Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Lookout - 2009-12-16

1st wanted to say ~ Thanks you tiben20!!
I'm running this on Acer revo 3610 with windows 7, and I have to say this DSPlayer GPU assisted acceleration work beautiful!!

----------------

So far, I found 3 bugs:

1: If you play a .mkv file using DSPlayer and then press hibernate on (MS) remote or power botton to hibernate and turn it back on again - the xbmc screen just freeze up...

2:The .mkv file with .srt file (subtitle file) don't display on DSPlayer?

3: I have few chinese/japanese are in unicode (fonts) file name, If I press play or enter the movie file - nothing happen?.. (it work, if I rename those file in english)

Thanks again..

- tiben20 - 2009-12-16

Lookout Wrote:1st wanted to say ~ Thanks you tiben20!!
I'm running this on Acer revo 3610 with windows 7, and I have to say this DSPlayer GPU assisted acceleration work beautiful!!

----------------

So far, I found 3 bugs:

1: If you play a .mkv file using DSPlayer and then press hibernate on (MS) remote or power botton to hibernate and turn it back on again - the xbmc screen just freeze up...

2:The .mkv file with .srt file (subtitle file) don't display on DSPlayer?

3: I have few chinese/japanese are in unicode (fonts) file name, If I press play or enter the movie file - nothing happen?.. (it work, if I rename those file in english)

Thanks again..

1. Its a pretty complexe thing to fix and i been working on it for a while. Everything related with toggle fullscreen, change monitor while playback can resolve in making xbmc crash due to direct3d being in a multi instance with the current video renderer. I hope i fix that thing in the next few days.
2. No subtitles are working yet
3. Yeah need a better handling of special caracters and also a better way to handle crash when inserting file source into the player

- Background - 2009-12-16

Hi,

supports the DSPlayer only specific graphic cards or all?

I want to buy a AMD 785g based mainboard.

thx

- natethomas - 2009-12-16

There should be support for all cards that support DXVA in Windows. This is a pretty broad range of cards. The following two pages should tell you just about all you need to know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_PureVideo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Video_Decoder

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-12-16

robbaroon Wrote:I’m still at a loss as to why I cannot get DTS passthrough though. I’ve gone into the filter settings and enabled SPDIF, set it to 3+2 and LFE, uncheck downmix all channels to stereo, etc., but still get nothing out through HDMI. Again, I get DTS fine through XBMC’s DVDPlayer.

Anyway, this is starting to look like a codec/filter issue more than a DSPlayer issue since I seem to be the only one not getting DTS out of it so I’ll stop wasting space here on this particular thread. On that note, does anybody have a link to any resources that might help me on my quest to better understand codecs/filters and hopefully solve my DTSlessness problem?

Thanks again for all of the generous assistance that has been provided here.

You're not the only one as I have the same issue. Video playback via the DSPlayer is great on my Asrock 330 ION machine (Windows 7) and I get Dolby Digital sound no problem but DTS/AC3 is completely silent. (Sound is being passed via HDMI to my amplifier)

I haven't tried installing MPC-HC or AC3Filter or any of that stuff as I think tiben mentioned that he's not properly finished with the sound yet.

Great work so far tiben! Big Grin

EDIT: Doh! Just been told that Dolby Digital is AC3. So my problem isn't the same as I can hear Dolby Digital but not DTS.

- >>X<< - 2009-12-16

skunkm0nkee Wrote:You're not the only one as I have the same issue. Video playback via the DSPlayer is great on my Asrock 330 ION machine (Windows 7) and I get Dolby Digital sound no problem but DTS/AC3 is completely silent. (Sound is being passed via HDMI to my amplifier)

I haven't tried installing MPC-HC or AC3Filter or any of that stuff as I think tiben mentioned that he's not properly finished with the sound yet.

Great work so far tiben! Big Grin

EDIT: Doh! Just been told that Dolby Digital is AC3. So my problem isn't the same as I can hear Dolby Digital but not DTS.

Your both using ION systems so maybe the problem lies there Huh

ISO file support - franky - 2009-12-17

Again, Tiben - tremendous work !

Was just checking again to see if/when ISO file format is supported. It is the only thing hanging me up from moving to your version. Thx !

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-17

>>X<<' Wrote:Your both using ION systems so maybe the problem lies there Huh

Hi there...

Im using a Ion system too, with my Zotac MAG 330 I dont have such problems.
DTS and AC3 get passed via hdmi to my Denon AVR 1610.

Since I changed from a Netbox nT330i to the Zotac MAG, the dsplayer even works with Win7 on 1080p mkv flawlessly. So it seems the stuttering that I reported was due to the nT330i.

- vh202 - 2009-12-17

Hey guys,

Just wandering whether it is possible to get a version of this plus the release version of xbmc 9.11 when it hits the streets? Just wondering because im not sure what version the code Tiben20 has written is based upon.

Cheers guys

- tiben20 - 2009-12-17

Before moving to any other feature i want to fix rendering problem with direct3d device reseting. (Toggle fullscreen, switch monitor....) Using direct3d for multi threading the renderer with the xbmc rendering system is kinda complex. As soon as the device reset xbmc crash on the device reset. Im currently rebuilding the entire evr renderer and i noticed yesterday a specific problem with the MFVideoSurfaceInfo http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa473817(VS.85).aspx i was getting the prefered d3dformat for the d3d surface so bottom line if you were playing a video which was trying to use something else than D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 the renderer was crashing.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-17

-Sumo- Wrote:Hi there...

Since I changed from a Netbox nT330i to the Zotac MAG, the dsplayer even works with Win7 on 1080p mkv flawlessly. So it seems the stuttering that I reported was due to the nT330i.

Thanks for clarifying its working correctly over hdmi guess they must be missing something somewhere

- erhnam - 2009-12-17

tiben20, are you working closely together with Boxee? I heart that Boxee beta1, which will be release early next year, will also contain DXVA. Are you working together with boxee on this or do you have plans to look in their code to see how they did this?

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-17

erhnam Wrote:tiben20, are you working closely together with Boxee? I heart that Boxee beta1, which will be release early next year, will also contain DXVA. Are you working together with boxee on this or do you have plans to look in their code to see how they did this?

As far as I know boxee doesn't use directshow which is why it doesn't run on XP, personally I hope tiben20 continues his own work as a move away from directshow would be a negative for me

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-17

>>X<<' Wrote:
-Sumo- Wrote:Hi there...

Thanks for clarifying its working correctly over hdmi guess they must be missing something somewhere

Ahhh, but wait...

A few hours after I wrote that, I can now remember that there was something weird during the installation. Im not quite sure anymore, but I think I installed the Nvidia HDMI drivers after the OS, then I installed xbmc and dts was quiet too, no changing of settings did fix that...

Then I installed the Nvidia HDMI drivers again, and everything went okay.
DTS/AC3 worked after that procedure...

Sorry, that I was a little confused, but I did too many installations the last few days, because of changing the equipment and the OS several times...Huh

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-12-17

-Sumo- Wrote:Ahhh, but wait...

A few hours after I wrote that, I can now remember that there was something weird during the installation. Im not quite sure anymore, but I think I installed the Nvidia HDMI drivers after the OS, then I installed xbmc and dts was quiet too, no changing of settings did fix that...

Then I installed the Nvidia HDMI drivers again, and everything went okay.
DTS/AC3 worked after that procedure...

Sorry, that I was a little confused, but I did too many installations the last few days, because of changing the equipment and the OS several times...Huh

Ok, that's at least something that I can try and see if it has any effect.