Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- lkraav - 2009-12-22

what is the situation with Media Foundation codecs?

- >>X<< - 2009-12-22

hades_2100 Wrote:OK, I don't know how much progress this is, but it's progress.

I installed AC3Filter, disabled the DTS/AC3 internal filters in MPC-HC and added AC3Filter as an external filter. MPC-HC then played back DTS movies beautifully. Same with AC3 movies. XBMC, of course, didn't.

Would it be possible for me to use AC3Filter somehow in XBMC instead of the built-in one?

hades

Yes you can configure it to use AC3Filter instead of MpaDecFilter but the last thing you want is it using both and you would have to configure AC3Filter from within another player

I'm not going to say how as it doesn't seem right me telling people how to change what tiben20 has spent a lot of hours getting to work its his decision to change things not mine if you change your own that's up to you plus it would probably generate even more questions more problems

- robbaroon - 2009-12-22

hades_2100 Wrote:OK, I don't know how much progress this is, but it's progress.

I installed AC3Filter, disabled the DTS/AC3 internal filters in MPC-HC and added AC3Filter as an external filter. MPC-HC then played back DTS movies beautifully. Same with AC3 movies. XBMC, of course, didn't.

Would it be possible for me to use AC3Filter somehow in XBMC instead of the built-in one?

hades

That's actually what I ended up doing. I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it but it does work, I do get DTS out of DSPlayer now.
This is what I did...
Dropped the AC3 filter in this folder:
C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer
Opened dsfilterconfig.xml
Changed the section under audio codecs to this, replacing mpaaudiodec:
<filter name="ac3filter" type="audiodec">
<path>ac3filter.ax</path>
<guid>{3D446B6F-71DE-4437-BE15-8CE47174340F}</guid>
</filter>

Doing this now has DSPlayer taking the settings from AC3 filter. There is probably a better way to make this work but this was the only way I could figure.

- robbaroon - 2009-12-22

>>X<<' Wrote:Yes you can configure it to use AC3Filter instead of MpaDecFilter but the last thing you want is it using both and you would have to configure AC3Filter from within another player

I'm not going to say how as it doesn't seem right me telling people how to change what tiben20 has spent a lot of hours getting to work its his decision to change things not mine if you change your own that's up to you plus it would probably generate even more questions more problems

Oh, I just read your post. If my above suggestion is not appropriate I will happily remove it. The last thing I want to do is disrespect Tiben's work as I am extremely grateful for it. Unfortunately this was the only way I could get it to work properly on my computer. Again, I am using a Revo with the Ion/nvidia chips which seems to be a common thread with this issue. If this is the only solution for us poor smucks then I hope you don't mind me sharing it. Or, if there's a better way to do it please share because as I've stated before I'm a noob at this and don't really know what I'm doing...

- robbaroon - 2009-12-22

On a completely unrelated note, has anybody else had the latest build say something about missing mfplat.dll when trying to run it? I tried downloading that particular dll and dropping it in the windows/system folder but that didn't fix it.
I'd really like to try the latest build in case it solves my DTS problem so I don't have to use the above mentioned AC3 rigging...

- Spaceone - 2009-12-22

I have an HP laptop with Intel 4500 MHD but i have "not using DXVA".
Is this supported? I'm working on WIN7 and using Media Player Classic - Home Cinema i have hardware acceleration working.

- fincheresque - 2009-12-22

The latest build works fairly flawlessly for me. If I wasn't such an SVN junkie I'd probably switch to using it for my main build.

I'm hoping to get the rest of the components I need for the second HTPC (Zotac ION, Mini-ITX, Pico Power Supply, 2.5" HD or some assortment of those) for Christmas, and this gives me hope that I won't *NEED* to install Linux. Not that it scares me...I was a MythTV on Gentoo user from awhile back, and I enjoy tinkering with Linux...but I find I can fix things when they go bad better in Windows than I can in Linux. And given that I love to tinker, things go bad more often than one might think. Smile

Thanks again Tiben20 for your awesome work.

- christoofar - 2009-12-22

I installed Tiben's new build from today, & basically had the same results. I installed it over the earlier one, rebooted the PC, reinstalled the HDMI driver started XBMC, tried an .mkv using DSPlayer, white noise audio.
Closed down XBMC, yet again reinstalled HDMI driver, back at XBMC, digital audio is back.
As a note, I had both FFDShow & AC3filter enable for AC3 audio. Not sure if this is 1. wrong. 2. Causing this problem. So I disabled AC3 in FFDShow. Movies still play OK. In my XP Audio Control Panel, Nvidia HD Audio is set s 5.1, as all the other options (monitor stereo speakers, laptop stereo speakers didn't seem right)
Next tried Party Mode. Something else: I used to be able to see the list of songs it picked for party mode, but I cannot seem to find that any longer with Library Mode enabled. End result XBMC crashed before the first song finished playing thru.
Log:
http://pastebin.ca/1723148

P.S. I think XBMC hates HDMI drivers =)

- tiben20 - 2009-12-22

robbaroon Wrote:Oh, I just read your post. If my above suggestion is not appropriate I will happily remove it. The last thing I want to do is disrespect Tiben's work as I am extremely grateful for it. Unfortunately this was the only way I could get it to work properly on my computer. Again, I am using a Revo with the Ion/nvidia chips which seems to be a common thread with this issue. If this is the only solution for us poor smucks then I hope you don't mind me sharing it. Or, if there's a better way to do it please share because as I've stated before I'm a noob at this and don't really know what I'm doing...
Nah that cool to make suggestion and as usual ill explain the reason why i agree or im against that suggestion. The reason why im not currently using the ac3filter directly there is no external interface for controlling the ac3filter without modifying the source code of the ac3filter and i dont really want to do that because if you already have ac3filter registered that would screw things up. If someone(With c++ knowledge) could have a good suggestion on how i could add that features i would be happy to work my way into addind this feature.
robbaroon Wrote:On a completely unrelated note, has anybody else had the latest build say something about missing mfplat.dll when trying to run it? I tried downloading that particular dll and dropping it in the windows/system folder but that didn't fix it.
I'd really like to try the latest build in case it solves my DTS problem so I don't have to use the above mentioned AC3 rigging...
ill fix that in one of the next commit its a library only coming with windows vista and later that is needed for my actual evr renderer

- tiben20 - 2009-12-22

christoofar Wrote:I installed Tiben's new build from today, & basically had the same results. I installed it over the earlier one, rebooted the PC, reinstalled the HDMI driver started XBMC, tried an .mkv using DSPlayer, white noise audio.
Closed down XBMC, yet again reinstalled HDMI driver, back at XBMC, digital audio is back.
As a note, I had both FFDShow & AC3filter enable for AC3 audio. Not sure if this is 1. wrong. 2. Causing this problem. So I disabled AC3 in FFDShow. Movies still play OK. In my XP Audio Control Panel, Nvidia HD Audio is set s 5.1, as all the other options (monitor stereo speakers, laptop stereo speakers didn't seem right)
Next tried Party Mode. Something else: I used to be able to see the list of songs it picked for party mode, but I cannot seem to find that any longer with Library Mode enabled. End result XBMC crashed before the first song finished playing thru.
Log:
http://pastebin.ca/1723148

P.S. I think XBMC hates HDMI drivers =)

DEBUG: CAudioContext::SetActiveDevice - selecting NVIDIA High Definition Audio as output devices
DEBUG: CWin32DirectSound::Initialize: Packet Size = 12384. Avg Bytes Per Second = 176400.
DEBUG: CWin32DirectSound::Initialize: Couldn't create secondary buffer (DSERR_CONTROLUNAVAIL). Trying without LOCHARDWARE.

Directx problem once again like the video renderer i definitely have a problem related with releasing renderers correctly. the CWin32DirectSound try to use the audio hardware but directx crash right when it initilize the audio device. Just give me some time until i can figure it out

- christoofar - 2009-12-22

tiben20 Wrote:DEBUG: CAudioContext::SetActiveDevice - selecting NVIDIA High Definition Audio as output devices
DEBUG: CWin32DirectSound::Initialize: Packet Size = 12384. Avg Bytes Per Second = 176400.
DEBUG: CWin32DirectSound::Initialize: Couldn't create secondary buffer (DSERR_CONTROLUNAVAIL). Trying without LOCHARDWARE.

Directx problem once again like the video renderer i definitely have a problem related with releasing renderers correctly. the CWin32DirectSound try to use the audio hardware but directx crash right when it initilize the audio device. Just give me some time until i can figure it out

Of course. Your help is much appreciated.

- robbaroon - 2009-12-22

tiben20 Wrote:Nah that cool to make suggestion and as usual ill explain the reason why i agree or im against that suggestion.

Great, glad to hear it. Last thing I want to do is bite the hand that feeds me (heh, that's a pun... cause he's a butcher...never mind, back to lurking)

- Loto_Bak - 2009-12-22

Nice work. Very impressive work
Sorry if im off topic here, Still wrapping my head around DS in general here but here it goes

I am running an intel 4500 based laptop.
I have successs with DXVA in MPC-HC but I must disable H264 (FFMPEG) in internal filters for it to work
How would I go about doing this with DSPlayer?

Sorry for my ignorance of how Dshow plays with DSPlayer. DS is a very confusing beast Sad

As a sidenote I cannot for the life of me get graphstudio to generate a graph on this machine. Fresh win7 install w/only intel DXVA drivers installed. It renders fine in WMP and MPC-HC but both gspot and graphstudio 'fail to render file'

Thanks for you time if you can point me in the right direction

- tonyt - 2009-12-22

tiben20 Wrote:I know there a bug that i cant figure out. The freaking lost device once a renderer started make crash xbmc. ** lost device mean(fullscreen toggle, switching monitor, resizing resolution, resize window to maximized or maximized to not maximized. Xbmc will also crash after you closed the player. you cant toggle fullscreen after the player started just once this thing is really driving me crazy. If someone have any idea on how i could fix that problem that would be nice

If the source is available I'm happy to have a play, if i can get xbmc to compile on the machine. I'm not a c++ programmer but I can read/debug c++ up to a point and am happy to put in the time if it might help.

- r1ctus - 2009-12-22

DXVA is not working for me on Vista 32 bit, i use ATI HD3650, in MPC-HC DXVA works. i tried mkv files with more included audio and subtitle streams.