Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Spaceone - 2009-12-22

Loto_Bak Wrote:Nice work. Very impressive work
Sorry if im off topic here, Still wrapping my head around DS in general here but here it goes

I am running an intel 4500 based laptop.
I have successs with DXVA in MPC-HC but I must disable H264 (FFMPEG) in internal filters for it to work
How would I go about doing this with DSPlayer?

Same for me Shocked

- majo2005 - 2009-12-22

r1ctus Wrote:DXVA is not working for me on Vista 32 bit, i use ATI HD3650, in MPC-HC DXVA works. i tried mkv files with more included audio and subtitle streams.

I also have the same Problem with this Videocard on Windows7.

- natethomas - 2009-12-22

You shouldn't need to do anything, Spaceone. Install the build. Run it. Done. Though you may need to pick DSPlayer from the context menu after highlighting a movie, rather than just clicking the movie. I haven't played with a recent build, so I'm not totally certain in that respect.

screensaver fanart/farting - hellohello - 2009-12-22

i use fanart screensaver mode, timing in at 3 min, no folder specified, it pulls tbn's from userdata.

after about 5 min or so, after it's started, xbmc freezes/hangs.

before i start posting logs, just wanted to know if anyone else was having issues.

(btw, thanks, as always tiben20, for this branch: it rocks, you rock, and now my revo rocks)

aspireRevo 3610, win7x64
dsplayer build from svn25956
use fullscreen window is checked
vsync always enabled

- ezhik - 2009-12-22

I've been following this development with interest and have tried a few times but I can't get DSPlayer to work for me. If I select the movie and choose to play with the other default player it's fine, though DSPlayer locks out and freezes XBMC yet I can hear the sound playing in the background.

Here is the debug log in case it may be of help, though I've snipped thousands of lines of repeated errors as it was too big for pastebin.

Quote:http://pastebin.com/m4e03fa78

If you have time I'd be interested to know what I'm doing wrong.

- Loto_Bak - 2009-12-22

natethomas Wrote:You shouldn't need to do anything, Spaceone. Install the build. Run it. Done. Though you may need to pick DSPlayer from the context menu after highlighting a movie, rather than just clicking the movie. I haven't played with a recent build, so I'm not totally certain in that respect.

Cant speak for spaceone, but I'm definitely using the correct player

- Mallet21 - 2009-12-22

ezhik Wrote:If you have time I'd be interested to know what I'm doing wrong.

Nothing. Its currently a common issue using Windows 7 (EVR) and Tiben20 is aware of it.

- ezhik - 2009-12-22

Mallet21 Wrote:Nothing. Its currently a common issue using Windows 7 (EVR) and Tiben20 is aware of it.

OK. Thank you.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-22

ezhik Wrote:I've been following this development with interest and have tried a few times but I can't get DSPlayer to work for me. If I select the movie and choose to play with the other default player it's fine, though DSPlayer locks out and freezes XBMC yet I can hear the sound playing in the background.

Here is the debug log in case it may be of help, though I've snipped thousands of lines of repeated errors as it was too big for pastebin.

If you have time I'd be interested to know what I'm doing wrong.

device not reset didnt found a correct way to fix it after 30 hours of try

- ezhik - 2009-12-22

tiben20 Wrote:device not reset didnt found a correct way to fix it after 30 hours of try

I know your work is very much appreciated. Painful and frustrating to devote so much time without solution, so near yet...

- carmenm - 2009-12-22

tiben20 Wrote:device not reset didnt found a correct way to fix it after 30 hours of try

It might look dumb but may be you could ask Mp devs? They might already have encountered that problem.

Just a thought ....

- tiben20 - 2009-12-22

carmenm Wrote:It might look dumb but may be you could ask Mp devs? They might already have encountered that problem.

Just a thought ....

Its really easy for mp to fix the problem only the renderers are using the direct3d device

- Freddo - 2009-12-22

Hi Tiben,

Wow, thanks for looking into this for me, it's a bit of a bummer having to close xbmc and open it again but I've mapped a remote button to do it for me so I've sort of worked around it.

Since you seem to of come up against a wall, can we open a trac ticket about this? I know dsplayer is in as a branch, but I'm not sure if that qualifies it to have tickets. It's a fairly good way to get the devs to at least have a read of it if you write it up well.

I'm pretty handy with trac, let me know if you want a ticket opened!

Thanks.

- baldrick - 2009-12-22

robbaroon Wrote:On a completely unrelated note, has anybody else had the latest build say something about missing mfplat.dll when trying to run it? I tried downloading that particular dll and dropping it in the windows/system folder but that didn't fix it.
I'd really like to try the latest build in case it solves my DTS problem so I don't have to use the above mentioned AC3 rigging...

Got the same error, I'm running a striped version of XP so I installed WMP11 runtime and the problem was solved! Don't why WMP files are neede though..

- tiben20 - 2009-12-22

Freddo Wrote:Hi Tiben,

Wow, thanks for looking into this for me, it's a bit of a bummer having to close xbmc and open it again but I've mapped a remote button to do it for me so I've sort of worked around it.

Since you seem to of come up against a wall, can we open a trac ticket about this? I know dsplayer is in as a branch, but I'm not sure if that qualifies it to have tickets. It's a fairly good way to get the devs to at least have a read of it if you write it up well.

I'm pretty handy with trac, let me know if you want a ticket opened!

Thanks.

Actually i think im only going to ask other dev directly if someone want to help me with this