Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- benogil - 2009-12-12

Scott-
There may be several reasons for the problem, but can you try this build of MPC-HC and see if it works better - http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-player-classic-home-cinema-x86-x64/media-player-classic-homecinema-x86-x64-svn-1311.html,

Ben

- dannyv45 - 2009-12-13

dannyv45 Wrote:You are X-cellent.

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="DSPlayer" type="dsplayer" audio="false" video="true">
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mkv" filename=".*720.*|.*1080.*" player="DSPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

This is the exact answer I was looking for. I will try it as soon as I get home and report back

Thanks

Worked like a charm.

- hades_2100 - 2009-12-13

Hello,

This work is great! I'm having 2 problems though. I'm trying to play a 1080p MKV rip of Home Alone with dual audio (English/Hungarian). All my machines are straightforward Win7 installations with Tiben's XBMC. Nothing else.

1) I have 2 Aver REVO 1600's running Win7 and a 3 year old Dell dual-core machine with an ATI 4350. I am having a problem playing this, and other 1080 MKVs. The video plays fine on the ATI4350 video card, CPU usage is about 10%. On the REVO it spikes the CPU to 100% and I get about 13FPS. I've played other 720 content, and those play fine.

2) I cannot switch between the audio tracks. Both audio tracks show up in the AUDIO menu of XBMC, but when I toggle to the 2nd audio, I just get nothing. No audio.

Any ideas? I will post a log from all my machines in a bit. Need to hook up keyboards/mice and run through it, so it'll take a bit.

I can also post a sample of the MKV if someone else would like to try it?

Thanks,

hades

- apatrullando - 2009-12-13

Hello, I have an asrock 330ht. The operating system is Windows 7 pro.
I installed the version XBMCSetup-Rev25381-dx.exe, and I can`t play mkv. I get the following errors:
ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter
ERROR: DSPlayer CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed when inserting filters
ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFile failed to start this file with dsplayer e:\Jargv.Up.1080pEsp.Latino\Up.MKV
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [e:\Jargv.Up.1080pEsp.Latino\Up.MKV]

How can I fix this? Thanks a lot

- Dez - 2009-12-13

hades_2100 Wrote:Hello,

This work is great! I'm having 2 problems though. I'm trying to play a 1080p MKV rip of Home Alone with dual audio (English/Hungarian). All my machines are straightforward Win7 installations with Tiben's XBMC. Nothing else.

1) I have 2 Aver REVO 1600's running Win7 and a 3 year old Dell dual-core machine with an ATI 4350. I am having a problem playing this, and other 1080 MKVs. The video plays fine on the ATI4350 video card, CPU usage is about 10%. On the REVO it spikes the CPU to 100% and I get about 13FPS. I've played other 720 content, and those play fine.

2) I cannot switch between the audio tracks. Both audio tracks show up in the AUDIO menu of XBMC, but when I toggle to the 2nd audio, I just get nothing. No audio.

Any ideas? I will post a log from all my machines in a bit. Need to hook up keyboards/mice and run through it, so it'll take a bit.

Thanks,

hades

I'm actually having no success at all playing MKVs with multiple audio tracks - Tiben's XBMC just crashes. Aside from that and the lack of subtitles, everything else has been working perfect - I like that it's using Windows directshow, so the black levels are set correctly on my tv that only does 16-255. If you can fix these two issues, I can finally dump Mediaportal Big Grin

EDIT: Here is what my log says:

16:27:07 T:3120 M:1384202240 DEBUG: Mixer output : NV12
16:27:08 T:3120 M:1376399360 DEBUG: DSPlayer CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Successfuly connected every filters
16:27:08 T:3120 M:1376411648 DEBUG: RocknRolla.2008.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv / English (Audio 1)
16:27:08 T:3120 M:1376411648 DEBUG: RocknRolla.2008.720p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR.mkv / English, Commentary (Audio 2)
16:27:08 T:3120 M:1376415744 DEBUG: Got IMPCVideoDecFilter
16:27:08 T:3120 M:1376415744 NOTICE: CDSConfig::GetMpaDec dts and ac3 is now on 3 front, 2 rear
16:27:08 T:3120 M:1376415744 NOTICE: CDSConfig::GetMpaDec SPDIF

And that's as far as it gets, XBMC crashes.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-13

hades_2100 Wrote:Hello,

Thanks,

hades

yeah posting a sample would be the best thing to do

i also noticed a bug concerning the use of special character in the video path its enough to make i file not playing

- hades_2100 - 2009-12-14

Upload file to Rapidshare now... It'll take another hour. Sad

Quote:yeah posting a sample would be the best thing to do

i also noticed a bug concerning the use of special character in the video path its enough to make i file not playing

The movies are on a mapped network drive. To XBMC, the filename I am trying to play is:
W:\Movies\Test Media\ozaki-home.alone.1080p.sample.mkv
In reality it is
\\mediaserver\Movies\Test Media\ozaki-home.alone.1080p.sample.mkv

Regarding 1080p movies. I'm uploading the sample. But basically I get about 13fps and the CPU is 90%+.

Regarding 720p movies. My wife complained the HD files are not playing properly. I checked it out and yes, even 720p files are not perfect. It looks like every (I'm guessing the numbers) 10th frame is dropped, reading up the definition of 'judder', it seems like it is what I am seeing. Jerky motion. CPU is 30-40% and the framerate according to XBMC is fine at 24. My PC's monitor is running at 60hz, should I change it to something else?

Thank you very much for taking the trouble to help me out. I'm going to build another ATI-based PC because it works flawlessly on that.

I will post the logs ASAP. With a 2 year old and a pregnant wife, spending an hour doing logs is sometimes a luxury.

Thanks,

hades

P.S.: Here is the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/320907029/ozaki-home.alone.1080p.sample.mkv.html

- hades_2100 - 2009-12-15

Here is the log from the REVO when playing the Home Alone sample:
http://pastebin.com/m2260b1c0

About 30seconds after starting to play the clip, I attempt to switch audio, but get no sound.

I think I managed to fix problem with the 720p video. The problem was 'judder' and as soon as I put the desktop resolution to 24hz, the problem went away.

hades

- carmenm - 2009-12-15

tiben20 Wrote:For the information i only did the tracker switching in one shot with less than 2hours of work. Didnt look for bugs. Im actually working on making a reference clock like dvdplayervideo the good thing about that its going to work on 50hz tv, toggle from full screen to windowed or the inverse working while playing a video, also switching monitor will work, its a pretty good base for making subtitles working, and much more...

THe main reason why i post those facts is to be sure there are written somewhere. Dont you think you should create something like a google codeproject? May be it would help tracking issues.

You really do make an amazing job.
Found out what might be "a bug". I use rapier skin. When playing with the default player, if i do pause i get a "pause" image on the top right corner of the image. If i use DSPlayer i dont see that image.
Absolutely not a big deal right now.

THanks

i know you've been busy, master tiben20 - hellohello - 2009-12-15

but if i can bother you publicly for a moment:

1. can you please give me a run down of how you're compiling, i.e. what SDK's? what do your include and lib paths look like? i'm trying to compile your branch and it builds, but when i try to play a video with dsplayer, i get a detached "active window".

obviously i'm doing something horribly wrong.

barring that,

2. could you compile another build of your branch against the latest svn?

thanks!

- tiben20 - 2009-12-15

hellohello Wrote:but if i can bother you publicly for a moment:

1. can you please give me a run down of how you're compiling, i.e. what SDK's? what do your include and lib paths look like? i'm trying to compile your branch and it builds, but when i try to play a video with dsplayer, i get a detached "active window".

obviously i'm doing something horribly wrong.

barring that,

2. could you compile another build of your branch against the latest svn?

thanks!
1. and 2. are related Tongue the evr is broken until im done developing what im doing now. directshow is just giving you a default renderer which is rendering in a active window. This is normal.

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-15

Tiben, I wonder if you've had any contact with the Boxee team yet about their DXVA development?

- spiff - 2009-12-15

tiben, since you have failed to forward your sf.net mail addy you'll get the humiliation in public ;P; that 'fix' of yours is utterly unacceptable. hiding the issue by not logging it is not a fix.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-15

spiff Wrote:tiben, since you have failed to forward your sf.net mail addy you'll get the humiliation in public ;P; that 'fix' of yours is utterly unacceptable. hiding the issue by not logging it is not a fix.

kinda hard to forward mail when your working 50 hours a week, and i also dont really understand the goal with logging the lost device if you really want a real fix ill do one tonight a simple handling of lostfocus and is true full screen should do it

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-15

edit: nevermind Smile