Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-17

>>X<<' Wrote:As far as I know boxee doesn't use directshow which is why it doesn't run on XP, personally I hope tiben20 continues his own work as a move away from directshow would be a negative for me

Well, the idea of XBMC is a player without any custom codec stuff. So in XBMC's spirrit, Boxee's version of DXVA is great. I agree on the fact that Tiben's player will indeed be more capable in the end. Much better for audio, WMVHD files and stuff like that. The problem is, that he is all alone at the moment, and it's very complex what he's doing.

On the other hand, Boxee's code will be available to the XBMC team. I'm sure they'll implent it, because it's a amazing job to what they did with FFMPEG. It'll be just like VDPAU on Linux, but also for Ati cards.

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-17

Dannydeman Wrote:Well, the idea of XBMC is a player without any custom codec stuff. So in XBMC's spirrit, Boxee's version of DXVA is great. I agree on the fact that Tiben's player will indeed be more capable in the end. Much better for audio, WMVHD files and stuff like that. The problem is, that he is all alone at the moment, and it's very complex what he's doing.

On the other hand, Boxee's code will be available to the XBMC team. I'm sure they'll implent it, because it's a amazing job to what they did with FFMPEG. It'll be just like VDPAU on Linux, but also for Ati cards.

I thought the idea of xbmc was to install and use without any hassle not what codecs are used to achieve this, and there's no reason that wont be the case here

It would be far simpler if you said your pushing for the boxee method because you want DXVA and subtitles now

- tiben20 - 2009-12-17

>>X<<' Wrote:As far as I know boxee doesn't use directshow which is why it doesn't run on XP, personally I hope tiben20 continues his own work as a move away from directshow would be a negative for me

Dont worry about that im planning to do it entirely no matter if i have help or not. Boxee dxva is really really different from my dxva implementation. Only a small part of the rendering could be interesting for contributing to my code

- JHC210 - 2009-12-17

tiben20,

How can I get the latest build of DSplayer?

JHC

- davilla - 2009-12-17

JHC210 Wrote:tiben20,

JHC

You build it yourself, tiben20 is too busy with development to be providing pre-built binaries.

- Spaceone - 2009-12-17

See first page. Nod

- gfjardim - 2009-12-17

JHC210 Wrote:tiben20,

JHC

At the first post of this topic.

- Dannydeman - 2009-12-17

Quote:It would be far simpler if you said your pushing for the boxee method because you want DXVA and subtitles now

Who doesn't? :o
And I am not pushing anything, I said that Tiben's player will be better in the end. But the code from Boxee, if it works as they say it does, is really something to great to be ignored.

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-12-18

-Sumo- Wrote:Ahhh, but wait...

A few hours after I wrote that, I can now remember that there was something weird during the installation. Im not quite sure anymore, but I think I installed the Nvidia HDMI drivers after the OS, then I installed xbmc and dts was quiet too, no changing of settings did fix that...

Then I installed the Nvidia HDMI drivers again, and everything went okay.
DTS/AC3 worked after that procedure...

Sorry, that I was a little confused, but I did too many installations the last few days, because of changing the equipment and the OS several times...Huh
It worked. Installing the Nvidia HDMI Audio driver cured the problem

Thanks Sumo! Big Grin

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2009-12-18

Dannydeman Wrote:Who doesn't? :o
And I am not pushing anything, I said that Tiben's player will be better in the end. But the code from Boxee, if it works as they say it does, is really something to great to be ignored.

Merry Christmas Image

- meson2000 - 2009-12-18

Hello everyone,
I have having an issue with dsplayer. For some reason, it is not accelerating some 1080p h264 mkv files. Its having an issue with the movie Babel. It has subtitles so that could be part of the issue. For some reason there are a huge video lag, its stuttering and playing in slow motion. Its not keeping up with the audio... The movie plays back fine using the regular dvdplayer.

Here is the debug log.

http://pastebin.com/f3be4dd63

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

- -Sumo- - 2009-12-18

skunkm0nkee Wrote:It worked. Installing the Nvidia HDMI Audio driver cured the problem

Thanks Sumo! Big Grin

Im glad to read that!Laugh

But lets say "...installing it again, after xbmc solved the problem..."!

- tiben20 - 2009-12-18

Sorry for being slow in releasing an update but im currently updating a major part of the evr renderer. Switching direct3d to direct3dex for xbmc when it is vista and later. This will remove a lot of bug related with the evr renderer Big Grin

- carmenm - 2009-12-18

Wow cant wait to see that tiben20. In the mean time thanks a lot!
Dont forget to stop working during holidays Wink

- paco - 2009-12-18

tiben20 Wrote:Sorry for being slow in releasing an update but im currently updating a major part of the evr renderer. Switching direct3d to direct3dex for xbmc when it is vista and later. This will remove a lot of bug related with the evr renderer Big Grin

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones! I've been using your player for weeks under Windows 7 and haven't had any issues. The only reason I keep hoping for an update is to get all the other non-DSPlayer fixes updated. Is the DSPlayer trunk in sync with the main XBMC trunk?