so, where do I go to manually set the input to 5, 6 or 7?

If I was you I would find a revo thread on here and ask someone for help as they will be better equipped to answer your question

robbaroon Wrote:where do I go to manually set the input to 5, 6 or 7?

Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices, Under Speaker Settings select Advanced then you can choose 5.1 or whatever

- tiben20 - 2009-12-10

Zak Wrote:Since the download was very slow for me I made a multiupload.com mirror:
http://www.multiupload.com/GWP0Q6H2G7

I hope you don't mind.

Nope i dont mind. Im only using easyshare because i can ftpupload

- robbaroon - 2009-12-10

>>X<<' Wrote:Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices, Under Speaker Settings select Advanced then you can choose 5.1 or whatever

Yeah, I had done that too. I'm thinking that's why I'm getting 5.1 output channels being created from just 2 input.

Anyway you are right, I'll probably have better luck on a Revo forum. I'm also reading up on codecs and filters. I'm pretty sure the answer is there in GraphEdit, it's just knowing what to do with it to fix it. Thanks again.

- burtoon - 2009-12-10

thanks tiben20 awesome job now my 720p mkv's work great, just one quick question as i might have missed it in another post, is there anyway to set the dsplayer as the default as most of my files will be mkv's or is this something that might be available in a later build. thanks & keep up the great work

- johoja - 2009-12-10

burtoon Wrote:thanks tiben20 awesome job now my 720p mkv's work great, just one quick question as i might have missed it in another post, is there anyway to set the dsplayer as the default as most of my files will be mkv's or is this something that might be available in a later build. thanks & keep up the great work

advancedsettings.xml add this

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

- klauslunde - 2009-12-11

hi tiben! my mkv's play just perfect with your player. but when i use the apple trailer plugin (settings on 1080p) - the video is severly choppy. and my inet connection is fast as hell, so it has nothing to do with that. i was wondering if there is a way to use dsplayer to play those in the plugin - and if so - would it help?

cheers!

- tiben20 - 2009-12-11

klauslunde Wrote:hi tiben! my mkv's play just perfect with your player. but when i use the apple trailer plugin (settings on 1080p) - the video is severly choppy. and my inet connection is fast as hell, so it has nothing to do with that. i was wondering if there is a way to use dsplayer to play those in the plugin - and if so - would it help?

cheers!
I think your the first one trying to use it in a plugin. Im not sure if there a way i need to see if there anything good in directshow for internet stream

- Maj. Incident - 2009-12-11

Hello tiben, I have a Revo R3610 running x64 Windows 7 and your latest version of XBMC/dsplayer handling my HD mp4 video's nicely thank you.

I have used advancedsettings to make dsplayer the default so I don't have to keep selecting it as the required player.

However, I have a lot of music videos held as separate vob files and as mpegs.

When I try to play a vob file the first frame is displayed and then the player just hangs.

I know vobs are just SD content and that I don't need to use dsplayer but it is simpler just to have one default player. So I have some questions that you can perhaps help me with please if you don't mind.

1. Does the dsplayer support vob and mpeg playback?
2. Should I instead use the externalplayer playercorefactory settings and some rules to make the old dvdplayer pick up vobs and dsplayer the hd content?
3. Will dsplayer still operate like an embedded player if I take the above approach?

Thank you for your kind attention and many thanks for your hard work on the excellent dsplayer.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-11

tiben20 Wrote:I think your the first one trying to use it in a plugin. Im not sure if there a way i need to see if there anything good in directshow for internet stream

Not sure this will help but if you try playing .mov in MPC-HC it doesn't even use directshow as far as I can tell, but if you simply just change the file extension to .mp4 it will happily play them using the same filters currently being used in DSPlayer

So maybe you know a way to present them to DSplayer as mp4 ?

- tiben20 - 2009-12-11

Maj. Incident Wrote:Hello tiben, I have a Revo R3610 running x64 Windows 7 and your latest version of XBMC/dsplayer handling my HD mp4 video's nicely thank you.

I have used advancedsettings to make dsplayer the default so I don't have to keep selecting it as the required player.

However, I have a lot of music videos held as separate vob files and as mpegs.

When I try to play a vob file the first frame is displayed and then the player just hangs.

I know vobs are just SD content and that I don't need to use dsplayer but it is simpler just to have one default player. So I have some questions that you can perhaps help me with please if you don't mind.

1. Does the dsplayer support vob and mpeg playback?
2. Should I instead use the externalplayer playercorefactory settings and some rules to make the old dvdplayer pick up vobs and dsplayer the hd content?
3. Will dsplayer still operate like an embedded player if I take the above approach?

Thank you for your kind attention and many thanks for your hard work on the excellent dsplayer.
No rules for the vob extension in my player ill need to add it. There some work that has to be done in the playercorefactory to make the player only play hd content it might be done in the next few weeks if im lucky and get some days off.

>>X<<' Wrote:Not sure this will help but if you try playing .mov in MPC-HC it doesn't even use directshow as far as I can tell, but if you simply just change the file extension to .mp4 it will happily play them using the same filters currently being used in DSPlayer

So maybe you know a way to present them to DSplayer as mp4 ?
The apple plugin is not a web stream? I dont know if i can make it handle http stream easier than the dvdplayer is already doing it

- mindweaver - 2009-12-11

klauslunde Wrote:hi tiben! my mkv's play just perfect with your player. but when i use the apple trailer plugin (settings on 1080p) - the video is severly choppy. and my inet connection is fast as hell, so it has nothing to do with that. i was wondering if there is a way to use dsplayer to play those in the plugin - and if so - would it help?

cheers!

Hey, do you mean that it buffers alot? If so, that problem is with the quicktime plugin or something. I have experienced this since the user agent fix. Can't hardly play any HD trailers without buffering no more Sad and I also have fast as hell internet connection Smile

tiben20 Wrote:The apple plugin is not a web stream?

Not sure what you mean you can stream or download, in any case looking at XBMC log they are m4v streams anyway and DSplayer plays m4v very well

mindweaver Wrote:Hey, do you mean that it buffers alot? If so, that problem is with the quicktime plugin or something. I have experienced this since the user agent fix. Can't hardly play any HD trailers without buffering no more Sad and I also have fast as hell internet connection Smile

When you use apple plugin it has nothing to do with quicktime it uses dvdplayer (FFmpeg)

- robbaroon - 2009-12-11

Ok, figured out my DTS problem, sort of. For whatever reason the audio filter is ignoring the settings from XBMC for me. From what I understand checking Enable DTS is supposed to tell the filter to use SPDIF which it isn’t for me. After playing around with a clean install with just MPC-HC and AC3 I was finally able to get DTS audio out. So, long story short, is AC3 the default audio filter for DTS format audio in DSPlayer? If so, how do I access the AC3 control panel on a computer that has a clean install of Windows and Tiben's latest build, meaning no MPC-HC or separate AC3 filter install? Is it available or do I have install MPC-HC to have access to AC3 settings? I’m trying to keep to a minimum the stuff I install on Windows.

Also, is the build linked from the first post the new Beta 2 with DSPlayer incorporated?

robbaroon Wrote:Ok, figured out my DTS problem, sort of. For whatever reason the audio filter is ignoring the settings from XBMC for me. From what I understand checking Enable DTS is supposed to tell the filter to use SPDIF which it isn’t for me. After playing around with a clean install with just MPC-HC and AC3 I was finally able to get DTS audio out. So, long story short, is AC3 the default audio filter for DTS format audio in DSPlayer? If so, how do I access the AC3 control panel on a computer that has a clean install of Windows and Tiben's latest build, meaning no MPC-HC or separate AC3 filter install? Is it available or do I have install MPC-HC to have access to AC3 settings? I’m trying to keep to a minimum the stuff I install on Windows.

Also, is the build linked from the first post the new Beta 2 with DSPlayer incorporated?

I'm not sure why its not working for you but setting Digital in XBMC sets SPDIF for both DTS and AC3, AC3 filter isn't needed and yes the only other way to set SPDIF is from within MPC-HC

I tested it many times in order to try and work out whats going on and it does only seem to be affecting you for some reason ?

The easiest way to set them in MPC-HC is go to

View > Options > Internal Filters, then under Transform Filters double click AC3 or DTS both have to be set to SPDIF, you can uninstall AC3Filter as its only complicating things

- Maj. Incident - 2009-12-11

tiben20 Wrote:No rules for the vob extension in my player ill need to add it. There some work that has to be done in the playercorefactory to make the player only play hd content it might be done in the next few weeks if im lucky and get some days off.

Thanks for the response tiben, I'll wait for that.