Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- christoofar - 2009-12-20

hades_2100 Wrote:Do you mean if you play a stereo video or audio, the receiver thinks it getting an audio signal on all channels? I have this problem and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it so my receiver could upmix it to 5.1 channels.

hades
Yes, exactly. Before I could select DPL II for any stereo .avis or any of my music files. Now even though the surround light is on, they come thru only my L&R speakers, the center isn't outputting sound. And if I enable DPLII the SQ goes wierd & trebly/phasey = not good.
The earlier versions weren't doing this. I'm connected thru HDMI to my HDAudio capable Panasonic AVR.
Are you having any issues using Party Mode?

- tiben20 - 2009-12-21

christoofar Wrote:http://pastebin.ca/1720923
i took a look at this log and im almost sure at 99 percent that i know the bug causing this problem. Directshow is using directsound from the directshow audio renderer and another directsound instance in xbmc directly so there a simple conflict beetween them making it crash

- christoofar - 2009-12-21

tiben20 Wrote:i took a look at this log and im almost sure at 99 percent that i know the bug causing this problem. Directshow is using directsound from the directshow audio renderer and another directsound instance in xbmc directly so there a simple conflict beetween them making it crash

thanks tiben
Is this something native to your build, or XBMC in general? Are you able to fix it? Other that that, this build on my AsRock 330 is running very solid.

- >>X<< - 2009-12-21

christoofar Wrote:Yes, exactly. Before I could select DPL II for any stereo .avis or any of my music files. Now even though the surround light is on, they come thru only my L&R speakers, the center isn't outputting sound. And if I enable DPLII the SQ goes wierd & trebly/phasey = not good.
The earlier versions weren't doing this. I'm connected thru HDMI to my HDAudio capable Panasonic AVR.

How many channels are output is controlled by your audio driver if it outputs more than two I'm guess DPLII wont work correctly on your amp as it expects 2ch for it to work, earlier versions probably worked because your driver wasn't running in multi channel until you reinstalled it the other day

I cant think of any directshow that can make audio changes at driver level which is why they tend to have their own dolby decoding so you can leave it set to multichannel and directshow does the DPLII decoding

Only way I think your get it working is switching to two channel in your driver control panel I'm referring to passthrough/bitstreaming it might be ok with analogue

Have you tried having xbmc set to analogue then setting your amp to DPLII as its possible that might be ok ?

>>X<<' Wrote:How many channels are output is controlled by your audio driver if it outputs more than two I'm guess DPLII wont work correctly on your amp as it expects 2ch for it to work, earlier versions probably worked because your driver wasn't running in multi channel until you reinstalled it the other day

I cant think of any directshow that can make audio changes at driver level which is why they tend to have their own dolby decoding so you can leave it set to multichannel and directshow does the DPLII decoding

Only way I think your get it working is switching to two channel in your driver control panel I'm referring to passthrough/bitstreaming it might be ok with analogue

Have you tried having xbmc set to analogue then setting your amp to DPLII as its possible that might be ok ?

understood. Will check it out via analog mode for music only.
But what is causing XBMC to crash when playing 2 channel music files in Party Mode only? (mixed mp3 & FLACS)

- tiben20 - 2009-12-21

christoofar Wrote:thanks tiben
Is this something native to your build, or XBMC in general? Are you able to fix it? Other that that, this build on my AsRock 330 is running very solid.
I bet the way to remove every related error would be complex. I do think it could be done by using directly xbmc audio renderers for the playback. I did some change 5 minutes that could help fixing your actual problem just need to post a release to see if its fixing it

- hades_2100 - 2009-12-21

christoofar Wrote:Yes, exactly. Before I could select DPL II for any stereo .avis or any of my music files. Now even though the surround light is on, they come thru only my L&R speakers, the center isn't outputting sound. And if I enable DPLII the SQ goes wierd & trebly/phasey = not good.

Yes, similar setup as well, with a similar problem. Is your setup ATI or NVidia based? Mine is connected to an ATI4350, and, aside from the built-in Windows Audio setup, I couldn't find any HDMI-Audio settings in the ATI setup. At least the NVidia setup allows you to configure some HDMI-Audio settings. Sad

I will also try analogue output, but it might take a few hours. I have a Harman Kardon AVR260.

hades

hades_2100 Wrote:Yes, similar setup as well, with a similar problem. Is your setup ATI or NVidia based? Mine is connected to an ATI4350, and, aside from the built-in Windows Audio setup, I couldn't find any HDMI-Audio settings in the ATI setup. At least the NVidia setup allows you to configure some HDMI-Audio settings. Sad

I will also try analogue output, but it might take a few hours. I have a Harman Kardon AVR260.

hades

My AsRock 330 is an Nividia/Atom ION based netttop running XP Pro 32bit.

tiben20 Wrote:I bet the way to remove every related error would be complex. I do think it could be done by using directly xbmc audio renderers for the playback. I did some change 5 minutes that could help fixing your actual problem just need to post a release to see if its fixing it

Thanks to X & Tiben for ideas & help. I would be happy to try any new build that you think might fix this. Switching back & forth between analog & digital is one solution, albeit a non-ideal one Wink

Was able to try it quicker then expected. And the receiver is a Harman Kardon AVR254, not 260. Eh.

Switching to analogue had no impact on anything for me. Sound still came out of the front, the receiver still thought it was receiving 5.1 audio.

Changing the Windows Audio Control Panel from 5.1 to Stereo immediately had the receiver think it was receiving stereo, the 5.1 upmix turned on and sound came from everywhere. Switching back to 5.1 went back to fronts only.

This information is useful, but I have no clue how to configure the setup now. Will AC3 & DTS be affected if the Windows Audio thingy is set to stereo?

hades

hades_2100 Wrote:Was able to try it quicker then expected. And the receiver is a Harman Kardon AVR254, not 260. Eh.

Switching to analogue had no impact on anything for me. Sound still came out of the front, the receiver still thought it was receiving 5.1 audio.

Changing the Windows Audio Control Panel from 5.1 to Stereo immediately had the receiver think it was receiving stereo, the 5.1 upmix turned on and sound came from everywhere. Switching back to 5.1 went back to fronts only.

This information is useful, but I have no clue how to configure the setup now. Will AC3 & DTS be affected if the Windows Audio thingy is set to stereo?

hades

hades,
Have you tried using Party Mode for music playback yet?

christoofar Wrote:hades,
Have you tried using Party Mode for music playback yet?

I'll try it a bit later. Sorry.

So, got it working I think. Windows is set to Stereo sound, XBMC is set to Digital with AC3 & DTS capable receiver. Both AC3 & DTS are passed through, the receiver switches modes accordingly. AC3 & DTS are 5.1, stereo music/avi is upmixed by the receiver, as it should be.

DTS is still not working properly with DSPlayer, I either get no sound or the sound is warbled (like coming from underwater?). In all cases the receiver correctly recognizes that it's a DTS stream, except the sound coming through is not correct.

Thanks for the help, one problem down, about 3 more to go.

hades

- tiben20 - 2009-12-21

hades_2100 Wrote:I'll try it a bit later. Sorry.

So, got it working I think. Windows is set to Stereo sound, XBMC is set to Digital with AC3 & DTS capable receiver. Both AC3 & DTS are passed through, the receiver switches modes accordingly. AC3 & DTS are 5.1, stereo music/avi is upmixed by the receiver, as it should be.

DTS is still not working properly with DSPlayer, I either get no sound or the sound is warbled (like coming from underwater?). In all cases the receiver correctly recognizes that it's a DTS stream, except the sound coming through is not correct.

hades
If you want to help me fix this problem. Take a look at those 2 print screen
go there in mpc-hc and tell me the configuration you need to make your setup working with dts. This is the actual filter im using to configure dts stuff in the dsplayer

hades_2100 Wrote:I'll try it a bit later. Sorry.

hades

I tried setting Windows Audio to stereo (well desktop stereo, since that is what is offered). Booted up XBMC, played a movie & got the white noise problem again. Had to reinstall the HDMI drivers yet again. Sheesh, something sure kills the HDMI drivers somehow...

tiben20 Wrote:If you want to help me fix this problem. Take a look at those 2 print screen
go there in mpc-hc and tell me the configuration you need to make your setup working with dts. This is the actual filter im using to configure dts stuff in the dsplayer

Thanks for the help. It doesn't work in MPC-HC either. Here is the setup:

http://img69.imageshack.us/i/88492904.png/
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/30477049.png/

I'll experiment a bit...

hades