Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- dannyv45 - 2009-12-11

I'm a little confused

I want to make dsplayer the default player for mkv files with 720 and 1080 in the file name and have all other files play through dvdplayer. I want to do this so I don't have to go into the context menu and select the player each time.

As I won't be using any other players other then what was provided in the install package would it be correct in saying that in my playercorefactory.xml I don't need a players section because these players are already built into this build and all I need is a rules section as follows.

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="dsplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Or do I also need both an advancedsetting.xml

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

as well as the playercorefactory.xml

Also my default install directory is users/dannyv/appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata. Am I correct that this is where I would plase these files.

I am very new to XBMC and XML so please forgive me if this question sounds kind of noobish.

- Maj. Incident - 2009-12-11

dannyv45 Wrote:I want to make dsplayer the default player for mkv files with 720 and 1080 in the file name and have all other files play through dvdplayer. I want to do this so I don't have to go into the context menu and select the player each time.

As I won't be using any other players other then what was provided in the install package would it be correct in saying that in my playercorefactory.xml I don't need a players section and just need a rules section as follows.

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="dsplayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Or do I also need both an advancedsetting.xml

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<defaultplayer>dsplayer</defaultplayer>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

as well as the playercorefactory.xml

Also my default install directory is users/dannyv/appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata. Am I correct that this is where I would plase these files.

I am very new to XBMC and XML so please forgive me if this question sounds kind of noobish.

I got dsplayer as the default just by using the advancedsettings in the directory you specified.

- dannyv45 - 2009-12-11

Maj. Incident Wrote:I got dsplayer as the default just by using the advancedsettings in the directory you specified.

Thanks for the reply.

If I just use advancedsettings that will make it the default player for all content.

what I'm trying to do is have dsplayer defaultly play HD .mkv files with 720 or 1080 in the file name.

For example:

terminator (2009) 1080P.mkv will get played by dsplayer

terminator (2009) 720p.mkv will also get played by dsplayer

terminator (2009).mkv will get played by dvdplayer (note: no 720 or 1080 in file name).

All other content with file extensions such as .vob, avi mpeg etc would also default to dvdplayer.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-11

dannyv45 Wrote:Thanks for the reply.

If I just use advancedsettings that will make it the default player for all content.

what I'm trying to do is have dsplayer defaultly play HD .mkv files with 720 or 1080 in the file name.

For example:

terminator (2009) 1080P.mkv will get played by dsplayer

terminator (2009) 720p.mkv will also get played by dsplayer

terminator (2009).mkv will get played by dvdplayer (note: no 720 or 1080 in file name).

All other content with file extensions such as .vob, avi mpeg etc would also default to dvdplayer.

playercorefactory.xml only do not have anything in advancedsettings.xml

It should work but I don't have any 1080 but 720 worked fine and only mkv with resolution in the file name

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    <player name="DSPlayer" type="dsplayer" audio="false" video="true">
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="DSPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

- dannyv45 - 2009-12-11

>>X<<' Wrote:playercorefactory.xml only do not have anything in advancedsettings.xml

It should work but I don't have any 1080 but 720 worked fine and only mkv with resolution in the file name

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

You are X-cellent.

This is the exact answer I was looking for. I will try it as soon as I get home and report back

Thanks

- robbaroon - 2009-12-11

I guess I’m just special, oh well. I have it set just like you describe above in MPC-HC but now don’t get any sound when SPDIF is selected. But, when I go into the AC3 filter’s own control panel and choose SPDIF (Pass through) it works like it’s supposed to (after giving AC3 the highest priority/merit in MPC-HC).

I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy with just installing Tiben’s XBMC and then the full AC3 filter so I can manually change that setting in the control panel. Hopefully that won’t add too much extra junk to the mix. I was hoping that there was some back door way to get to that control panel since AC3 was built into XBMC but I guess that’s not the case. Anyway, thanks for the help.

- mindweaver - 2009-12-12

>>X<<' Wrote:When you use apple plugin it has nothing to do with quicktime it uses dvdplayer (FFmpeg)

With quicktime I mean the apple trailer plugin. It gets the streams from the quicktime website. I know it uses dvdplayer to play it.

- burtoon - 2009-12-12

>>X<<' Wrote:playercorefactory.xml only do not have anything in advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <players>
    </player>
  </players>
  <rules action="prepend">
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

thanks >>X<< i did this and now have dsplayer as my default player Big Grin

- carmenm - 2009-12-12

Hi,
I just wanted to relate a few facks i found out playing with DSPlayer.
-When i start a movie with multiple audio tracks, i can switch track and it works. but then if i close the dialog, come back and try again i cant change the audio track anymore.
- Saf is configured here to use ffdshow for 5.1 and more. using MP it works but using DSPlayer it uses MPAA codecs. I am not sure if its normal. I remind reading in the thread that you force used codecs, if i remember well ....
- I confirm than when Playing 5.1 or DTS in the MPAAcodec i have 6 channels in and 2 channels out. Though by putting my ears in front of the speakers i can say i still have 5.1.

Now i need to try the rtick to use dsplayer as default Wink

Thanks

- tiben20 - 2009-12-12

carmenm Wrote:Hi,
I just wanted to relate a few facks i found out playing with DSPlayer.
-When i start a movie with multiple audio tracks, i can switch track and it works. but then if i close the dialog, come back and try again i cant change the audio track anymore.
- Saf is configured here to use ffdshow for 5.1 and more. using MP it works but using DSPlayer it uses MPAA codecs. I am not sure if its normal. I remind reading in the thread that you force used codecs, if i remember well ....
- I confirm than when Playing 5.1 or DTS in the MPAAcodec i have 6 channels in and 2 channels out. Though by putting my ears in front of the speakers i can say i still have 5.1.

Now i need to try the rtick to use dsplayer as default Wink

Thanks

For the information i only did the tracker switching in one shot with less than 2hours of work. Didnt look for bugs. Im actually working on making a reference clock like dvdplayervideo the good thing about that its going to work on 50hz tv, toggle from full screen to windowed or the inverse working while playing a video, also switching monitor will work, its a pretty good base for making subtitles working, and much more...

- Scott R - 2009-12-12

Are there any other Acer Revo 1600 (single core model) w/Windows XP users who have this working? I fully uninstalled XBMC, then installed tiben's version yesterday. When I go to play a movie, all I get is a black screen. CPU usage seems to jump up. If a wait a while, I might hear some sound. XBMC becomes unresponsive. I then have to bring up task switcher to kill XBMC.

- Maj. Incident - 2009-12-12

Scott R Wrote:Are there any other Acer Revo 1600 (single core model) w/Windows XP users who have this working? I fully uninstalled XBMC, then installed tiben's version yesterday. When I go to play a movie, all I get is a black screen. CPU usage seems to jump up. If a wait a while, I might hear some sound. XBMC becomes unresponsive. I then have to bring up task switcher to kill XBMC.

In Video Settings > Playback do you have "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" turned on? This will blank out the display as I don't think the DSPlayer likes this yet.

- buzzqw - 2009-12-12

Scott R Wrote:When I go to play a movie, all I get is a black screen. CPU usage seems to jump up. If a wait a while, I might hear some sound. XBMC becomes unresponsive. I then have to bring up task switcher to kill XBMC.

got the same problem. Maj. Incident is correct switching out "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" will resolve it

BHH

- Scott R - 2009-12-12

Maj. Incident Wrote:In Video Settings > Playback do you have "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" turned on? This will blank out the display as I don't think the DSPlayer likes this yet.
No, that's unchecked. Also if it helps:
- An .mkv file I tried didn't seem to play at all
- .m2ts file plays sound but screen is black. CPU usage over 70%.

I already had MPC-HC installed (was launching that as an external player from XBMC). I uninstalled XBMC and then installed tiben's version, but left my MPC-HC install alone. Playing that .m2ts file thru MPC-HC keeps CPU usage under 40% (though even that seems high to me, as I keep reading people say that with ION-optimized players, CPU usage should be more like 10-20%).

- Scott R - 2009-12-12

OK, an update:

I was able to get it somewhat working by setting "Vertical blank sync" to Disabled. I was then able to get my .m2ts file to play. However, I had lots of video tearing as well as judder. Note that my desktop was set to 1080p@24Hz mode (which, usuing MPC-HC as an external player would play this file perfectly - setting my desktop to 60Hz would give me a little judder - in neither case would I get tearing, though).

Playing the .mkv file resulted in no audio and the video looked like it may have been running in slow-mo, but I can't say for certain.

The funny thing is that now I'm back to having a black screen even for my .m2ts file and switching the vertical blank sync settings around doesn't seem to fix it. I suspect that rebooting might get it working again but, again, the tearing issues make this unusable for me. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to try them. And tiben, please keep up the great work! You certainly seem to be very close and it's quite possible that the problems I'm experiencing are specific to something I've got set wrong somewhere.