Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player [NO LONGER DEVELOPED] (/showthread.php?tid=61355)

- Dalidah - 2009-12-26

-Sumo- Wrote:I can confirm that, the last build I have here to install that works is 25915, but I dont really know if a working one was released afterwards, because I was offline for a little while...

http://www.multiupload.com/NWJ9EHSVO3

Hello,
just tried the latest version (rev 26067) on an Asrock Ion 330 HT with a Windows 7 fresh installation: I it doesn't work. Simply mkv movies don't play.
I confirm that latest working build i tried on Windows 7 is 25915 (unluckili still with "washed" colors) Sad

Anyways, I want to say thanx to Tiben for the great job done! Great! You are going to accomplish an hard task!

- tiben20 - 2009-12-26

Dalidah Wrote:Hello,
just tried the latest version (rev 26067) on an Asrock Ion 330 HT with a Windows 7 fresh installation: I it doesn't work. Simply mkv movies don't play.
I confirm that latest working build i tried on Windows 7 is 25915 (unluckili still with "washed" colors) Sad

Anyways, I want to say thanx to Tiben for the great job done! Great! You are going to accomplish an hard task!

washed color are fixed in last build. Im working today, so tonight when i come back from work ill take a look on windows 7 why the last build dont work correctly with the new updates

- Mallet21 - 2009-12-26

Using the latest build on a Win 7 machine I am running into the following issue:

I selected force windows Vista and higher to use EVR in the settings. The videos play fine but DXVA is not being used. I connected to the graph in graph edit and it shows that DSplayer is using VMR9 instead of EVR. I unchecked force EVR just to see what would happen and the the videos would not launch.

Not sure it will help but here is a log: http://pastebin.com/d4522baeb

- paco - 2009-12-26

Mallet21 Wrote:Not sure it will help but here is a log: http://pastebin.com/d4522baeb

Just an FYI, that is not a debug log. You have to enable logging in Settings, System to get debug logging.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-26

Mallet21 Wrote:Using the latest build on a Win 7 machine I am running into the following issue:

I selected force windows Vista and higher to use EVR in the settings. The videos play fine but DXVA is not being used. I connected to the graph in graph edit and it shows that DSplayer is using VMR9 instead of EVR. I unchecked force EVR just to see what would happen and the the videos would not launch.

Not sure it will help but here is a log: http://pastebin.com/d4522baeb

The force non default renderer options is for development and testing only. vmr9 use dxva1 and evr use dxva 2 they are both only working on they platform specific dxva1 xp and dxva2 vista and higher only

- jacky89 - 2009-12-27

Is it possible to use DSPlayer with RMVB files?

- Nitehawk - 2009-12-27

Hi all,

nice to see somebody is working on GPU support, thanx for that!

Unfortunately I have a problem to get it work.
All vids I try to play are on pause and don't start :-(
Did I something wrong?

I have an Asus eeeBox 1501 with ION Chipset.
What is btw the best RC to control XBMC? The Asus RC seems to really suck :-(

Nitehawk

- tiben20 - 2009-12-27

Nitehawk Wrote:Hi all,

nice to see somebody is working on GPU support, thanx for that!

Unfortunately I have a problem to get it work.
All vids I try to play are on pause and don't start :-(
Did I something wrong?

I have an Asus eeeBox 1501 with ION Chipset.
What is btw the best RC to control XBMC? The Asus RC seems to really suck :-(

Nitehawk

Xbox controller all the way. The fast forward and rewind on left and right trigger are really nice. When you say asus rc your talking about the remote control coming with the My Cinema-P7131? if yes i know how to fix it! It was kinda hard to map the remote buttons with a keyboard key but i did found a way to do it right.

For the player i fixed 4 bugs on windows 7 today that might help a little.

Im about to throw away mediainfo sdk(This is used when loading a video file this is getting some useless codec information on the osd) I included a timestamp before and after and it take 9 sec to get those useless information.

- ltrambo85 - 2009-12-27

Hey Tiben great work from day one!
I seem to have a problem with the new build when I play any HD content with DSplayer it now says "not using DXVA"

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the the debug:
http://pastebin.com/m415789a8

Thanks again..

- Therms - 2009-12-27

tiben20 Wrote:Xbox controller all the way. The fast forward and rewind on left and right trigger are really nice. When you say asus rc your talking about the remote control coming with the My Cinema-P7131? if yes i know how to fix it! It was kinda hard to map the remote buttons with a keyboard key but i did found a way to do it right.

For the player i fixed 4 bugs on windows 7 today that might help a little.

Im about to throw away mediainfo sdk(This is used when loading a video file this is getting some useless codec information on the osd) I included a timestamp before and after and it take 9 sec to get those useless information.

In some custom scripts I've wrote, I've use mediainfo to fetch stuff like codec and video resolution and it takes like a quarter of a second. What info do you use mediainfo to fetch from the video file?

- ofeefee - 2009-12-27

i built a atom330 system, using windows 7, hdmi output. used the latest build, I noticed I have no sound now in XBMC. I tried a MP4 file, it played and sound was there. I played a matroska format, not sound, played an old xvid no sound.

Previously using dvdplayer it worked fine.

I did get the new build to work with video on the ION, I setup dsplayer as default in advancedsettings.xml, i then had to enable the force EVR in the settings, video now plays, but no audio, working on that now, going to try installing MPC-HC and see if that corrects the issue.

I'm not sure how to determine if dxva(sp?) is enabled, my cpu on a 720p was 30%, and preivous xbmc w/o dsplayer think it was around 50%+.

let me go try the audio, will update.

- ofeefee - 2009-12-27

alright...so i uninstalled xmbc latest from tiben. and profiles, backed up my advancedsettings.xml which had my defaultplayer dsplayer in it.

Installed fresh, then copied over my advancedsettings file. video problem not working getting paused...so i force evr on vista and higher, have video and no audio.

Installed mpc-hc, go back into xbmc and audio is working now, video is working now, but i'm having vsync issues, which i think tiben mentioned.

it also says Not Using DXVA on the screen.

about all I know, newb at the gpu stuff.

- ofeefee - 2009-12-27

and not sure this matters, but I cannot stream over UPNP, debug said it could not split the file. if i copy it locally it will play.

also if I play a regular xvid video, eveyrthing plays fine...it was a 720p matroska file that was having issues. I've played it previously and it worked, tried another 720p file and it has issues with sync.

- ofeefee - 2009-12-27

well i was having the same Not Using DXVA when i tried playing back the same files using MPC. So i uninstalled MPC, and picked up the KLite Codec Pack Standard. Chose to enable the DXVA option during the install.

Now when playing the files in MPC, it is using DXVA, not seeing a huge performance difference. Previously the same file was around 40-50% CPU, still seems to be at that with DXVA, but when I display stats in MPC, it does show that it is using DXVA2 but no FGT. Video does appear to be much smoother though.

XBMC DSPlayer still not using DXVA and sync issues after messing with it.

atom330/ion, 4gb of ram, win7.

- tiben20 - 2009-12-27

Therms Wrote:In some custom scripts I've wrote, I've use mediainfo to fetch stuff like codec and video resolution and it takes like a quarter of a second. What info do you use mediainfo to fetch from the video file?

Every osd info are coming from mediainfo and i really do think they are useless. So i wont spend any time to see if i can make it faster when i already know what i want in replacement for that
ofeefee Wrote:well i was having the same Not Using DXVA when i tried playing back the same files using MPC. So i uninstalled MPC, and picked up the KLite Codec Pack Standard. Chose to enable the DXVA option during the install.

Now when playing the files in MPC, it is using DXVA, not seeing a huge performance difference. Previously the same file was around 40-50% CPU, still seems to be at that with DXVA, but when I display stats in MPC, it does show that it is using DXVA2 but no FGT. Video does appear to be much smoother though.

XBMC DSPlayer still not using DXVA and sync issues after messing with it.

atom330/ion, 4gb of ram, win7.
Wont be able to help you for that until 2010 im working all week and i did some big change and tested everything xp so windows 7 could have some bug related with performance